Dick Cheney Will Also Vote For Harris

RSD1

17 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Sure there were those but I'm thinking more of people like John Bolton. If he learned his lesson and gets elected first thing he needs to do is fire everyone and replace them with loyalists. I don't think he's radical enough to do that but that's what he's hinting. Maybe almost getting his head blown off changed his mind but time will tell.

I am not sure what you mean by loyalists. Xi and Putin are examples of rulers who only get told what they want to hear. IMO Trump has the same inclinations.

Early on, Trump said Mexico would pay for the wall. Any competent adviser in foreign policy would have told him that's never going to happen.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

I am not sure what you mean by loyalists. Xi and Putin are examples of rulers who only get told what they want to hear. IMO Trump has the same inclinations.

Trump is entering enemy territory if he gets back in. The political class in America which lives around D.C. are something 80%+ Democrats and the rest are Republican Bush and Cheney types which hate him. In order to be effective he needs to first clear out as much as the existing bureaucrats as possible and replace them with MAGA people.

If I was him I would start my first day firing as many Democrats/lefties as possible and replacing them with literally anyone that has a public record of being a Trump supporter. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Very well stated. Thanks for that. I couldn't agree more. Vance is as close as you could come to an empty suit, and dead weight as possible. Trump deserves him. 

If Vance can get more white blue-collar people to come out and vote that would be a win for him but I don't know if Vance does that anymore than Trump himself. Trump is doing the typical Republican strategy of trying to attract more blacks (platinum plan, bringing our rappers etc...), which will fail as usual and in the process alienating working class whites where there's far bigger gains to be made.

8 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

If Vance can get more white blue-collar people to come out and vote that would be a win for him but I don't know if Vance does that anymore than Trump himself. Trump is doing the typical Republican strategy of trying to attract more blacks (platinum plan, bringing our rappers etc...), which will fail as usual and in the process alienating working class whites where there's far bigger gains to be made.

Vance is a godsend to the democrats. A one-man campaign sh*t-show and wrecking ball all wrapped into one. He is the gift that the democrats never even knew they needed or wanted until he showed up, together with all of his nostalgic cross-dressing photos from his college years. Just imagine that guy as president one day. The US would never even survive the first onslaught of memes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

Trump is entering enemy territory if he gets back in. The political class in America which lives around D.C. are something 80%+ Democrats and the rest are Republican Bush and Cheney types which hate him. In order to be effective he needs to first clear out as much as the existing bureaucrats as possible and replace them with MAGA people.

If I was him I would start my first day firing as many Democrats/lefties as possible and replacing them with literally anyone that has a public record of being a Trump supporter. 

That sounds to me very like tossing the baby out with the bathwater.

It's a matter of record MAGA people are lower socio-economic class, with an average IQ 3-4 points less than the national average.

In Australia, we have had a succession of conservative governments who think it's a good idea to save money by defunding trade schools.

The end result - we have a national shortage of electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc.

Personally, I'd prefer any bureaucracy to be run by smart people.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That sounds to me very like tossing the baby out with the bathwater.

It's a matter of record MAGA people are lower socio-economic class, with an average IQ 3-4 points less than the national average.

In Australia, we have had a succession of conservative governments who think it's a good idea to save money by defunding trade schools.

The end result - we have a national shortage of electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc.

Personally, I'd prefer any bureaucracy to be run by smart people.

Like Albanese ? :cheesy:

17 hours ago, maesariang said:

Amazing. I supported Keary.

That would be Kerry then. I also supported him, but the Swiftboat thing sank him, and very unfairly as well. The GOP propaganda was just too good for him.

At least he served, unlike Bush who pretended to be a warrior with his BS landing on a carrier to pronounce the Iraq war won, which was of course more Bush BS.

DICK Cheney shot his friend in the face with a shotgun. 

Dick Cheney also ran the 9/11 bunker with sole responsibility for what gets shot down.  Who shoots is always left to the pilot doing reconnaissance.

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

He doesn't. He is dead weight.

Voters across the nation seem less passionate about Vance as a vice president candidate. Polling from NPR, PBS and Marist College found that Vance has a 33 percent disapproval rating – a drop from 28 percent when he was first made Trump’s running mate.

FiveThirtyEight, which compiles polling from across the nation and creates an average, puts Vance at a 40.6 percent unfavorable rating, 

Walz will present his Republican counterpart, JD Vance, with a gratifyingly large problem. 

TS_Cat_T2.jpg