Changes to "Long Term" Non-IMM Visas - 5 Year "Non-OA" Retirement Visa? (PURE SPECULATION).

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

Although I also telephoned my local IO with regards to this and they did say when doing my next annual extension that I could change from O-A to O-X as long as I had the insurance and 3 million in the bank. I'm not entirely convinced that this is correct though.

Your O-A has expired.
They also didn't tell you'd have to apply for the O-X at a Thai Embassy, not at Immigration.

1 hour ago, TigerandDog said:

According to Siam legal it's also what is required for a 5 year O-A visa based on retirement.

see this link from Siam legal.  5-Year Retirement Visa Thailand | Thai Immigration.

However, after doing some more in depth research it would appear that Siam Legal are incorrect with their post with regards to the O-A based on retirement also being available for 5 years as the Thai Immigration website only makes mention of the O-A for retirement being for 1 year.

Although I also telephoned my local IO with regards to this and they did say when doing my next annual extension that I could change from O-A to O-X as long as I had the insurance and 3 million in the bank. I'm not entirely convinced that this is correct though.

Yes it can not be done, i use CW.  for the O-X you need the medical certificate and a police clearance certificate from your home country i tried agents and they all said no, one did quote me 40 000 baht but then said no.

I received mine through embassy in home country, now remember the O-X visa is a 10 year visa, 2x5 years,  and it gets worse the MFA website states 3 million, but after 1 year can go down to 1.5 million, immigration say no must be kept at 3 million, also the MFA website states  that an O-X can be converted in country  to another type of stay, i was told no, i questioned it, showed the printout from the MFA website, they simply said those are not our rules, ask your embassy why they wrote it and that was the end of conversation.  when i went to get my second 5 year, they said i needed to update all the documents that i used for the initial visa.

I can imagine all sorts of issues later on with the DTV visa as the holders will not be dealing through the MFA, but with the rules immigration decide to use

Edited by howerde
text
  • Like 2