Harris holds 7-point lead over Trump in national survey

Inderpland

17 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Win by a little, win by a lot - doesn't matter as long as she wins.

...which she won't if the RCP numbers hold until election day.  But that is a long way off.  

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, theblether said:

Here's the downside - it samples only a certain category of American society. The Teamsters are working class dominated so that skews results. 

Yeah, slightly biased.  Are the Teamsters largely uneducated white guys? 

14 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Remember that that the national polls are about the popular vote, not the electoral college.

The top national polls were fairly accurate in 2016.

The Electoral College needs to be abolished.  All elections should be popular vote only.

15 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Somewhat odd, is it not that the Teamster poll has Trump ahead 60% to  34%, and all the mainstream media polls have Trump behind or tied.

How strange is that?

It depends on how different the demographics of the Teamsters differs from the demographics of the nation as a whole. I suspect it's mostly male, mostly white, and mostly not college educated. 3 demographics where Trump does very well.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, CM Dad said:

The Electoral College needs to be abolished.  All elections should be popular vote only.

Exactly. Just like.......where? Not UK, Australia, NZ, Canada, Japan, Germany... what country are you talking about?

15 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Remember that that the national polls are about the popular vote, not the electoral college.

The top national polls were fairly accurate in 2016.

There were a handful of polls that were pretty accurate and a bunch that were just garbage.

1 hour ago, Brian Hull said:

i am not American and so won't be voting but on the balance of experience, capabilities, track record, and what's on offer, the margin should be much greater. In any other western democracy it would be Harris 75%, Trump 25%.

It is not any other democracy - it is in America where vast sums of money are spent every four years on a complete clown show of lies, exaggeration and childish name calling.

The winner then spends the next two years preparing for the mid-terms, rather than actually doing anything for the people by way of governing.

Reality shows have become the new reality in the USA!

• Haha 1

I wouldn't give any value to the poll in question. Firstly, it's old. Secondly, we don't know whether it was carried out in Democrat-Marxist-supporter areas. The results have changed greatly since 12th September anyway. 

• Confused 2

I wouldn't give any value to the poll in question. Firstly, it's old. Secondly, we don't know whether it was carried out in Democrat-Marxist-supporter areas. The results have changed greatly since 12th September anyway. 

• Confused 1

To the many expats here who are following fashion and being anti-Trump:

You clearly don't care what will happen to the American population or to the world if the Democrat-Marxists and their vapid nominee, Comrade Kamala, win. I realise that you won't hear this on the propaganda state media channels, but ask yourselves why countries, such as Russia, China, and Iran want Comrade Kamala to win. ... What do you think will happen to the value of your pensions when the inevitable WW3 breaks out? You do know, I suppose, that China, the US, and Taiwan are preparing for the war to start in 2027. If you live in a city, all I can say is good luck if/when the war starts. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, renaissanc said:

You clearly don't care what will happen to the American population or to the world if the Democrat-Marxists and their vapid nominee, Comrade Kamala, win. I realise that you won't hear this on the propaganda state media channels, but ask yourselves why countries, such as Russia, China, and Iran want Comrade Kamala to win. ... What do you think will happen to the value of your pensions when the inevitable WW3 breaks out? You do know, I suppose, that China, the US, and Taiwan are preparing for the war to start in 2027. If you live in a city, all I can say is good luck if/when the war starts. 

To the many expats here who are sane enough to see that Trump is the least competent candidate for higher office in the history of the world:

Please keep up the good fight. It really is imperative to prevent the traitor from getting his grubby little hands on the presidency ever again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Task Master said:

Most of those polled say they are voting for "Heels up" Harris because it's the pc thing to say.

Sure, I believe you, just because you're a comedic genius. Obviously, coming up with 'Heels up Harris' is proof of a keen and mature intellect.
I must admit you MAGA faithful are an impressive bunch!

• Like 1

Dems need to ignore the polls and run flat out until election day.  Dems need to remember that there are Trump supporters who are deeply embarrassed to admit to a pollster that they support such an awful candidate--so they'll lie to the pollsters.   Sad they support a candidate so terrible they can't mention the name.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

This tells us you don't understand the concept of a random sample. Which is why you don't trust polls.

Can you explain why the top national polls were so accurate in 2020, 2016 and 2012?

I don't understand random sampling? Utter garbage. I pointed out this was not a random sample as it concentrated on one demographic, the polar opposite of random. 

I am quite sure that age illnesses are effecting many people on this site.

Anyone not suffering from either alcohol/drug delusion or old age dementia can clearly see the USA was better under Trump. Harris has no brain, no policies that work and her record - for those that cannot read or remember - is appalling !

People should stop making their vote about the person and more about the policies. Trump can only be president for 4 years and then its on to someone else. 8 years of Harris and the USA will be breaking into red and blue state countries.

That said if killing an unborn child and electing and hyena is your thing - vote Harris

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Anyone not suffering from either alcohol/drug delusion or old age dementia can clearly see the USA was better under Trump. Harris has no brain, no policies that work and her record - for those that cannot read or remember - is appalling !

People should stop making their vote about the person and more about the policies. Trump can only be president for 4 years and then its on to someone else. 8 years of Harris and the USA will be breaking into red and blue state countries.

That said if killing an unborn child and electing and hyena is your thing - vote Harris

Even if the USA was better under Trump was that because of or despite Trump. You should really get yourself acquainted with the  logical fallacy called "post hoc ergo propter hoc" "after this therefore because of this".

3 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Wow, RichardColeman taking hyperbole to a totally new level. Congratulations!😆

PS. I'll take hyenas over convicted criminal traitors/sexual abusers any day of the week.

• Like 1

People will believe whatever poll leans their way so they mean **** all.  

What I see though so far is:

(1) Her making some states competitive / close that were no way competitive with Joe leading the ticket which means she is definitely getting the Independants / turning some Republicans. 

(2) More and more women are p****d off at the "Trump Abortion Ban" and will show up more than any poll will tell you......just like "all" these ones the Democrats won since Roe (of which he's proud of)  was overturned:

Abortion Rights Victories Continue: Here Are All The Wins In Major Elections Since The Supreme Court

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2023/11/08/abortion-rights-victories-continue-here-are-all-the-wins-in-major-elections-since-the-supreme-court-overturned-roe/

Lock Him Up !!!!

3 hours ago, theblether said:

I don't understand random sampling? Utter garbage. I pointed out this was not a random sample as it concentrated on one demographic, the polar opposite of random. 

You think national random sampled polls are garbage, except for the Teamsters poll, which didn't use random sampling.

Makes perfect sense to me.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Four years ago, there was a shortage of body bags and toilet paper.

Perhaps your age has affected your memory.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, renaissanc said:

You seem to have a very simple world view, one that is based on misinformation.

IMG_20240821_194153_409.jpg