Arrest Warrant Issued for Indian Man For Assaulting 14-Year-Old Girl

webfact

image.jpeg

Police in Nong Prue have issued an arrest warrant for an elderly Indian man accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl, resulting in her pregnancy, and compelling her to undergo an abortion.

The tragic events were reported by a 34-year-old woman, known pseudonymously as Ms. Iw, who accompanied her daughter to Nong Prue Police Station on August 27 to file a criminal complaint. According to the report, an elderly Indian man had assaulted her daughter, leading to her pregnancy.

The man then allegedly forced them to terminate the pregnancy at a Bangkok clinic by using financial pressure. Despite desperate pleas to keep the baby, clinic staff responded harshly, causing significant trauma to the family.

Police Colonel Tawee Kutkaelang, Chief of Nong Prue Police Station, confirmed on September 3 that the Pattaya Provincial Court issued an arrest warrant on September 2, 2024, for Mr. Karamveer Singh, 60, an Indian national.

The warrant, No. 473/2567, charges Singh with raping a minor under the age of 15, regardless of the girl's consent and without being married to her.

Investigation teams have been mobilised to gather evidence and track down the suspect. Colonel Tawee emphasised the police's commitment to resolving the case, stating that the officers are working diligently to ensure justice is served.

Initially, the victim’s family feared their lack of financial resources would prevent them from receiving justice against a wealthy foreign national. Their concerns were alleviated by the proactive steps taken by the police.

Picture courtesy: Daily News

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-04

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The warrant, No. 473/2567, charges Singh with raping a minor under the age of 15, regardless of the girl's consent and without being married to her.

regardless of the above ridiculous statement which seems to suggest it's ok if ................

this indian man is a predator and should be locked up but of course the family would likely settle for a financial injection

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Thailand does attract these types.

Some even openly discuss it on this forum.

Looks like you where the one talking most about them as well.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, proton said:

He's right, I have seen somebody boast about meeting their wife when she was 14 and he was in his 30's, another one who got his step daughter pregnant about the same age then brought the child up as his wife's child. I don't intend to spend hours trying to find examples but know what I have read. Some of it got deleted. I am not referring to the above post.

So, why did you comment if not referring?

21 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Gee we are defensive today.

Makes me suspicious to be honest. 

These are the sorts of foreigners that give us all a bad name unfortunately.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Police Colonel Tawee Kutkaelang, Chief of Nong Prue Police Station, confirmed on September 3 that the Pattaya Provincial Court issued an arrest warrant on September 2, 2023, for Mr. Karamveer Singh, 60, an Indian national.

Is the year a typo ?

4 hours ago, proton said:

He's right, I have seen somebody boast about meeting their wife when she was 14 and he was in his 30's, another one who got his step daughter pregnant about the same age then brought the child up as his wife's child

They really are mentally twisted doing it and then actually boasting about it. 

5 hours ago, MalcolmB said:

Thailand does attract these types.

Some even openly discuss it on this forum.

Bizzare statement. You must be a member of a secret part of the forum as I've been a reader of Thai visa for nearly 20 years and never seen this. What I have seen is people leaving comments. This is very sad and disgusting. I have lived in a village for many years and ive seen similar. Young girls married to men of all ages at 14/15/16 with no raised eyebrows in the village except mine. I've even heard of a guy who was pimping out his underage daughter then threatening to go to the police unless he was paid. Young girls still get sold to karaoke bars etc. There is a very dark side to Thailand that cateres mostly for Thai males. Note this is not. discussion but simply stating facts and observations. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmB said:

Suspicious of those who deny it happens, play it down or attack the messenger. 

I don´t deny it happens. Where have i done that?

I was just referring to your comment about that some on the forum talk about it. Are they talking about assault and rape of minors?

There might be a few that have married very young girls. If so, it must have been with consent of the parents. In that case marriage in Thailand is possible at the age of 14, but can not be legally registered until later age. So, as they have not been accused or gone to jail, then we must assume they had both the girls and her parents approval.

In other words you are wrong again, and have nothing more to talk about here.

If doing such is morally right or wrong, is another thing that can be discussed. In my mind it´s definitely wrong and off limits. However, it is not assault or rape of a minor in Thailand. What laws you or me have in our home countries are not relevant.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sherwood said:

It's people like you that cause unrest.

Give it a rest fella.

It is not something that should be swept under the table.

5 hours ago, proton said:

He's right, I have seen somebody boast about meeting their wife when she was 14 and he was in his 30's, another one who got his step daughter pregnant about the same age then brought the child up as his wife's child. I don't intend to spend hours trying to find examples but know what I have read. Some of it got deleted.

7 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

In that case marriage in Thailand is possible at the age of 14, but can not be legally registered until later age.

you think that is fine.

I and many others don’t.

So, as they have not been accused or gone to jail, then we must assume they had both the girls and her parents approval.

We must assume? Why must we assume?

They have gone to jail.

There is no Internet in Thai jails, so they were hardly going to post about it on this forum were they.

I am not sure if you are dim or just trying to wind me up with your nonsensical posts.

• Agree 1

I was just referring to your comment about that some on the forum talk about it.

5 hours ago, proton said:

He's right, I have seen somebody boast about meeting their wife when she was 14 and he was in his 30's, another one who got his step daughter pregnant about the same age then brought the child up as his wife's child. I don't intend to spend hours trying to find examples but know what I have read. Some of it got deleted. I am not referring to the above post.

3 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

The report says he did not have the girl's consent, and was not married to her. I can only assume this was a reporting error, the only issue being the fact that she was only 14.

Sex with a 14 year old is rape, they cannot give consent, prison up to 20 years.

2 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

You are not paying attention, I made the post then saw the one above about another poster with an under aged bar girl. I was merely edited it pointing out what I said was not connected to him.