Harris-Walz southern Georgia bus tour highly successful

Gecko123

1 minute ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You red hats are getting more and more desperate as each day passes. VP Harris could make a statement the "air exists," and you'd accuse her of making it Marxist air.

I remember a time when we actually had cogent conversations on this forum. It's now devolved to a few trolls slinging sh!t at everyone. When Harris takes over and you've all had yourself a good cry, I hope we can get back to discussing actual policies.

She has no policies

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, mdr224 said:

There were less of them four years ago

I would argue that one of the biggest drivers of housing un-affordability in the US is the entry of institutional investors into the single family housing market, which in my opinion, can be traced directly back to Trump's massive tax cuts for the wealthy. Some of the resulting wealth accumulation flowed into the housing market. Interest rates were artificially suppressed by the Fed during this period resulting in a stock market with abnormally high PE ratios, further making institutional investment in the housing market more attractive. This institutional money in the housing market, (particularly in the single family market which is a relatively new phenomena) priced more people out of home ownership, forcing them into the rental market, driving up demand, and exacerbating the housing affordability crisis. There is also evidence that in many markets institutional investors are manipulating the market through price fixing. Thus, the sharp increase in housing inflation (which is a big component of the inflation statistics,) can be traced directly back to Trump's policies, even if the true impact of these policies did not become evident until after he had left office.

Your and @maesariang 's analysis of statistics like rates of inflation, housing affordability, homelessness, etc., is flawed as it ignores the fact that there are often considerable lag times between when policies are enacted and when effects of these policies, desired or undesired, are observed. Another good example would be an infrastructure bill passed during one administration not having an observable positive effect on productivity until after the administration has left office.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

I would argue that one of the biggest drivers of housing un-affordability in the US is the entry of institutional investors into the single family housing market, which in my opinion, can be traced directly back to Trump's massive tax cuts for the wealthy. Some of the resulting wealth accumulation flowed into the housing market. Interest rates were artificially suppressed by the Fed during this period resulting in a stock market with abnormally high PE ratios, further making institutional investment in the housing market more attractive. This institutional money in the housing market, (particularly in the single family market which is a relatively new phenomena) priced more people out of home ownership, forcing them into the rental market, driving up demand, and exacerbating the housing affordability crisis. There is also evidence that in many markets institutional investors are manipulating the market through price fixing. Thus, the sharp increase in housing inflation (which is a big component of the inflation statistics,) can be traced directly back to Trump's policies, even if the true impact of these policies did not become evident until after he had left office.

Your and @maesariang 's analysis of statistics like rates of inflation, housing affordability, homelessness, etc., is flawed as it ignores the fact that there are often considerable lag times between when policies are enacted and when effects of these policies, desired or undesired, are observed. Another good example would be an infrastructure bill passed during one administration not having an observable positive effect on productivity until after the administration has left office.

False claims. Policies take effect within 6 to 18 months.

3 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Even California was a better place to live with Trump. Liberalism has completely destroyed that state

Finally we agree on something. I do think that very liberal policies in the California political arena has had a very detrimental effect on the state, there is no doubt about that. However I saw absolutely no difference under Trump, the only real difference I saw was a lot of people dying from covid due to his astonishing ignorance.

And the very near possibility of all the gorgeous parkland being turned into industrial waste sites, through his environmental degradation policies. Fortunately, Biden reversed all that retrograde nonsense on day one. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Finally we agree on something. I do think that very liberal policies in the California political arena has had a very detrimental effect on the state, there is no doubt about that. However I saw absolutely no difference under Trump, the only real difference I saw was a lot of people dying from covid due to his astonishing ignorance.

And the very near possibility of all the gorgeous parkland being turned into industrial waste sites, through his environmental degradation policies. Fortunately, Biden reversed all that retrograde nonsense on day one. 

More died from covid under Biden. A lot more. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You red hats are getting more and more desperate as each day passes. VP Harris could make a statement the "air exists," and you'd accuse her of making it Marxist air.

I remember a time when we actually had cogent conversations on this forum. It's now devolved to a few trolls slinging sh!t at everyone. When Harris takes over and you've all had yourself a good cry, I hope we can get back to discussing actual policies.

Nobody will be discussing anything. There will be WW3

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

You moan about trolls but start with your own unwarranted slur.

Keep your ear to the ground but don't let the stagecoach run you over, Tonto!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

You moan about trolls but start with your own unwarranted slur.

Keep your ear to the ground but don't let the stagecoach run you over, Tonto!

Not a slur nor unwarranted. You red hats' skin is too thin. Things are only going to get worse for you, so toughen up buttercup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

Nobody will be discussing anything. There will be WW3

And THAT'S the entire problem. You red hats behave like spoiled brats who have to have things your way or you'll burn everything to the ground. Grow the EFF up!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/1/2024 at 12:20 PM, maesariang said:

No achievements in 3.5 years.

Just a question from a relative outsider: do you dump your garbage here 24/7? At least it looks like there's not a minute of rest behind it. Take a break!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And THAT'S the entire problem. You red hats behave like spoiled brats who have to have things your way or you'll burn everything to the ground. Grow the EFF up!

Indeed, like those cities in Minnesota and Washington State for Saint Floyd.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1