airasia cancellation when can u get a refund back????

Customer service in AirAsia is non-existent. They are the worst. Their whole system is designed to ensure that customers lose money on any changes of schedule or cancellations. I have stopped flying with this company because of this. I work in India quite frequently and now only use Indigo. Who are excellent by comparison.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lavender19 said:

I have had many problems with Air Asia. Try contacting MAVCOM ( Malaysian Aviation Commission )It worked for me.

hi there, i got the same advice from some other here and i did that 2 days ago and they actually replied my email requesting proof of documents that i have contacted the airline, ticket no, payment invoice, etc

how look did it take for u to get ur monies back after reaching out to em?

airasia cancellation when can u get a refund back?

If you look hard enough at the fine print regarding refunds you are bound to find phrases like "cold, dead hands" and "hell freezes over."

Edited by bendejo
  • Haha 1

I experienced exactly the same with Air Asia Indonesia some years ago. The payments were drafted from my credit card, then website crash, and no ticket.

In both cases I was not successful to get the money back from Air Asia. No communication was possible with their on-line bot, and in the second case second time it even was unsuccessful when I later went to an office of Air Asia on Jakarta airport. Useless efforts.

I only could get back the payment by contacting my credit card bank in Europe and reporting this as scam.

Finally, in both cases I received back the money from my credit card bank. However they told me that this depended on the goodwill of Air Asia, as I was the one who pressed the "PAY" button on the website.

Since this time, I stopped using Air Asia, despite before having up to 50 flights per year with them.

25 minutes ago, Flying Saucage said:

I experienced exactly the same with Air Asia Indonesia some years ago. The payments were drafted from my credit card, then website crash, and no ticket.

In both cases I was not successful to get the money back from Air Asia. No communication was possible with their on-line bot, and in the second case second time it even was unsuccessful when I later went to an office of Air Asia on Jakarta airport. Useless efforts.

I only could get back the payment by contacting my credit card bank in Europe and reporting this as scam.

Finally, in both cases I received back the money from my credit card bank. However they told me that this depended on the goodwill of Air Asia, as I was the one who pressed the "PAY" button on the website.

Since this time, I stopped using Air Asia, despite before having up to 50 flights per year with them.

I would consider cancelling your credit card and going with another bank/issuer. How else were you supposed to use their card online other than by pressing the 'PAY' button? 100% wasn't your fault!

4 hours ago, villageidiotY2K said:

hi there, i got the same advice from some other here and i did that 2 days ago and they actually replied my email requesting proof of documents that i have contacted the airline, ticket no, payment invoice, etc

how look did it take for u to get ur monies back after reaching out to em?

It can take up to 7 days. 

• Thanks 1

Had an issue with Thai Airways couple of years ago, they cancelled the flight, so took the option for a refund. After couple of months; no monies, tried phoning,  but  RTNR (Ring Tone No Reply), so as up in Bangkok took a visit to their office. Met a fantastic Customer Services Agent who spoke to Refunds, also gave me their ex-directory e-mail to keep in contact, money returned in a week.

Not saying you should nip over to KL, but sometimes the old fashioned face-to-face customer service is best.

• Agree 1

Don't worry, your funds are safe with your bank. The transaction was declined due to a technical issue.

The bank will typically reflect the funds back to your account within a short time. If you're concerned about the delay, you can contact your bank directly and reference the declined transaction.

If you're using a Thai credit card, they should be able to expedite the refund process, often completing it within 24 hours.

Facebook, Twitter, Tiktok and Line - among others - are your hashtag friends.

Works wonders but make sure, that you remain non-emotional and that you can prove each and every letter you write and Bob's your uncle! Daily updates on the entire front of social media and, if nothing happened since last posting, then hashtag "not happened again". Cheeky queries like (anyone still alive at their end etc.) helps to build up readership! 

Good luck!