Homeless Woman Using Illegal Drugs Openly on Pattaya Street Raises Concerns Over City Image

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

and she reportedly urinated and defecated near drainage pipes, which tarnished Pattaya’s tourism reputation.

The first thing that struck me on my initial visit to Pattaya in the early 90's was the pristine condition of the drainage pies and the area adjacent to them . I am horrified that such an outstanding feature has now been disrespectfully soiled,  

Edited by Bday Prang
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MarkBR said:

Same effect in most countries those viewed as native to country get far more sympathy than those viewed as alien/foreign.  Note treatment of asylum seekers, immigrants & refugees by redtop media/internet media in UK.

You are joking right ?    immigrants are treated as vip's in the uk    it native brits who have become second class citizens in their own country.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Sig said:

Finally, at the very end of the article, their real concern comes out. They couldn't give a rat's a** about the woman, just the reputation of the world class family friendly tourist destination.🤮

of coarse they couldn't  ... that's thais. 

The story is a good illustration of why governments have never won a "war on drugs" anywhere in the world. When people with mental health issues are left to live on the streets, one cannot be surprised if they want to deaden the pain.  

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The woman is often seen using drugs under the cover of a yellow umbrella, and she reportedly urinated and defecated near drainage pipes, which tarnished Pattaya’s tourism reputation.

Soi Buokaew is a sewer. It's dirty, and it smells, and I won't blame the poor woman for it. I can't take my 17-year-old near it. He hates the hookers with 70-year-old men, and he's right; it stinks. 

47 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

You are joking right ?    immigrants are treated as vip's in the uk    it native brits who have become second class citizens in their own country.

2nd class? It's further down the totem pole. 

Addicts, the abused, and the mentally ill know that their best changes for survival are in those places where their behavior is least disturbing to those around them (bad begets bad). If nothing else, this does not degrade Pattaya, but simply confirms facts #chithole