Are you "all in" in your relationship?

sidjameson

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Depending on how long you have lived overseas, you may no longer receive free NHS treatment.

I was refused the last time that I was back in the UK.

Sorry about that. At what point of contact were you denied treatment? i.e. No longer registered with your GP, outpatient's appointment at your local hospital or 'walk-in' centre? I was abroad for six year's but remained registered with my GP. The check-in machine for outpatients appointments at my hospital asks the question; 'Have you been resident in the UK for the previous six months?'. Having said that, due to personal experiences, I would only use UK NHS if I was unable to afford treatment in Thailand.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Too many guys let their wife handle the finances.  Very weak, lazy, and stupid approach a man in my opinion should know what is going on.

I would always keep a stash of money out of site and knowledge of a wife. An emergency fund so to speak just incase. Never ever touch it until "you need it for you".

Agree, even if that fund is also for her or other small family issues, it is still best they don't know of it or think there is very little for such incidents. Else they will start deciding for you what can be done with the money and it usually ends up being zero soon.

There is also no issue to do make up the paperwork in case you die and still give it to the girlfriend or wife.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

17 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Sorry about that. At what point of contact were you denied treatment? i.e. No longer registered with your GP, outpatient's appointment at your local hospital or 'walk-in' centre? I was abroad for six year's but remained registered with my GP. The check-in machine for outpatients appointments at my hospital asks the question; 'Have you been resident in the UK for the previous six months?'. Having said that, due to personal experiences, I would only use UK NHS if I was unable to afford treatment in Thailand.

Emergency care is free, if you are stupid enough to tell them you left they will not refuse treatment, they will change you for it. Having said that the NHS is in such a state you would have a long wait for treatment free or not, it can take weeks to get a GP appointment.

15 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Years ago, neighbour in England was a guy in his 50's and married. Own house, business and savings. Wife got sick, he gave up work, employed carers and ended up selling business and house. When she died he was penniless, in rented and living just off the state pension.

He really was "till death do us part '

How much of your wealth would you spend on your wife?

None.....she can have it 'all' once I'm gone.....not a satang before.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, proton said:

Emergency care is free, if you are stupid enough to tell them you left they will not refuse treatment, they will change you for it. Having said that the NHS is in such a state you would have a long wait for treatment free or not, it can take weeks to get a GP appointment.

I was at the point of being removed from my GP's panel. They had made several appointments at my local hospital for preventative medicine tests during my six years absence. Of course, I was unaware. When I failed to keep those appointments my GP rearranged them, more than once. There were letters behind my front door from both GP and hospital complaining and asking what I had against the principle of preventative medicine? Upon my last visit I saw a medical student at my GP's practice who had to keep leaving the room to ask questions. He/they decided upon a full blood count test (4 tubes). As the results were within the parameters of the analysis machine that was the end of the matter (or as far as they were prepared to go).

15 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There is no easy answer to this.

Another situation would be that I get sick, and my gf takes care of me. How much of my own money would I spent to live a little longer, and how much money would I leave her?

I.e. would I spend 10,000 USD to live a month longer? And another 10k for another month?

I think it all depends on the circumstances. Is there still fun in my life? Is there hope of recovery?

I guess at some stage I wound think there is no point for living a little longer with lots of pain.

But then, I never was in that situation, so I don't know.

That’s got to be the most profound thing I’ve heard today. Although I haven’t left the toilet yet from my morning movement so that will most definitely change. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

My girlfriend is an idiot. She flip flops between great and caring then she’s totally unreasonable. Like my nearly 7 stepson has said to me out of the blue 6months ago “ if I die would you still stay in the village ? “ I answered “ yes , who will look after the dogs ?” 

So the latest with her is I’ve been away 3 months and have come back with two weeks of my Hols too take. I’ve been here 7 days today and a holiday break it has not been between the days of jet lag and then getting the new females post 1st season neutered I’ve had no time to rest and do nothing. 

She will do nothing I ask. I told her the most important thing is to not let the young dogs who came into season get pregnant. When the most loveliest and shy one got fixed at the vets yesterday ,3300baht and a week of tablets to give morning and night, she was found to have 11 embryos in her, that would have been testing.  

