Recommendations for IVF clinic in Thailand?

MarkyM3

Asking for a female friend. She's a UK citizen of Chinese descent presently living back in China, 38yo and unmarried. She has damaged fallopian tubes I think so can't conceive naturally. 

Quality of treatment is #1 consideration of course but a rough idea of what a reasonable cost might be would be great too. 

Many thanks! 

Edited by MarkyM3

"1. Do I need to be married in order to undergo fertility treatment in Thailand? 

"Yes, Thai law requires couples to be legally married in order to undergo IUI and/or IVF/ICSI. You will need to present your marriage certificate at the hospital.

"However, ovarian stimulation and some fertility medication treatments are permitted without being married."

https://www.bumrungrad.com/faqs-for-fertility-treatment#LEGALQ1

• Like 1

Hi There,  

My wife had an ectopic pregnancy and had both fallopian tubes removed.  

We used Nawabutr clinic in Bangkok and I could not give them a higher recommendation.  Their service was exceptional.  We were treated like family.

We now have a 12 year old son and we owe our thanks to this clinic.  

I recall the total cost being around 350k THB but it is different depending on what needs to be done, and that was 13 years ago.

nawabutr.com

Good luck to your friend.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

"1. Do I need to be married in order to undergo fertility treatment in Thailand? 

"Yes, Thai law requires couples to be legally married in order to undergo IUI and/or IVF/ICSI. You will need to present your marriage certificate at the hospital.

"However, ovarian stimulation and some fertility medication treatments are permitted without being married."

My wife and I were NOT married when we had our son via IVF at Nawabutr.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, action said:
9 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Expand  

My wife and I were NOT married when we had our son via IVF at Nawabutr.  

That law was introduced due to some controversy at the time surrounding surrogacy.

The usual knee jerk reaction to a social media storm, with legislation which was pretty much ignored by many (all?) fertility clinics & facilities offering surrogacy & fertility treatments. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The usual knee jerk reaction to a social media storm, with legislation which was pretty much ignored by many (all?) fertility clinics & facilities offering surrogacy & fertility treatments. 

Jetanin definitely does require a marriage certificate.