Pattaya’s raunchy nightlife is still expanding

webfact

29 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

For Freddy's Sake - does this guy even know where Walking Street is ?

I think he does.

He is one of the Big Wig farangs in Pattaya Town. Honory counsel of Pattaya, used to run the show at immigration.

He even wrote the Pattaya book. 

He was high up in the police force also.

Nobody knows more about Pattaya than Barry.

IMG_3353.jpeg

Edited by MalcolmB

18 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Not sure how the new one will occupy Soi Diamond, the old one is on Soi Diamond which was always mostly empty, but empty doesn't seem an issue in Pattaya

And the very large GGBs look even emptier and always struggled in recent times..... usually they have an upstairs area that is never opened. 

The number of western expats, especially retirees, has dropped thanks to repatriation or liver disease.

That sounds like something stickman would write, being the sexpat hating hack that he is.

Edited by shdmn

19 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Those places are still making too much money and the people making that money have no interest in seeing Pattaya's image change (too much). And they wield a lot of influence.

A full account of Pattaya's recent history.  You stopped short of suggesting the police have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo.

On 9/15/2024 at 11:14 PM, MalcolmB said:

I think he does.

He is one of the Big Wig farangs in Pattaya Town. Honory counsel of Pattaya, used to run the show at immigration.

He even wrote the Pattaya book. 

He was high up in the police force also.

Nobody knows more about Pattaya than Barry.

IMG_3353.jpeg

What is it to know about Pattaya that hasn't been already discussed on this board and various Pattaya boards over the last 20 years??

Furthermore, YouTube has more videos and vlogs on Pattaya than pretty much any city on Earth at the moment. 

While I'm sure Barry is knowledgeable about Pattaya bureaucracy and politics and such, anyone who has travelled extensively or reside in Pattaya is mostly likely attune with its occurrences. 

7 hours ago, BayArea said:

While I'm sure Barry is knowledgeable about Pattaya bureaucracy and politics and such, anyone who has travelled extensively or reside in Pattaya is mostly likely attune with its occurrences. 

He does come across as having a few more IQ points than the average foreign Pattaya resident, and pens a good article. 

• Agree 1