Portfolio Tracking

4 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

What do you use for free portfolio tracking of equities daily?

I have a Schwab account which is fine but I also have an investment account with my bank. They send monthly statements but I would like to track those investments daily... 

Or does Schwab offer that service too? 

If your Bank/Broker doesn't offer "online" tracking of your account, I would get a little nervous.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Morningstar and Trustnet both have free tracking services, as does Yahoo Finance..... but a spread sheet works best.

In the  end it's what the  bank/broker offers within their horrible bid/ask spreads. Future market spreads are around + 7 % for crude oil. On the other hand , natural Gas costs an annual rate of minus 79% per year.  

My interogation, how a "long position" in "natural gas ", at a negative rate of 79% per year could ever turn into a profit has remained unaswered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, swissie said:

In the  end it's what the  bank/broker offers within their horrible bid/ask spreads. Future market spreads are around + 7 % for crude oil. On the other hand , natural Gas costs an annual rate of minus 79% per year.  

My interogation, how a "long position" in "natural gas ", at a negative rate of 79% per year could ever turn into a profit has remained unaswered.

Hope for war, that will turn round your position.

13 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I have a Schwab account which is fine but I also have an investment account with my bank. They send monthly statements but I would like to track those investments daily... 

Have you never logged on to the Schwab website? There are a lot of tracking tools on there, more so on the Windows version. You can go to any date and time. You can project future income, Schwab has a whole area on that. I would call your Schwab agent and tell him what you want, there are probably additional tools to do that.  When you say tracking, what exactly do you want?

If its just equities, Schwab has ample tools and dashboards. It's when it gets complicated then the only real answer is a spreadsheet to collate everything together. Luckily, xls does have some data feeds to populate a lot of the data. I use investing app a lot too.

Don't they say don't look daily at your portfolio anyway?

21 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Sorry, I can be no help. My 200K in individual stocks is with Fidelity where I skim off a bit if wanted. The additional 400K is in my managed TIAA-CREF account. I pretty well have my 65K+ baht a month immigration income in balance ($1570 from US Social Security & retirement funds) without further monitoring.