Tim Walz: The Unexpected Strength Behind Harris’s VP Pick

Social Media

1 minute ago, proton said:

How about explaining how tampons work in mens bathrooms, one of Tims policies :tongue:

Still harping on loony Trump's wild de-bunked claim. Waltz didn't order Minnesota schools to put tampons in boy's bathrooms and Miinesota schools have came out to state that they don't provide tampons in boys'bathroom. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, stoner said:

it is a simple question. why the deflection. why not engage and talk with the other poster. na its easier to go with but but but trump. 

these are the kinds of comments that make me reply.

Maybe I misunderstood his question. I said to you why I think it's reasonable for Kamala not to go on the show. Thaibeachlovers said what if it was Trump instead of her. I said he'd have no issue as they love him very much. It was Mr Thaibeachlovers who made me mention Trump.

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Maybe I misunderstood his question. I said to you why I think it's reasonable for Kamala not to go on the show. Thaibeachlovers said what if it was Trump instead of her. I said he'd have no issue as they love him very much. It was Mr Thaibeachlovers who made me mention Trump.

My initial point was supposed to be provoking. It's not an x files conspiracy theory to say that hey ...what if she went on fox. considering so many on the left here claim it's all fake news and lies. 

Ironically it's Trump who went on the opposing network for a debate. Something she is yet to commit to. 

Why not do something like that and face the storm head on...if you're as strong as is being promoted.....it should be a cake walk for her. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, stoner said:

My initial point was supposed to be provoking. It's not an x files conspiracy theory to say that hey ...what if she went on fox. considering so many on the left here claim it's all fake news and lies. 

Ironically it's Trump who went on the opposing network for a debate. Something she is yet to commit to. 

Why not do something like that and face the storm head on...if you're as strong as is being promoted.....it should be a cake walk for her. 

I hear you and that's why I mentioned Buttigieg who has successfully taken Fox News on - Bill Maher often mentions more should do the same. Many here will disagree but I think what many called the left wing media go out of their way to be fair in things like debates and interviews - I don't think many said CNN weren't fair in the last debate. 

As you know shows like the 5, breakfast show, and the various pundits,  aren't the same as the general news part of the channel - I personally don't think they deserve her on the show as they are simply appalling in their conduct and one sidedness. But by all means she could do an interview with Brett Baier or similar. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, stoner said:

i would not like to live as you do carrying all that hate inside. the point is to challenge her from the opposite side. something that clearly hits home to people like you.

please point to my posts where i post negative about kamala. just another stupid post by your kind with no basis in reality. as i said in my OP i totally expected these kinds of replies from the hateful 8.

its all you guys have. 

Hate? No, just want these people who wish to take the USA back to the 1800's to lose badly in the coming election so we can bring the USA forward to the 2020's where the rest of the G7 have been living. You know, social democracy, or as you and your buddies would characterize it "communism". 

Posts where you were negative about Kamala? Okay, sure! You do understand that there's a function that allows us to search by poster, right? This literally took me all of ten seconds.

In regard to the article about her doing an interview with Dana Bash you replied with:

"probably one of the biggest mistakes in US political history.....and they were doing so well with the bait and switch. 

10 bucks says it is pre recorded and heavily edited." You then posted "yes 100's of millions in organic donations to the lowest rated VP is US history....kinds of numbers."

So was that positive about Kamala? Or are you going to pretend you were talking about someone else?

You specifically asked me to point to posts of yours where you posted negatively about Kamala Harris, and I managed it in 10 seconds. So are you going to drop the pretense finally? It's okay to join the Right-Wing trolls, what's wrong with them that you are trying so hard to disassociate yourself even when you intensely dislike the Democrat ticket? You're no stoner, you're too wound up and too much of a liar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JCauto said:

She will - there's a debate on 10 September. Be patient! You'll get your chance to see her right up close and personal and next to Felonious. Can't wait.

Should Trump go on Cenk Uygur's show? Of course he shouldn't, Cenk would tear him to pieces and it would be a setup. 

Well, the debate is at the safe confines of ABC news, whose director is a former Clinton staffer and surrounded by friendly faces.  But God forbid she talk to someone like Bret Baer or Britt Hume... those radicals... 

I would say Trump should do Cenk's show, why not?  Not exactly the equivalent of appearing on Fox for Her Kamalousness, though.  More like Kamala with Matt Walsh. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Hate? No, just want these people who wish to take the USA back to the 1800's to lose badly in the coming election so we can bring the USA forward to the 2020's where the rest of the G7 have been living. You know, social democracy, or as you and your buddies would characterize it "communism". 

Posts where you were negative about Kamala? Okay, sure! You do understand that there's a function that allows us to search by poster, right? This literally took me all of ten seconds.

In regard to the article about her doing an interview with Dana Bash you replied with:

"probably one of the biggest mistakes in US political history.....and they were doing so well with the bait and switch. 

10 bucks says it is pre recorded and heavily edited." You then posted "yes 100's of millions in organic donations to the lowest rated VP is US history....kinds of numbers."

So was that positive about Kamala? Or are you going to pretend you were talking about someone else?

