Trump and Vance continue to lie about and demonise Haitians in Springfield

simple1

What to know about the threats in Springfield, Ohio, after false claims about Haitian immigrants
A small Ohio city has been inundated with hoax bomb threats since last week’s presidential debate, when former President Donald Trump falsely accused members of Springfield’s Haitian community of abducting and eating cats and dogs...

More than 30 bomb threats have been made against schools, government buildings and city officials’ homes since last week, forcing evacuations and closures. Springfield also canceled its annual celebration of diversity, arts and culture in response to the threats, and on Tuesday, state police were deployed to city schools.

https://archive.ph/uiry9

This is costing our city’: Bomb threats and evacuations take financial toll on Springfield following Trump’s false claims

Springfield Mayor Ron Rue has spent over a week scrambling to respond to a wave of bomb threats while subtly noting how the tab to keep people safe is growing daily.

“This is costing the city. We’re definitely in the hundreds of thousands of dollars in expense. We haven’t calculated the overtime, the contracts that need to be secured to be able to secure and communicate… take care of our city,” Rue told CNN’s Boris Sanchez earlier this week.

https://www.komu.com/news/this-is-costing-our-city-bomb-threats-and-evacuations-take-financial-toll-on-springfield-following/article_a12a97b0-bec6-59a0-a8a4-de962b1aa54d.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/21/2024 at 5:14 AM, jerrymahoney said:

Ohio Republican Governor Condemns Trump, Vance in NYT Op-Ed

Updated Sep 20, 2024 at 11:24 AM EDT

In his op-ed for the Times titled, "I'm the Governor of Ohio. I Don't Recognize the Springfield That Trump and Vance Describe," DeWine wrote, "Springfield has a rich history of providing refuge for the oppressed and being a place of opportunity. As a stop on the Underground Railroad, the Gammon House, which still stands, was a safe haven for escaped slaves seeking freedom. It is disappointing to me that Springfield has become the epicenter of vitriol over America's immigration policy, because it has long been a community of great diversity."

The governor added: "As a supporter of former President Donald Trump and Senator JD Vance, I am saddened by how they and others continue to repeat claims that lack evidence and disparage the legal migrants living in Springfield. This rhetoric hurts the city and its people, and it hurts those who have spent their lives there."

https://www.newsweek.com/ohio-governor-mike-dewine-condemns-donald-trump-jd-vance-springfield-1956824

Is the Governor making any money from Haitian immigrants? Some say this is his real motive.

Edited by mokwit

One may want to listen to Vance's whole interview, where he appears to say that if he has to make (up) a story for the news to cover then he will. I don't think he said he was lying. It appears that way in that cut but the interviewer called him on it and he explained. Of course they didn't show that second part!

Haitians are into Voodoo. Everyone know this unless they've had their head in the sand like many here! Here's a police video from Canton Ohio. Not too far from Springfield.

• Haha 1

Shouldnt the topic title be?

Media and Democrats focus on minor Issue to obfuscate the fact that Harris has allowed Millions of unvetted illegal aliens, including terrorists, to flood our country taking benefits away from deserving US citizens and engage in rape murder and pillage.

Ive seen Cambodians eat dogs, monkeys, cats and dogs. Are you saying there isnt bushmeat in Haiti?

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Almost 2 weeks since the debate and people are still talking about how the migrants are affecting quality of life in small town America.  The gaff that keeps on giving.

It's almost going to be a shame when Christopher Rufo and the other right wingers confirm the veracity of videos they have of skinned cats on a grill in Ohio.

Up until then, I don't know of a single American who grew up on National Geographic and  Discovery Channel documentaries about 3rd world countries and bush meat that is honestly sure it didn't happen.  Lots of faux indignation, but I've seen too many NatGeo and DisCh scenes of cooked chimpanzee hands and dog heads to doubt it.

When someone offers future events as evidence, it's a clear sign that they've got nothing.