Free movie streaming sites

BillStrangeOgre

Indeed, it seems like the more popular ones are disappearing fast.

I used fmovies and tinyzonetv for a few years but recently they have gone down, i then started with flixflare but that also went down shortly after. I then found cinezone but that also got taken down !!

Now on sflix.to and is working well but for how long ??

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Indeed, it seems like the more popular ones are disappearing fast.

I used fmovies and tinyzonetv for a few years but recently they have gone down, i then started with flixflare but that also went down shortly after. I then found cinezone but that also got taken down !!

Now on sflix.to and is working well but for how long ??

Cheers will tryout sflix 😉

The industry is desperate, and they are doing their best to insure the few earning options remain viable. And the FBI is their lapdog. They would rather bust someone for a download, or offering free streaming, or having sex with a 16 year old, than find mass murderers, or serial rapists. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The industry is desperate, and they are doing their best to insure the few earning options remain viable. And the FBI is their lapdog. They would rather bust someone for a download, or offering free streaming, or having sex with a 16 year old, than find mass murderers, or serial rapists. 

With about 35K agents and support staff, I'm sure they can cover all the areas you mention.  Some employees will have talents that are good in one area and less so in others.  It's best to have agents work in the section best matching their skills.

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A flight of fantasy. Do you know anyone who has been 'busted for a download'?

Taking down the huge piracy operation in Vietnam behind f-movies is not 'busting someone for a download'.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps you would think differently if the pirates were stealing from your pocket. 

I could post a link here that would illustrate the huge scale of theft. In some cases they are a useful resource. In others, it just undermines the economy.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

With about 35K agents and support staff, I'm sure they can cover all the areas you mention.  Some employees will have talents that are good in one area and less so in others.  It's best to have agents work in the section best matching their skills.

I get that. But I think often law enforcement can be overzealous in all the wrong areas, leading to less public safety, not more. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Perhaps you would think differently if the pirates were stealing from your pocket. 

I could post a link here that would illustrate the huge scale of theft. In some cases they are a useful resource. In others, it just undermines the economy.

Perhaps you are right, I've had friends in the music industry over the years and many of them found it very offensive if I mention anything about downloading music. But I've never considered downloads to be a reasonable crime, nor is it anything that bothers me morally and ethically on any level. 

Just now, spidermike007 said:

I get that. But I think often law enforcement can be overzealous in all the wrong areas, leading to less public safety, not more. 

But it was the Vietnamese authorities that shut them down. What does public safety have to do with this?

• Confused 1

Just now, spidermike007 said:

Perhaps you are right, I've had friends in the music industry over the years and many of them found it very offensive if I mention anything about downloading music. But I've never considered downloads to be a reasonable crime, nor is it anything that bothers me morally and ethically on any level. 

That's what I meant. You don't care until it's something that affects you personally. I cannot say much, as I too download music. 

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, NowNow said:

A flight of fantasy. Do you know anyone who has been 'busted for a download'?

Taking down the huge piracy operation in Vietnam behind f-movies is not 'busting someone for a download'.

Not true. Consumers are being pursued by the Feds, within the US for this. Not sure any other countries are ignorant or zealous enough to pursue this. 

Penalties to be applied in cases of criminal copyright infringement (i.e., violations of 17 U.S.C. § 506(a)), are set forth at 18 U.S.C. § 2319. Congress has increased these penalties substantially in recent years, and has broadened the scope of behaviors to which they can apply. Statutory penalties are found at 18 U.S.C. § 2319. A defendant, convicted for the first time of violating 17 U.S.C. § 506(a) by the unauthorized reproduction or distribution, during any 180-day period, of at least 10 copies or phono records, or 1 or more copyrighted works, with a retail value of more than $2,500 can be imprisoned for up to 5 years and fined up to $250,000, or both. 18 U.S.C. §§ 2319(b), 3571(b)(3).

https://its.fsu.edu/about-its/it-policies/illegal-downloading-copyrighted-songs-and-movies

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, NowNow said:

But it was the Vietnamese authorities that shut them down. What does public safety have to do with this?

When authorities focus their time, efforts and resources on piracy, with limited manpower, they are diverting their investigations away from things of far more importance. 

It is only because of pressure and lobbying from the studios that this kind of legal action takes place. 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Money is now made from live performances, not record sales.

• Agree 1

A great deal of video, especially older TV shows and movies, has been available on the Internet Archive. Just a few days ago, however, a court case upheld publishers' demands that the archive remove books from its content. IA says they are a lending library. And they do only allow people to check out books on a limited basis and only in limited numbers. They operated like a public library, which should mean that those are in legal trouble as well if this court decision stands. Anyway, check out IA for films and TV shows that are still available.

Edited by John Drake
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Money is now made from live performances, not record sales.

Well I agree that live performances are much more profitable, but there is significant money that's being made through streaming of channels like Netflix, Prime, Hulu and other networks, and there's also quite a bit of money that's being made from pay-per-view.