She is a most dysfunctional person but like a lot of relationships you let things slide until so many things revolving around the relationship make it hard to walk away, the 10 dogs the 7 year old and the items money and time have been spent on like the gardens trees, motorcycles, tools, AC the lithium back up power system etc. 

she’s a hoarder. Man four years ago I cleared out the house and rear of house in a big clean up. I placed everything of questionable motive for retention on the front of the property, partly to show others what I was living with. Broken toys and old electronics. Bags of years old shoes. Sacks of sacks and empty cardboard boxes, everything harboured ants and not to mention the scorpions and possible snakes underneath everything. It was quite a mess. So I dumped it all in a long pile for inspection and started taking the rest to the landfill in the woods by Saleng bike and sidecar. That was her not talking to me for 1 weeks. ( just went of this IPhones’ Safari Tab for a second to do something in another app and all written text till now was gone but then a message appeared saying the text has been recovered so hopefully that’s a new addition to the website AN I’ve lost so many nearly finished gems over time 🙁

She seems to have inherited early a rubber farm from her dad as he has become a monk in his final years and her sister who used to do it appears to have a cronic issue with her internals that makes her condition flare so she  is busy with that but everything else I want doing takes second billing such as taking the dogs to get neutered which has stolen a week of my holiday and could easily have been done  before I got here. She’s a mess. As is the house  which is hers. Early on I realised I’m not building anything as she doesn’t look after it. I’ve resigned myself to the situation as me and the little one Dang are great together and his English is burgeoning even though I’ve been away 3 months he picks it up off YouTube videos. I’d been banging on about him going to the good school in town that one or two of his friends have started at but the enrolment came and went and he’s still in the primary school where the teachers cannot speak English. That would have helped his English while I cannot spend lots of time with him but it wasn’t convenient for her life. I’m not a big believer in school being the be all and end all of a child though and if he is happy with the village school I can live with that for now. I left school with zero and didn’t attend the exams and have done ok with what little intelligence I have while I meet contemporaries with low to mid level success who must at one time proudly told people of there fantastic grades.

Oh and she smokes. The only woman I’ve seen smoke in nearly six years of being in Isaan. There must be thousands of cigarette end discarded in the garden and around the land the house sits on. 

IMG_2338.jpeg

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, sidjameson said:

Years ago, neighbour in England was a guy in his 50's and married. Own house, business and savings. Wife got sick, he gave up work, employed carers and ended up selling business and house. When she died he was penniless, in rented and living just off the state pension.

He really was "till death do us part '

Cool story Hansel !

3 minutes ago, Stevey said:

My girlfriend is an idiot. She flip flops between great and caring then she’s totally unreasonable. Like my nearly 7 stepson has said to me out of the blue 6months ago “ if I die would you still stay in the village ? “ I answered “ yes , who will look after the dogs ?” 

So the latest with her is I’ve been away 3 months and have come back with two weeks of my Hols too take. I’ve been here 7 days today and a holiday break it has not been between the days of jet lag and then getting the new females post 1st season neutered I’ve had no time to rest and do nothing. 

She will do nothing I ask. I told her the most important thing is to not let the young dogs who came into season get pregnant. When the most loveliest and shy one got fixed at the vets yesterday ,3300baht and a week of tablets to give morning and night, she was found to have 11 embryos in her, that would have been testing.  

She is a most dysfunctional person but like a lot of relationships you let things slide until so many things revolving around the relationship make it hard to walk away, the 10 dogs the 7 year old and the items money and time have been spent on like the gardens trees, motorcycles, tools, AC the lithium back up power system etc. 

she’s a hoarder. Man four years ago I cleared out the house and rear of house in a big clean up. I placed everything of questionable motive for retention on the front of the property, partly to show others what I was living with. Broken toys and old electronics. Bags of years old shoes. Sacks of sacks and empty cardboard boxes, everything harboured ants and not to mention the scorpions and possible snakes underneath everything. It was quite a mess. So I dumped it all in a long pile for inspection and started taking the rest to the landfill in the woods by Saleng bike and sidecar. That was her not talking to me for 1 weeks. ( just went of this IPhones’ Safari Tab for a second to do something in another app and all written text till now was gone but then a message appeared saying the text has been recovered so hopefully that’s a new addition to the website AN I’ve lost so many nearly finished gems over time 🙁

