Tragic End to Dream Holiday: Brit Found Dead in Thai Waters

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

I'm confused ..... 

Is this a repeat story that happened ages ago   ?

Is this the same guy who's already dead ages ago from the Koh Tao death   ?

Is this a new story and a new death  ?  different guy   ?

Please help me to understand WTF is going on here  .....    

It appears to be the same man who died on Koh Tao back in March of this year.  His name was given as Theo Bailey then.  The report in Essex Live is from the U.K. Coroner's inquest into the death which has presumably taken place recently.  His name is now given as Theo Morgan and his age as 27.

If you compare the photos of Theo Morgan in the Essex Live article with the photos of Theo Bailey in press reports at the time of his death.  It is most certainly the same person.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

This article is seems very heavy on the lack of details. Where exactly in Surat Thani? What body of water? A blow to the head by what? When did this happen .... not even a date. And the photo of what seems like a US police car? 

1.  Koh Tao.

2.  A drainage ditch.

3.  Allegedly fell and hit his head whilst drunk during participation in the Koh Tao Pub Crawl.

4.  The death occurred some time in March of this year - March 18 to be precise.

5.  The OP photo is completely misleading.  

The report of the Essex Coroner's inquest in Essex Live, whilst lacking in detail, does at least show a photo of the deceased. 

Edited by IslandLover
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, BusyB said:

One of the markers is an erratic CV. (Quite apart from the other symptoms listed in the article.)

Sorry. Correction. I should have said 'potential' markers. 

7 hours ago, sambum said:

There always has to be one conspiracy theory!

It is stated that he hit his head and then fell, but nothing about what he hit his head against. Why would they believe he fell after hitting his head instead of he fell and hit his head?

10 hours ago, BritScot said:

You know if you can't say anything nice just don't say anything at all. What a despicable person you must be. A young lad has died! 

Which was his own fault because he got drunk beyond control.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, bunnydrops said:

It is stated that he hit his head and then fell, but nothing about what he hit his head against. Why would they believe he fell after hitting his head instead of he fell and hit his head?

Sorry - 2 conspiracy theories!

On 8/31/2024 at 10:23 AM, frank83628 said:

this is where he fell in, perhaps the phone is there somewhere, it could in fact be anywhere

3198658d-19ee-431b-a2f4-d0c11bafb3dd.jpeg

that Thai water looks the same color as the Thai water in the klong near my condo.

it would kill a herd of wild buffalo in 5 minutes.

Edited by steven100
  • Agree 1

On 8/30/2024 at 12:02 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

"He was simply enjoying a night out..."

He was simply enjoying being so rat-arsed that he didn't know where he was or what he was doing if left alone.

You sound like such a warm, compassionate, empathetic, person.  Too kind for you own good i think

• Agree 1

On 8/30/2024 at 6:02 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

He was simply enjoying being so rat-arsed that he didn't know where he was or what he was doing if left alone.

Your a Very Sympathtic I See !!

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Blueman1 said:
On 8/30/2024 at 6:02 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Your a Very Sympathtic I See !!

You're very observant, I see, but not so good at spelling, although I was able to make sense of what you meant to post, I think.

7 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

A lot of people fake being compassionate, for instance: "thoughts and prayers" which actually means nothing.

True but that's usually celebs,  not people on here. they're not being compassionate on here to look good. they're being genuine.  

• Haha 1