Can you defend yourself?

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

Indeed.... the last time I went for a swim I had the urge to rewrite the ending of Wuthering heights !

... Damn lucky I had a tactical pen with me...   

Your need to be smarmy is not necessary. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Gobbler said:
6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You go swimming with 'tactical pens' just in case ????  

You put insurance on your car "just in case." The same goes for health insurance. Yes, I carry them just in case.  

I carry a 'rescue tool / knife' in the car - its to cut the seatbelts and smash the window if necessary etc... 

I think I'm going to start carrying a machete when I next go for a swim...  just incase !   

... Apologies for being facetious - but the idea of carrying a 'tactical pen' on my when I go for a dip in the pool seems utterly ridiculous.. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Gobbler said:

What people write here tells a lot about themselves.  You're projecting.

No projection at all, just curious as  to the concealment of not one but two tactial pens when going to a public pool... I assume you are wearing bathers and not a tactical vest.

• Love It 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

I carry a 'rescue tool / knife' in the car - its to cut the seatbelts and smash the window if necessary etc... 

I think I'm going to start carrying a machete when I next go for a swim...  just incase !   

... Apologies for being facetious - but the idea of carrying a 'tactical pen' on my when I go for a dip in the pool seems utterly ridiculous.. 

And I can show you 30,000b worth of damage to my x wife when she was attacked. 

Just now, Ralf001 said:

No projection at all, just curious as  to the concealment of not one but two tactial pens when going to a public pool... I assume you are wearing bathers and not a tactical vest.

That's the first logical thing you have written. They have a clip, which easily tucks inside my swim trunks. 

2 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

I was going to give you a link to Lazada so you can choose which one to buy, but none of you are deserving. 

I have one, thanks.

A 5.11 Kubaton that I purchased at BKKTactical.

3 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

Your need to be smarmy is not necessary. 

You are getting confused between ridicule and smarm.

I'm not being smarmy with you, I am ridiculing the idea of taking a 'tactical pen' swimming... just in case...   I never once, for a second thought someone would seriously suggest such an idea... 

....  I bet you don't do push-ups...  you just push the earth down !... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

And I can show you 30,000b worth of damage to my x wife when she was attacked. 

Attacked by whom ? where ??  - in a pool without a tactical pen ?

Was it a situation that could otherwise have been avoided ?

For example: I wouldn't be walking down Pattaya Beach Road a night etc though one ex was on the receiving end of a glass getting thrown across the room when a fight broke out...    its a shame she didn't have her tactical umbrella with her... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Attacked by whom ? where ??  - in a pool without a tactical pen ?

Was it a situation that could otherwise have been avoided ?

For example: I wouldn't be walking down Pattaya Beach Road a night etc though one ex was on the receiving end of a glass getting thrown across the room when a fight broke out...    its a shame she didn't have her tactical umbrella with her... 

The Thai woman absconded to Ireland with her family.  There is a court case waiting for her. 

She attacked my condo. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You are getting confused between ridicule and smarm.

I'm not being smarmy with you, I am ridiculing the idea of taking a 'tactical pen' swimming... just in case...   I never once, for a second thought someone would seriously suggest such an idea... 

....  I bet you don't do push-ups...  you just push the earth down !... 

Just in case? It came in handy when the American showed off for his wife. 

You bore me.  You are not educated.  I don't talk to people who aren't at my level. I'll ignore you now. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

That's the first logical thing you have written. They have a clip, which easily tucks inside my swim trunks. 

10 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I have one, thanks.

A 5.11 Kubaton that I purchased at BKKTactical.

Hope you guys don't cross each other. Could be a nasty pen fight. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

The Thai woman absconded to Ireland with her family.  There is a court case waiting for her. 

She attacked my condo. 

She attacked your condo ??... Did the condo not have a tactical pen with which it could fight back ?

1 minute ago, Gobbler said:

Just in case? It came in handy when the American showed off for his wife. 

You bore me.  You are not educated.  I don't talk to people who aren't at my level. I'll ignore you now. 

I think your comments highlight quite clearly where we both sit in the 'educated pecking order' !!!

I agree - we aren't at the same level...      you are scary...  have you given 'death a near Gobbler experience' yet ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Hope you guys don't cross each other. Could be a nasty pen fight. 

The pen is mightier than the sword !!.... but I prefer razor blades... Am thinking of grabbing a provoke knife though,they look handy.

• Confused 2

Living here I feel pretty safe although I use to pack a 9mm, under my motorbike seat, thinking twice I remove it and replace it with a short 6 inch blade under a panel on the bike. 