She seems to have inherited early a rubber farm from her dad as he has become a monk in his final years and her sister who used to do it appears to have a cronic issue with her internals that makes her condition flare so she  is busy with that but everything else I want doing takes second billing such as taking the dogs to get neutered which has stolen a week of my holiday and could easily have been done  before I got here. She’s a mess. As is the house  which is hers. Early on I realised I’m not building anything as she doesn’t look after it. I’ve resigned myself to the situation as me and the little one Dang are great together and his English is burgeoning even though I’ve been away 3 months he picks it up off YouTube videos. I’d been banging on about him going to the good school in town that one or two of his friends have started at but the enrolment came and went and he’s still in the primary school where the teachers cannot speak English. That would have helped his English while I cannot spend lots of time with him but it wasn’t convenient for her life. I’m not a big believer in school being the be all and end all of a child though and if he is happy with the village school I can live with that for now. I left school with zero and didn’t attend the exams and have done ok with what little intelligence I have while I meet contemporaries with low to mid level success who must at one time proudly told people of there fantastic grades.

Oh and she smokes. The only woman I’ve seen smoke in nearly six years of being in Isaan. There must be thousands of cigarette end discarded in the garden and around the land the house sits on. 

IMG_2338.jpeg

OMG.....If your wife is Yin mine is Yang........feel for you.

12 hours ago, proton said:

Thats about all any of them are worth, why spoil them, they only waste it. Love and romance? give me a break. After 20 years I don't want to be alone when old and she does want to be penniless. 

What a sad person and a loser you are. What comes out of a marriage  is what both people put into it. You only seem to put as little money into it as you can.

• Thumbs Up 1

You need to find the one who tell you she will live with u in penthouse or under the bridge, or one who will ride with u in Mercedes or in some crappy old car, like it's no matter to her. U need one who never ask you a penny and if you give her she asks why u gave her each time. Then you know it's real love and not business.

2 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Why does it take 1 week to take a dog to get chopped ?

Got here Sat knackered until Tues then appointments started Wed,Thurs&Fri. Then take them home after I wait for hours.  Can’t just walk into a vets in a small town and they’ll perform a 2 hours Op plus prep and clean down. People moan about the price but 3500baht is a snip. One in this photo , Woof Woof , had 11 embryos so lucky we weren’t lumbered with them. 

IMG_2342.jpeg

1 minute ago, Stevey said:

Got here Sat knackered until Tues then appointments started Wed,Thurs&Fri. Then take them home after I wait for hours.  Can’t just walk into a vets in a small town and they’ll perform a 2 hours Op plus prep and clean down. People moan about the price but 3500baht is a snip. One in this photo , Woof Woof , had 11 embryos so lucky we weren’t lumbered with them. 

Such a burden.... sorry to hear you have to take care your pets.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Hope there's a few parents out there (if alive) that would disown their children if hearing or reading some of the things I read.   Or not, and that could be the problem also.

Oh! That reminds me ! My dad disowned me a couple of years ago. Luckily my Mom wrestled everything off him leaving him with nothing. He started on the Thailand thing at 50 shortly after. He retired to Thailand at 70 , I think, after working that 20 years to build the house in ThaYang Petchaburi near Cha-am and get all his ducks in a row. He retires and has a heart attack and get his dream to have the lion share of his saving vacuumed out of his account by Bangkok hospital Ltd. Quite fitting as he would never shut up about how Thai doctors were the best in the world and Thailand was the best at fluorescent lighting displays etc. so with the 1.5Mill gone that was the proceeds of half his Moms Estate he shared with his brother, he ventured on with retirement. Then previously being relatively fit and strong if you consider the Horoscope guy Russell Grant to be fit. He was now on a Zimmer. His missus was always  with very little English , stupid , and liked to get tanked up and cause an argument. Eventually he packed his bags and left her the mansion a truck and a car and his prized 200CC chopper , it wasn’t a chopper but we humoured him, nice Chopper dad. 

I think it was 2023 and his retirement extension was due. In a moment of clarity even though he had survived the Covid of 2020,21,22&23 he decided that to put himself in the local immigrations good books he would  get ‘ his 1st Covid shot ‘ !!!!! Great idea !!! So when eventually fled back to Blighty not needing the extension he got a form of Lymph cancer totally by coincidence. Now back in 2 rooms in Blighty no dogs no truck no Air no view, just great. But as he said “ people moan about the 800,00baht for the Visa but when you have to go home it comes in handy to buy food “ 

yeah so as I say luckily for the kids my mom died with no will so we get her estate divided between us which would if it has been his ended up in the hands of a evil Thai witch.