Pattaya eyes one-way system traffic shake-up to Soi Buakhao

snoop1130

19 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Hasn't this been discussed for the past 10+ years at least. 

same ... same ... every year  ...........  then nothing happens.     TIT.  :clap2:

But it happened recently in Jomtien.

I actually think this WILL happen - and soi Buakhao is crying out to be one-way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, J Branche said:

What is going to happen when Soi Buakhao is 1 way with people who have been drinking?  Yes 2 way traffic and you will still have to be on high alert walking down the side of the road.

Kinda normal for one ways to be 2 ways for some motorbikes, as long as cars don't do it regularly it will work fine

Their only other choice is to expand the road by redeveloping the entire area, and that will likely kill off the entirety of the area for "what it's famous for", but would likely result in less destructive flooding, etc. Since right now it's basically pavement on top of what was a dirt path 100 years ago, no real engineering ever went into it. 

Given anyone's aversity to killing off active economic zones it's going to be the one way band aid for the next few years until it turns into a flooded parking lot, again, and they really have no choice. 

Edited by Aviatorhi

20 hours ago, CallumWK said:

I think the majority observe it on Soi Dianna Inn and Soi Honey, but in fact the motorbikes are not the biggest issue.

It are cars and baht buses that create the mayhem

I haven't seen Soi Diana Inn and Soi Honey since they became one-way but there are /were very few baht buses on either, as they're not on the "circuit". Certainly cars and trucks use(d) them.

Bukhau, OTOH, is a different story.

17 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I liked it when the baht buses were banned, smooth traffic flow, what happened to the ban? 

Making it one way will interfere with my daily cruise up and down, it's medicinal.

Can't wait for Jomtien Beach road to become 2 way again, it's also interfering with my health, a nice ride along the beach then back onto that awful, dangerous 2nd road. 

Are they going back to 2 way in Jomtien?  I was hoping they would keep it one way with the baht buses doing the loop.  It makes more sense now with lots of new condos in that area.

Edited by shdmn

Last week I hailed a motorcycle taxi at the 2nd road end of Diana outside Kiss restaurant, to return to my hotel near Bongkot.

The driver went straight up Diana against the 1 way instead of using Honey.

Anyone who thinks that a 1 way on Buakhao will be any different clearly doesn't understand how Thais operate.

• 2 weeks later...

One way for Soi Buakhao is probably the only viable solution since no one seems to care or has the ability to control the double parking which (in my opinion) is a root cause (among other things) causing the chaos.  These City Officials talk a good story but in reality, are nothing more than bobble heads talking jibber jabber.  Don't tell me what you can do, show me what you can do!  Up till now you've only proved that you are good BS artists. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2024 at 10:22 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Kinda normal for one ways to be 2 ways for some motorbikes, as long as cars don't do it regularly it will work fine

Talking about flooding in Soi Buakhao, going back to the year 2003 I met my wife to be and we rented a condo style place in Soi Buakhao 13 , the same motor bike shop is still on the corner. Soi Buakhao was being constructed from Soi Chayaphum to South Road prior to this it was a dirt road. Anyway me being a plumber I used to look at the road construction and the drainage. The main underground drains were full of water and it was the dry season. Maybe 3-4 months later the drains were still full with green scum on top of the water. Obviously the newly constructed drainage was falling the wrong way.