Opening bank account with DTV (share your stories)

I'm trying to get EZ savings online account at SCB , to keep 500k at 1.5% rate.
Went to 3 branches on Saturday, their responses:

a) Work Permit required. Don't have one.

b) Original yellow book required, copy will not do. Come back with original.
I've lost original but went to Amphoe and managed to restore it along with pink ID card.

c) 1 Year stamp of stay required, no luck here with DTV.

Went back to branch B on Tuesday right after Amphoe with YB in hand, staff checked my docs said we'll send this to Bangkok office first.
Took copies, I've signed them all, wrote my phone number and email. Wait 1 week they said.

On Friday got call from branch B saying head office has approved my request.
Sunday came back and now they've opened regular savings account and said we'll have to send your docs again for the EZ one (yeah sooooo EZ )
Cause the e-mail from head office said i was allowed (as much as I could read in Thai upside down) to open 1 account only and regular one.
This time the waiting period could be up to 1 month?? wow.

let's see what happens next.
image.png.38d84ace1e376b7e11c49198d5a938de.png

image.png.51987b5e8340750e1b7e06334fe51a37.png

They need to replace the printer's cartridge, quality is awful and tilted(
First page looks like it was dropped on the road and a couple of scooters have driven over it.

Edited by Tim K
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

b) Original yellow book required, copy will not do. Come back with original.
I've lost original but went to Amphoe and managed to restore it along with pink ID card.

So if you had a yellow book and pink ID card why did you not already have a bank account? Seems bizarre.

This is the 2nd DTV holder to get something  usually requiring a long-term visa in last couple of days (other was 5 year licence renewal). Both already had a yellow book and pink ID card so I'm still not convinced you can walk into any branch and open a bank account on DTV like you can on non-imm O. Happy to be wrong though.

Also would be interesting to know what visa these yellow book, pink ID card holders are giving up to switch to a DTV?

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

So if you had a yellow book and pink ID card why did you not already have a bank account? Seems bizarre.

I got accounts at KTB and Krungsri while I was married and back then thought that would be enough.
Times change and one's wishes too.

After divorce got ED visa and tried to open with it in 2022 - no go at SCB, even with book and id, they sent docs to head office and request was rejected.

Same year tried to get Travel Card from KTB and only one! branch at least considered scanning my docs and sending  them to head office - very very useful thing for those who don't have USD cards especially.  Other branches: "nope only for Thais or show your work permit".

Compared to KTB,  Krungsri Boarding Card was super easy - just order one from app if you already have an account.

Edited by Tim K

22 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I got accounts at KTB and Krungsri while I was married and back then thought that would be enough.
Times change and one's wishes too.

After divorce got ED visa and tried to open with it - no go at SCB, even with book and id, they sent docs to head office and request was rejected.

But you still needed DTV, yellow book and Pink ID Card to get this account right? So someone with just DTV would likely not?

(I only needed non-imm O stamp to open mine in Pattaya, which was done on the spot)

Edited by Pattaya57

9 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

I only needed non-imm O stamp to open mine

I remember the battles at both KTB and Krungsri where my wife had to defend my honour) It was not so easy with that Non-O   no n o no )

If you don't have Work Permit they treat you like a rabid dog at least in Phuket.

SCB - Yellow book, DL, DTV.
Didn't have restored pink ID yet. and it was enough.

Edited by Tim K

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I remember the battles at both KTB and Krungsri where my wife had to defend my honour) It was not so easy with that Non-O   no n o no )

I'm also confused with your posts.

Where did you deal with these banks.

Your profile seems to indicate Phuket?  

In Bangkok you would need a COR or non O to open bank account.

28 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Hopefully down the track someone will report opening Thai bank account just with a DTV without yellow book or pink card. 

Bank account is common thread.

Previously a yellow book pink card would perhaps be fine.

Things have changed in recent times.

I've been here for some time with existing bank account.

Subsequently wanted to open FD account with BBL....

No way without certificate of residence (Bangkok) 

Kasikorn opened an account as I had a 12 month extension along with lease.

Of course an agent can assist to open bank account (5k)

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Bank account is common thread.

Previously a yellow book pink card would perhaps be fine.

Things have changed in recent times.

I've been here for some time with existing bank account.

Subsequently wanted to open FD account with BBL....

No way without certificate of residence (Bangkok) 

Kasikorn opened an account as I had a 12 month extension along with lease.

Of course an agent can assist to open bank account (5k)

I got my second KK account ( one KK i had already for my Non o 800K ) with a support letter i asked from   desk 8 at jomtien  11 years ago (cost just a " fee 500 baht)