Wise receipts + Thai bank receipts as proof of monthly transfers (retirement visa)

My monthly Wise transfers to my Kasikorn bank show as local transfers no matter what I do. Has anyone had luck showing both the Wise transfer receipts together with the Thai bank receipts (Kasikorn in my case) to an immigration officer as proof of the monthly $65k coming from abroad? I tried this a year ago and was shot down. However, things might have changed and also my bank statement was quite complicated back then. Now, the only incoming money to my Kasikorn account is the single monthly transfers using Wise and just a few out so an easy read for the officer. I will also get the credit advise from Kasikorn.

One member here did mention this method as being accepted in some places and I reached out to him but have yet to hear back.

Thanks folks!

On your printed statement, not the bank book, what do your Wise transfers show as?  Mine show as "Trade Finance Deposit" on an English statement but show as "ธุรกรรมต่างประเทศ" on a Thai version = "Foreign Transaction".  And it makes no difference what reason I use for the transfer, they all show the same.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

My monthly Wise transfers to my Kasikorn bank show as local transfers no matter what I do.

I just responded to your post in a revived older thread.
Becomes a bit chaotic.
Hope you read there.
Will not repeat the whole stuff.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

On your printed statement, not the bank book, what do your Wise transfers show as?  Mine show as "Trade Finance Deposit" on an English statement but show as "ธุรกรรมต่างประเทศ" on a Thai version = "Foreign Transaction".  And it makes no difference what reason I use for the transfer, they all show the same.

I pointed that out in the other thread.

• Like 1

Do you have internet banking with Kasikorn?
Go there and order statements for download in Thai language and see what they show.
Otherwise you have to go to the branch and order statements on the spot for 200 Baht.

The problem might be - depending on your situation - that statements are issued no more than one year back.

Don't know whether you can get back longer for cost and potential waiting time.

For immigration I would take care to get statements from the branch with stamps and signature.

Edited by KhunBENQ
and
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's how an entry in the statement for a foreign transfer at KBank looks like.
Both marked in red say foreign transfer/money.

kbankforeign.jpg.63f554deec10206c2369d1ccb74a9552.jpg

I will check it, thanks for the idea. I do have K bank internet banking though I had forgotten it! However, the Wise receipt says funds delivered via "Local Bank Transfer." Hope springs eternal.

For the record, immigration hopefully will update their list of accepted documents to mirror the times we live in. Times where Wise receipts should be good enough. That's my 2 cents.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's how an entry in the statement for a foreign transfer at KBank looks like.
Both marked in red say foreign/abroad transfer/money transaction.

kbankforeign.jpg.63f554deec10206c2369d1ccb74a9552.jpg

Holy moly!!!!!! Yes yes yes it DOES say that on mine. You have helped me immensely and relieved a lot of stress. Now, onward to immigration with this. You have my appreciation!

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 2.31.56 PM.png

10 minutes ago, bamboozled said:

Thanks Norbra! I will contact Kbank to get the credit advice. For the date of that, it doesn't have to be the same day you are applying for the visa, correct? Silly question and I would assume no but....immi knows no bounds.

I have read where others have been able to get Credit advice receipts from K bank International/Trade  Finance branches for older transactions 

• Like 1