Thailand's 5-20 Year Visa Now a Bit Cheaper

webfact

They should decrease the upfront cost of the visa and give an option to pay in annual subscription fee based on the current price (i.e. pay over the lifetime of the visa in installments - but allow for significant savings paying for it upfront).  50K baht is not going to give any more people any incentive to do so...  They can lower the price by having core features (i.e. visa + handing yearly admin work for you) - then have addon benefits for those that really want more benefits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Robert Tyrrell said:

Good morning , 🙂

What I'm reading here is a whole lot of nothing !!!! 🙂

Common sense for me anyways !! 🙂 20-25 Minutes from my local Immigration office 🙂 In the third largest City in Thailand 🙂 The Land of Smiles !! 🙂 

Go to Immigration 5 times a year , The longest time spent there to accomplish what is needed to continue legally maximun time 2 hours or less to be Retired in Thailand with my Thai Family 🙂 total annual cost documents cost and 12 month visa about 2,504 Baht per year annual cost 🙂 I'm GOOD !!!! 🙂

Safe and Healthy Wishes to All !! 🙂

What you are telling us is that increases are coming. 

36 minutes ago, mikeymike100 said:

Indeed as are many things in Thailand, they think foreigners are just stupid, many are of course?

They are probably looking at the foreigners from the US - you know the really smart ones, the MAGA folks believing everything Trump says so yeah those foreigners are stupid in the minds of the Thai.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, cedel said:

Why on earth would a wealthy person want to reside in Thailand if his WORLDWIDE income would be taxed more than he managed to do so far? 

Open your eyes, you want more money flow into thai economy, you propose new and easier visa on 1 hand, but on the other hand with the proposals of former PM Sretta of taxing foreigners who stay more than 6 months per year in Thailand you make everyone step back from investing buying properties in Thailand and they will reduce their time to stay less than 6 months per year in Thailand or simply move away, sell their property in Thailand and consider more friendly, more attractive, and less greedy neighbooring countries like Viêtnam, Cambodia and the Philippines that don't have automatic fiscal exchange like CRS from the OECD, or FATCA and will not want to tax foreigners like that ! 

That's without counting that it's still not allowed to buy like almost everywhere in Europe or other continents a real plot of land with the house)(without employing thai nominees in a company to own the Land which is still illegal! although done by hundreds of thousands if not millions of foreigners) and have the same rights on it than locals, plus no social security even if you would pay your taxes in Thailand. add countless reports and paperwork with immigration... and more hassles, time loss and money spent with filing proper tax report paying lawyers/accountant in Thailand as in your home country.. 

I think you can make even free 20 years visa, if you are going into this direction with the taxes, and no advantages for us but only burdens, it's not going to work, that's a fact and logic ! 

Land run by those with short memory/lacking overall coordination.

Today, talking about overtourism. Tomorrow, worrying about not getting enough visitors.

Expelling 180000 migrant workers. Then saying they are  short of manual laborers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I paid this fee and never completed as the DTV was coming. The airport fast track would kinda be nice but not worth $450 a month! They could double or triple the cost of this and it would be worth it if it got tax breaks. 

The security checking for this took weeks and loads of paperwork, DTV took 10 mins to apply for 48 hours to be approved.