Tory Councillor’s Wife Pleads Guilty to Racial Hate Post Remanded in Custody

Social Media

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

Skipped maths class?

There are between first generation and third generation. 

If this was a maths issue, you might have point. But given that it's about the English language and James105's misuse of it, I'm beginning to wonder about your immigrant status.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Here's the Oxford English dictionary definition of immigrant:  

a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

"he's a recent immigrant to the US from Germany"

https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+of+immigrant&oq=definition+of+immigrant&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCDU4OTZqMGo0qAIBsAIB&client=ms-android-samsung-ss&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

So according to you a second generation immigrant is a kind of immigrant who isn't an immigrant. 

Sigh.  It's really not that difficult.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrant_generations

Hint:  Read the bit about "second generation immigrants"

23 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

If born in the UK it makes them British other than by descent - unquestionably British and not an immigrant.

And round and round we go.   He is a child of first generation immigrants so he is a second generation immigrant.   People get their values and moral guidance from their parents.   His parents are unquestionably not British.   You would have a good point if he was the son of Welsh parents but he isn't so you don't.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

This vile extreme rightwing racist is a child minder,  clearly not fit to be left in charge of a cat let alone other people’s children.

I very much look forward to hearing how long she’s put away for.

Banning people from having jobs because of their right wing political beliefs?

That's discrimination. Something you are against. That's double standards 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

Banning people from having jobs because of their right wing political beliefs?

That's discrimination. Something you are against. That's double standards 

Not rightwing political beliefs, extreme rightwing and vile racist beliefs.

There’s a difference and it’s one I have mentioned many times on this forum.

Not all right wingers are racists, as you and a couple of other rightwing members of this forum frequently demonstrate.

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Not rightwing political beliefs, extreme rightwing and vile racist beliefs.

There’s a difference and it’s one I have mentioned many times on this forum.

Not all right wingers are racists, as you and a couple of other rightwing members of this forum frequently demonstrate.

It's still discrimination to suggest she cannot work in a particular career because of her right wing beliefs, however extreme you feel they are.

7 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Double standards and leftism are well acquainted bedfellows.

As 2 tier Britain shows us daily. 

Ah the ‘2 tier Britain’ racist dogwhistle in a thread discussing the conviction of a vile extreme rightwing racist.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It's still discrimination to suggest she cannot work in a particular career because of her right wing beliefs, however extreme you feel they are.

I suggest you try to get over it.

She’s now got a criminal record for ‘race hate crimes’.

Her employment options for the rest of her life are a lot fewer than they were before she vomited her racist filth online.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suggest you try to get over it.

She’s now got a criminal record for ‘race hate crimes’.

Her employment options for the rest of her life are a lot fewer than they were before she vomited her racist filth online.

I've got nothing to get over.

Discrimination of any kind is wrong. Having been a victim of such, I know how it feels.

The fact people chose to discriminate, as you do, is something I've learned to expect.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, youreavinalaff said:

I've got nothing to get over.

Discrimination of any kind is wrong. Having been a victim of such, I know how it feels.

The fact people chose to discriminate, as you do, is something I've learned to expect.

I absolutely do discriminate against extreme right wingers convicted of vile racist calls to burn hotels full of human beings.

You got me there, well done.

• Sad 1

Just now, youreavinalaff said:

You actually just discriminate against people with right wing views.

That simply not true.

I have in multiple occasions recognized your own, and other rightwing members’, very positive anti racist posts on this forum. I have argued such positive anti racist views demonstrate decency and that racist and hate mongering are not ‘characteristics’ of the right wing.

So no, I do not only discriminate against ‘rightwing views’.

I absolutely do discriminate against racists, on that you have got me banged to rights.

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That simply not true.

I have in multiple occasions recognized your own, and other rightwing members’, very positive anti racist posts on this forum. I have argued such positive anti racist views demonstrate decency and that racist and hate mongering are not ‘characteristics’ of the right wing.

So no, I do not only discriminate against ‘rightwing views’.

I absolutely do discriminate against racists, on that you have got me banged to rights.

I'm not right wing. 

Your suggestion I am, speaks volumes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Social Media said:

Connolly’s case highlights the growing issue of hate speech on social media and the legal system’s efforts to address incitement to racial hatred. The outcome of her sentencing could set a precedent for how the courts handle similar offenses in the future, reinforcing the message that online hate speech intended to incite violence will not be tolerated.

Perhaps what she said was bad but really was it bad enough to get convicted of a crime? Self expression and freedom of speech are some of the most basic rights we have. So what if the government did not like it and other twitter members. People are supposed to understand when someone else does not feel or think the same as other people. I sure am glad i do not live there. 

Just now, thesetat2013 said:

Perhaps what she said was bad but really was it bad enough to get convicted of a crime? Self expression and freedom of speech are some of the most basic rights we have. So what if the government did not like it and other twitter members. People are supposed to understand when someone else does not feel or think the same as other people. I sure am glad i do not live there. 

What she said was in clear breach of hate speech laws.

• Thumbs Up 1

I once got s ban on one platform for saying Nicola Sturgeon should be marched outside and shot. Did I mean it really to happen ? Course not. It's like saying I could really murder my ex wife.

This woman's post was a post in frustration and should have been dealt as such.

Of course if she said this whilst outside the migrant hotel carrying a can of petrol, an oil rag and a lighter, then I would have given her more than just a talking to.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

A rather dumb non sequitur, given my clear statements in this thread.

But I give you full marks for putting effort into it.

I'm not right wing. 

Your suggestion I am, speaks volumes.

Your posting history speaks otherwise.

Hoist on your own petard? I could accuse you of being left wing but I wouldn't because I respect other people's opinions, even if I disagree with them.

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Where do you live where they have the freedom of speech where you can encourage others to set buildings on fire and potentially kill all those inside, burning them alive ?

Its never been a basic right in the UK to encourage arson and mass murder  , that isn't what freedom of speech is all about .

Freedom of speech doesn't allow you to encourage others to commit murder 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Nick Carter icp said:

Where do you live where they have the freedom of speech where you can encourage others to set buildings on fire and potentially kill all those inside, burning them alive ?

Its never been a basic right in the UK to encourage arson and mass murder  , that isn't what freedom of speech is all about .

Freedom of speech doesn't allow you to encourage others to commit murder 

Umm... this was a racial hate comment. It did not say anything about encouraging people to commit violence. 

4 hours ago, James105 said:

Sigh.  It's really not that difficult.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigrant_generations

Hint:  Read the bit about "second generation immigrants"

I did as you suggested and looked it up. It turns out you're right, that there is such a term as "second generation immigrants".

But as the article notes

"The term second-generation immigrant attracts criticism due to it being an oxymoron. Namely, critics say, a "second-generation immigrant" is not an immigrant, since being "second-generation" means that the person is born in the country and the person's parents are the immigrants in question. Generation labeling immigrants is further complicated by the fact that immigrant generations may not correspond to the genealogical generations of a family."

So while there is such a term as "second generation immigrant" it doesn't mean "immigrant."

Still, you were right that such a term exists and I was wrong.

• Agree 1