Hence the pressure on law enforcement to keep up the prosecutions, and continue shutting down the streaming sites. 

Edited by spidermike007
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

But I've never considered downloads to be a reasonable crime, nor is it anything that bothers me morally and ethically on any level. 

Over the decades, I've bought the same titles over and over. First, on Beta, then on VHS, then on laserdisc, then on DVD. No more. I've paid enough. Not paying streamers or anybody else anymore.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Not true. Consumers are being pursued by the Feds, within the US for this. Not sure any other countries are ignorant or zealous enough to pursue this. 

Penalties to be applied in cases of criminal copyright infringement (i.e., violations of 17 U.S.C. § 506(a)), are set forth at 18 U.S.C. § 2319. Congress has increased these penalties substantially in recent years, and has broadened the scope of behaviors to which they can apply. Statutory penalties are found at 18 U.S.C. § 2319. A defendant, convicted for the first time of violating 17 U.S.C. § 506(a) by the unauthorized reproduction or distribution, during any 180-day period, of at least 10 copies or phono records, or 1 or more copyrighted works, with a retail value of more than $2,500 can be imprisoned for up to 5 years and fined up to $250,000, or both. 18 U.S.C. §§ 2319(b), 3571(b)(3).

https://its.fsu.edu/about-its/it-policies/illegal-downloading-copyrighted-songs-and-movies

Note the wording: Illegal downloading and file sharing. It's the uploaders they want to discourage.

Do you know anyone who has been prosecuted for downloading? Anyone? It's usually with regard to distribution. People who download might get a 'cease and desist' letter via their ISP.

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

When authorities focus their time, efforts and resources on piracy, with limited manpower, they are diverting their investigations away from things of far more importance. 

It is only because of pressure and lobbying from the studios that this kind of legal action takes place. 

Why should it not take place? Far more importance? Billions of US$ of losses aren't important to you? I'm sure if it were your place that was robbed, but no one attended, giving the excuse that they were busy with rapists and murderers, you'd be singing from a different hymn sheet.

Don't be a hypocrite. Just be happy that you were able to enjoy it whilst it lasted.

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Right you are. They won't even pursue the assassination conspiracy that almost murdered Trump or the massive and treasonous corruption of the Biden crime family. But if somebody reports the presence of a piece of rope hanging from a garage door used to open and shut it but says it is a "noose," a busload of agents are immediately dispatched to the scene.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NowNow said:

Why should it not take place? Far more importance? Billions of US$ of losses aren't important to you? I'm sure if it were your place that was robbed, but no one attended, giving the excuse that they were busy with rapists and murderers, you'd be singing from a different hymn sheet.

Don't be a hypocrite. Just be happy that you were able to enjoy it whilst it lasted.

Well I'm happy that I continue to enjoy it as I download on a daily basis, and when one site goes down another one seems to pop up. The authorities seem to have a very, very hard time keeping these sites shut down for long, thankfully. And here in Thailand there seems to be no enforcement of downloads by the authorities.

I have no qualms whatsoever about downloading this content for free, I've paid for my entire life and those days are over. Guilt does not work with me. I stopped doing guilt when I was 13 years old, thankfully. 

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Over the decades, I've bought the same titles over and over. First, on Beta, then on VHS, then on laserdisc, then on DVD. No more. I've paid enough. Not paying streamers or anybody else anymore.

Same here but no BetaMax or LaserDisc! My favourite films that I downloaded were in the days when people compressed DVD's down to CD size (DivX/Xvid). Quality was good enough on a CRT TV. Still got them but never view.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DougieMax said:

Right you are. They won't even pursue the assassination conspiracy that almost murdered Trump or the massive and treasonous corruption of the Biden crime family. But if somebody reports the presence of a piece of rope hanging from a garage door used to open and shut it but says it is a "noose," a busload of agents are immediately dispatched to the scene.

F Movies, Vietnam. You need to get over your obsession with US politics to the point wherein you need to mention it in a totally unrelated thread.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Well I'm happy that I continue to enjoy it as I download on a daily basis, and when one site goes down another one seems to pop up. The authorities seem to have a very, very hard time keeping these sites shut down for long, thankfully. And here in Thailand there seems to be no enforcement of downloads by the authorities.

I have no qualms whatsoever about downloading this content for free, I've paid for my entire life and those days are over. Guilt does not work with me. I stopped doing guilt when I was 13 years old, thankfully. 

Nobody mentioned guilt. I mentioned hypocrite. I too occasionally download this and that, but you won't see me posting nonsense with regard to law enforcement on top of it.

Just enjoy it whilst it lasts...quietly 😊

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, NowNow said:

F Movies, Vietnam. You need to get over your obsession with US politics to the point wherein you need to mention it in a totally unrelated thread.

A more careful reading on your part would reveal that I was responding to a statement made by someone else as opposed to initiating. So I would suggest to you that you be a little less hair triggered at something that hints of criticism of liberal politics which, as you put it, "You need to get over your obsession ... ."

• Agree 1