You specifically asked me to point to posts of yours where you posted negatively about Kamala Harris, and I managed it in 10 seconds. So are you going to drop the pretense finally? It's okay to join the Right-Wing trolls, what's wrong with them that you are trying so hard to disassociate yourself even when you intensely dislike the Democrat ticket? You're no stoner, you're too wound up and too much of a liar.

You view those as negative. Others may view it otherwise. Because of your political leanings you view them as negative. 

You know what they say about opinions right. 

I dislike Democrats for their hypocrisy. Clear enough fir you?

Go back to hating now.... you're kind are horrible. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I hear you and that's why I mentioned Buttigieg who has successfully taken Fox News on - Bill Maher often mentions more should do the same. Many here will disagree but I think what many called the left wing media go out of their way to be fair in things like debates and interviews - I don't think many said CNN weren't fair in the last debate. 

As you know shows like the 5, breakfast show, and the various pundits,  aren't the same as the general news part of the channel - I personally don't think they deserve her on the show as they are simply appalling in their conduct and one sidedness. But by all means she could do an interview with Brett Baier or similar. 

You forgot the view. Very influential and horrible people as well as some of the others you mention. 

8 hours ago, proton said:

Stolen valor is just spitting on the graves of real heroes, lowest of the low, and he's one of them. He pathetically said it was down to bad grammar, does not even have the courage to admit what he claimed was a bare faced lie.

Walz has not gone around for years saying he was in war. He said it wrong ONE time. And yes I agree he misspoke. If you change his word "for" war instead of "in" war he is totally correct. Walz never used a teleprompter before being named Harris' VP candidate. He speaks without notes and makes a slip of one word and the Right says it's stolen valor. Shame on them. Here's the clip. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mazungu said:

Walz has not gone around for years saying he was in war. He said it wrong ONE time. And yes I agree he misspoke. If you change his word "for" war instead of "in" war he is totally correct. Walz never used a teleprompter before being named Harris' VP candidate. He speaks without notes and makes a slip of one word and the Right says it's stolen valor. Shame on them. Here's the clip. 

He said it more than once and the word is LIED not misspoked, he's a disgrace.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, proton said:

Here we go again, Yahoo the propaganda arm of the Democratic party, Goebbels would have been impressed.

Are you claiming that his nephew said nothing of the sort? That yahoo misreported the story? Got any evidence to back that up? Or is this just another Pavlovian response to information that displeases you?

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, proton said:

He said it more than once and the word is LIED not misspoked, he's a disgrace.

I only know the one instance that he said it. That was in 2018 which is the clip I posted. Prove me wrong and show your source where he said it multiple times. I could be wrong or you could by lying. 

5 hours ago, stoner said:

I dislike Democrats for their hypocrisy. Clear enough fir you?

Go back to hating now.... you're kind are horrible. 

Okay, so just generalized dislike for progressives, which you perceive as being hypocritical. For reasons you haven't explained or provided examples of, but never mind, separate discussion.

Like your hypocrisy in pretending your posts weren't saying negative things about Kamala?

5 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Well, the debate is at the safe confines of ABC news, whose director is a former Clinton staffer and surrounded by friendly faces.  But God forbid she talk to someone like Bret Baer or Britt Hume... those radicals... 

I would say Trump should do Cenk's show, why not?  Not exactly the equivalent of appearing on Fox for Her Kamalousness, though.  More like Kamala with Matt Walsh. 

Trump probably should seeing as he's free-falling, but doubt he would. Kamala and the  Dems are playing it smart, keeping the message and contrast consistent, presenting positive and young as a contest to the old and cranky DJT.

When you've got the lead, you play conservatively in most sports, like politics. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, stoner said:

You forgot the view. Very influential and horrible people as well as some of the others you mention. 

I have never watched much of the View - I don't think it's in my channels when in Australia or here. What I have seen I found to be a reasonable discussion - people saying what they felt - I got a bit bored and didn't concur with all they said but they seemed like reasonable people. To me shows like the 5 seems horribly manufactured - I doubt the sincerity of some of them and if they are sincere then they are not nice people. No problem if Republican or Democrat - it's about how you go about making the case in my opinion. 

16 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Okay, so just generalized dislike for progressives, which you perceive as being hypocritical. For reasons you haven't explained or provided examples of, but never mind, separate discussion.

Like your hypocrisy in pretending your posts weren't saying negative things about Kamala?

Ok extreme left person. 

2 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I have never watched much of the View - I don't think it's in my channels when in Australia or here. What I have seen I found to be a reasonable discussion - people saying what they felt - I got a bit bored and didn't concur with all they said but they seemed like reasonable people. To me shows like the 5 seems horribly manufactured - I doubt the sincerity of some of them and if they are sincere then they are not nice people. No problem if Republican or Democrat - it's about how you go about making the case in my opinion. 

The 5 the view and there's are ratings whores.

28 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Oh dear, are you having a stroke? Perhaps you may need to cut down a bit.

no sorry extreme left person. it was a simple typo. 

Edited by stoner

5 minutes ago, stoner said:

no sorry extreme left person. it was a simple typo. 