Today all that is gone my key is my deadly weapon my demeanor is always be aware I never carry more than what I can lose. I never give anyone a dirty look or get upset I dont look for trouble.

Once a year I go home to the States S.F.the day I arrive my cousin hands me the only one left to my name 9mm, I take public transportation everyehere. :sorry:

You never know,  just like the football rooKie Ricky Persawl? Goes into town wearing his rolex 17 year old boy shot him in the chest. This is what happens when you got K. Harris Mayor and Prosectors running the zoo.

Edited by thailand49
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gobbler said:

It's also better than being permanently disabled. This is a choice you have to make in a split second. 

I was attacked at my condo by another American.  He and his family were Airbnb. He eavesdropped on a conversation I had on my watch in the pool.  He was at least 100 pounds more than me, and made a big show. 

In a split second, he jumped into the pool and approached me.  I was holding two tactical pens under the water line. 

• No witnesses - his wife
  • No CCTV cameras
  • 8 PM - few around.

So what do I do? I could have turned that area of the pool bloody. He was all blunder and bull*#*# until he turned to walk away, and then he spit in my face. 

Liberal Antifa type. 

I did nothing. 

I'm sure he went back to America with his wife and kid and his black clothing and resumed his Antifa crap. 

Omg 😮 

Any reason why you two hot into an argument 

On 9/6/2024 at 9:29 PM, georgegeorgia said:

Do you train or practice though?

He go to the free outdoor gym, shake the heavy bag there  3 times, smiles and says he is sorry, finds the knuckle cruster in his pocket, and bang hit the bag several times

On 9/6/2024 at 7:41 PM, lanng khao said:

Straight away my right hand goes up to apologize saying its my fault sorry,, as I'm saying this my left slips into my pocket and right into my diamond encrusted knuckle duster, goes everywhere with me, even wear it in the bath, 

As im shaking your hand for the 3rd time, Bang,, ive hit you with a left hook breaking your jaw...

Edited by Hummin

6 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Living here I feel pretty safe although I use to pack a 9mm, under my motorbike seat, thinking twice I remove it and replace it with a short 6 inch blade under a panel on the bike. 

Today all that is gone my key is my deadly weapon my demeanor is always be aware I never carry more than what I can lose. I never give anyone a dirty look or get upset I dont look for trouble.

Once a year I go home to the States S.F.the day I arrive my cousin hands me the only one left to my name 9mm, I take public transportation everyehere. :sorry:

You never know,  just like the football rooKie Ricky Persawl? Goes into town wearing his rolex 17 year old boy shot him in the chest. This is what happens when you got K. Harris Mayor and Prosectors running the zoo.

You sound like a people pleaser 

A submissive type guy letting people push in front of you in lines 

And I found this new word today so please don't quote me on it....but you sound very "aquisensence" 

Edited by georgegeorgia

9 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

The guys just a bit of a crackpot.  He tries to make out that all foreigners are bad and all Thais are wonderful.

He comments on a public forum, then if anyone replies to him, he starts to get angry that people are "getting involved".  As if his comments exist in some kind of vacuum, whatever he says is fact, and anyone who disagrees is winding him up.

That's why I found it particularly ironic that he would give another user a dressing down for behaving a lot like him.

Oh leave him alone and stop bullying him 

Last time I heard you were flicking his ears on the school bus and spat in his lunch box 

Oh those were days at school bullying other kids 🤣

I remember one kid we used to call fatty boomsticks 

• Confused 2

On 9/6/2024 at 1:55 PM, Jeff Reinstad said:

The problem with defending yourself in public interactions is that usually the person attacking you has nothing to lose, while you have everything to lose.

Some random loser in a bar or on the street picks a screaming match with you. He might be overstaying his visa, has just enough money to pay rent for the next week, has no job or career, and if he’s Thai, he could be earning just 250 Baht a day.

Meanwhile, you’ve built your entire life. Saving for retirement, making investments, pursuing education, advancing your career, and sending your kids to an expensive school. If he gets arrested, it doesn’t matter to him. If you get arrested, you could lose everything.

So usually you keep your head down and walk away, makes you look like a 🐈 in front of everybody. Because you’re not willing to risk losing everything over of some loser.

---

Defending yourself in a life-or-death situation is, of course, different, but I think there is only a small chance of getting into such a situation.

Exactly. I used to tell my students, walking away is far less expensive in time and money than drawing your CCW and sending another scumbag to the great beyond.

• Thumbs Up 1