Thailand issues four major announcements on new visa measures

webfact

10 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

And imagine the line-ups at Immigration when you go to do an Extension or 90 day Report or any other business and they want to see your tax returns first.

It is unlikely they would assess in any way, just demand to see evidence of filing/tax paid i.e. just that you were in the tax system. How long does it take to check if you have aTM30 filed before they issue an extension, you either have it or you don't, and it likely would be the same with tax.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The Ministry of Interior of Thailand has issued four major announcements

How about announcing that the Thai gov't will not be driving the  "Golden Egg" retirees from the country due to trying to

extort I mean tax them on out of country income.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

The world wide income tax will never happen.

"The world wide income tax will never happen" : it certainly cannot be applied to citizens of countries that have a bi-lateral agreement with Thailand to avoid double taxation and tax 1) income in Thailand, in Thailand; 2) income in home country, in home country. In such case, Thailand attempting to tax a foreigner's income in his home country would just be plain illegal. Thailand would have to renegotiate such bi-lateral agreement, and I would not think that would be a quick and easy thing to do (my guess is it would take years).

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, gejohesch said:

"The world wide income tax will never happen" : it certainly cannot be applied to citizens of countries that have a bi-lateral agreement with Thailand to avoid double taxation and tax 1) income in Thailand, in Thailand; 2) income in home country, in home country. In such case, Thailand attempting to tax a foreigner's income in his home country would just be plain illegal. Thailand would have to renegotiate such bi-lateral agreement, and I would not think that would be a quick and easy thing to do (my guess is it would take years).

And what if they tax anyway and let you go through the court process to have the Thai tax cancelled ?...

They can also ask to file a tax return, calculate the Thai tax amount and deduct what you pay abroad.. From my calculation even with all deductions (elderly people bonus etc..,) thai tax is higher than tax I pay abroad.. difference for me would be quite huge..

Have a good day

2 hours ago, NemoH said:

I wonder who will now want a DTV when Thailand will start taxing their world wide income ..

🤣🤣lured in by DTV.. but soon will form the first batch of foreigners to be taxed in Thailand on all their world wide income 🤣🤣🤣 under new Thai laws… 

Not if they stay less than 180 days in a calender year, problem solved.

• Agree 1

So much panic over nothing.

Who is eligible to benefit from a double tax agreement? The double tax agreement will be applied to individuals and juristic persons of a signatory state to the agreement.   To be entitled to the benefits of a double tax treaty benefits and be classified as a Thai resident, the person must satisfy the following:

i. An individual who stays in Thailand for at least 180 days in a tax year

ii. A company registered in Thailand with the Ministry of Commerce 

Thailand has concluded 61 double tax agreements with countries worldwide.

Armenia Hungary Poland
Australia India Romania
Austria Indonesia Russia
Bahrain Israel Seychelles
Bangladesh Italy Singapore
Belarus Japan Slovenia
Belgium Korea South Africa
Bulgaria Kuwait Spain
Cambodia Laos Sri Lanka
Canada Luxembourg Sweden
Chile Malaysia Switzerland
China Mauritius Taipei