That's a relief. Don't know if we'd be able to carry on the highbrow debate without your cogent observations. However, don't ignore those early warning signs! One should always take care of one's physical and mental health first rather than sacrifice it for some absurd charade of pretending to be just a Centrist commenting on US politics.

4 minutes ago, JCauto said:

That's a relief. Don't know if we'd be able to carry on the highbrow debate without your cogent observations. However, don't ignore those early warning signs! One should always take care of one's physical and mental health first rather than sacrifice it for some absurd charade of pretending to be just a Centrist commenting on US politics.

boring. why don't you tell me more of what i think now. willing to bet i am younger and healthier than you are mister. 

ps...also i am not a centrist either. as i have repeated over and over ad nauseum on here. i think they are all scum. politicians are just those who were too ugly for hollywood. 

but don't let that stop you from pushing your own narrative on me. 

you wonder why people have such disdain for the extreme left. liberals most people can get along with. but the extreme left. smh.

Edited by stoner

15 minutes ago, stoner said:

boring. why don't you tell me more of what i think now. willing to bet i am younger and healthier than you are mister. 

ps...also i am not a centrist either. as i have repeated over and over ad nauseum on here. i think they are all scum. politicians are just those who were too ugly for hollywood. 

but don't let that stop you from pushing your own narrative on me. 

you wonder why people have such disdain for the extreme left. liberals most people can get along with. but the extreme left. smh.

Aww jcato I think you hurt his feelings lol 😂 but reading his post it seems to me he’s saying he has no hard and fast ideas on any issues but he certainly likes to fling stones so to speak,to me that’s a tr@@l ehh?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

That's kind of nihilist

yes because in the last 20 years things have been on the up and up for people on a general basis in america. schools and infrastructure have been declining for a long time. with promise after promise all that time. while they all (for the most part) become millionaires either through the govt or after with connections made. 

4 minutes ago, JCauto said:

That means an emphasis on health care, education, infrastructure and progressive taxation. I pay my taxes and don't oppose them being raised for the greater good of the society I live in. 

health care in america is a disaster and has been for a long time. the new programs have done very little to ACTUALLY solve the issue. do you still live in america ? 

on a brighter note......let me know i could give you some pointers on your swing to maximize your potential. even at your age it's possible to launch huge drives. 

3 minutes ago, Tug said:

Aww jcato I think you hurt his feelings lol 😂 but reading his post it seems to me he’s saying he has no hard and fast ideas on any issues but he certainly likes to fling stones so to speak,to me that’s a tr@@l ehh?

i do have ideas tug. just rather not share them with most of you. i am not from the same generation as a lot of members here. hence the stark difference. most of the older members here are so out of touch. that includes both right and left. 

1 minute ago, stoner said:

yes because in the last 20 years things have been on the up and up for people on a general basis in america. schools and infrastructure have been declining for a long time. with promise after promise all that time. while they all (for the most part) become millionaires either through the govt or after with connections made. 

health care in america is a disaster and has been for a long time. the new programs have done very little to ACTUALLY solve the issue. do you still live in america ? 

on a brighter note......let me know i could give you some pointers on your swing to maximize your potential. even at your age it's possible to launch huge drives. 

There you go, there are always possibilities for concurrence. Completely agree that the USA has been most remiss in their management on both sides of the aisle. Ultimately I trace this back to the Reagan revolution, a time when I was living in the USA. Slashing the taxes to starve the government of revenue has been very effective for the GOP, but not so great from a nation-building point of view. America still spends more on health care per capita than all the other G8 countries, but has the worst health outcomes. This is because, in my opinion, health care and education are best left to government to manage rather than the private sector. There's a fundamental contradiction to health care that runs directly counter to capitalist principles and practice, hence why every other social democracy chooses government-run universal health care and thereby achieve better outcomes at a lower cost. 

On education, I actually much prefer the US university system to my own in Canada, but I am very grateful I grew up where the public education through high school was great so that I could take advantage of it. There's room for private sector solutions to many things but it's pretty clear that public health ain't one.

Thanks for the golf pointer offer - I am still hitting the ball very far even after my hip replacement. Problem is where I keep hitting the ball very far, tends to be woody or wet.

1 minute ago, JCauto said:

Thanks for the golf pointer offer - I am still hitting the ball very far even after my hip replacement. Problem is where I keep hitting the ball very far, tends to be woody or wet.

just think of how much further you could hit if you were in the fairway. i can solve that issue for you. or we could just have a long drive contest.  you win and i will tattoo trump to my forehead. 

our canadian taxes are not comparable to american though. 

1 hour ago, stoner said:

just think of how much further you could hit if you were in the fairway. i can solve that issue for you. or we could just have a long drive contest.  you win and i will tattoo trump to my forehead. 

our canadian taxes are not comparable to american though. 

If you can solve my directional issues off the tee, then you're a miracle worker. Would enjoy hearing your ideas and I'd always give it a go on the off-chance it works. Heading to Scotland soon for some links golf so better get it under control fast or ill be catching up with ol' Uncle Fescue soon enough.