7-Eleven Introduces Convenient PromptPay QR Code Payments Nationwide

webfact

7 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

I, along with the other 5 billion people who........... 

That right there says it all - you think 5 billion people out of 7.5 billion use phones to do banking?

Nothing I can say to someone who thinks like that will be listened to - a waste of my time. 

According to a Google search 5.4 billion people worldwide use mobile banking apps. Do you distrust them only in Thailand, or not realize that countries other than Thailand have banks?

Meanwhile, Thailand is a nation with one of the highest percentage usage of mobile banks, with 68.1% of Thai bank a account holders using mobile banking. 

But we're all wrong and you're right. 

2 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

According to a Google search 5.4 billion people worldwide use mobile banking apps. Do you distrust them only in Thailand, or not realize that countries other than Thailand have banks?

Meanwhile, Thailand is a nation with one of the highest percentage usage of mobile banks, with 68.1% of Thai bank a account holders using mobile banking. 

Plus, yes there is risk in banking, do you realize there's ways to easily limit risk when you use internet banking / bank apps?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

Plus, yes there is risk in banking, do you realize there's ways to easily limit risk when you use internet banking / bank apps?  

Yes, there are risks associated with mobile apps. There are also risks associated with taking cash from ATM's and carrying it around with you. I take precautions and have never had any issues with either but prefer the convenience of mobile banking. 

I do acknowledge that guys who struggle with technology are probably better off using cash though, if nothing else for peace of mind.

And as some have pointed out, guys who struggle with mobile phone usage probably would slow down check out lines attempting to scan QR codes. We can only hope they've mastered their coin counting skills. 

Edited by ftpjtm
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

Seems people have no comprehension of the end goal here. So il tell you.

The WEF is pushing this everywhere. An article from about a year ago made the point that once the public gets to about 65% of doing non-cash transactions, it will be time to stop cash purchases.  Once that is done, the governments, all of them, will now be able to track AND TAX every purchase.  They'll know what you buy, where you bought it, etc.  This is not good.  In America they presently believe you should pay tax on items you sell at a garage sale. They track deposits, transactions, over $600.  So, that tv you bought last year that won't fit in you new home, an 85' Winnebago, if you sell it and don't have the receipt to show you took a loss, you owe taxes on that $600. 

DO NOT USE ELECTRONIC PAYMENT QR CODES.  You'll regret it.

they have no idea whats coming.............

On 9/27/2024 at 2:17 PM, arick said:

Almost impossible as a foreigner to get that wallet

Yes, I get that. But some posters complained about the slow cashier queue with QR payment, regardless it is promptpay or true wallet. And also regardless it is a Thai person or foreigner

16 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

We?? What are you smoking mate?? You need to take a break. 

Lets get back to the issue - scanning QR codes is inherently risky - especially if you use a banking app on the phone that you scan the QR code with.  Believe the FBI??  

FBI issues new warning about QR code scams (youtube.com)

FBI signaling nationwide alert for potential scams using QR codes (youtube.com)

FBI warns about growing problem of QR code scams (youtube.com)

Newsmaker: BBB warns against QR code scams (youtube.com)

Do you remember when smoking was OK - when anyone saying it was unhealthy was rubbished. This is like that - phones are inherently a serious security risk - people will and can do stupid things with them - it is not like they come with a warning saying what to do and what not to do. 

13 minutes ago, CLW said:

Yes, I get that. But some posters complained about the slow cashier queue with QR payment, regardless it is promptpay or true wallet. And also regardless it is a Thai person or foreigner

I am a foreigner and I have true wallet but I find it too cumbersome / complicated to use, so I aim for purchases for which I can us K+, so simple, especially if you record some favorites, which come up for instant use whenever you open K+. 

But I do regularly monitor the balance I have in my K+ account.

And It's easy to add more funds into K+ from KBiz, as needed.

My Thai son and his Thai wife and my uni age Thai granddaughter all have True wallet and all have K PLus and 2 have Prompt pay, the third person just registered for Prompt Pay.

I ask my son and his wife and my grand daughter 'how often do you us True Wallet?' Answer,'only use it when it's the absolute only option, because it's too complicated. The 2 members of my family who us Prompt Pay say it's easy and quick to use.  

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Joebuzzz said:

Seems people have no comprehension of the end goal here. So il tell you.

The WEF is pushing this everywhere. An article from about a year ago made the point that once the public gets to about 65% of doing non-cash transactions, it will be time to stop cash purchases.  Once that is done, the governments, all of them, will now be able to track AND TAX every purchase.  They'll know what you buy, where you bought it, etc.  This is not good.  In America they presently believe you should pay tax on items you sell at a garage sale. They track deposits, transactions, over $600.  So, that tv you bought last year that won't fit in you new home, an 85' Winnebago, if you sell it and don't have the receipt to show you took a loss, you owe taxes on that $600. 

DO NOT USE ELECTRONIC PAYMENT QR CODES.  You'll regret it.

Unfortunately there are far too many people who are sheep and will just go along to get along - and also far too many who are just ignorant and foolish.  I recall when they changed from paying salaries in cash to bank account lodgements - at first it was optional - and then it was mandatory.  The downstream outcome of that has been many actions that the Authorities can now make on your salary - everything from taxes to child support to fines and levies and beyond.  If they do remove cash from all transactions. then they will have even more control over people's money - and of course they will say it is for all the good reasons - but over time the authorities will use that ability for things that are not in our best interests.  I love Thailand for many reasons - one of them is that here cash is King. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

I am a foreigner and I have true wallet but I find it too cumbersome / complicated to use, so I aim for purchases for which I can us K+, so simple, especially if you record some favorites, which come up for instant use whenever you open K+. 

But I do regularly monitor the balance I have in my K+ account.

And It's easy to add more funds into K+ from KBiz, as needed.

My Thai son and his Thai wife and my uni age Thai granddaughter all have True wallet and all have K PLus and 2 have Prompt pay, the third person just registered for Prompt Pay.

I ask my son and his wife and my grand daughter 'how often do you us True Wallet?' Answer,'only use it when it's the absolute only option, because it's too complicated. The 2 members of my family who us Prompt Pay say it's easy and quick to use.  

I think True Wallet is just existing because of people using it at 7-11 and maybe pay bills for true phone / internet bills. Other than that I have never heard of any advantage to main banking apps

42 minutes ago, CLW said:

I think True Wallet is just existing because of people using it at 7-11 and maybe pay bills for true phone / internet bills. Other than that I have never heard of any advantage to main banking apps

In addition to paying at 7-Eleven and taking care of utility bills, it also offers a virtual Prepaid Mastercard that can be added to Google Wallet. I find this convenient as it enables me to pay with my watch.

5 hours ago, CLW said:

At the end of the day you don't need a 7-Eleven when there's a load us across the street

1 hour ago, CLW said:

Can use truemoneywallet on Lazada although now QR is available with discount i rarely use True 

5 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Unfortunately there are far too many people who are sheep and will just go along to get along - and also far too many who are just ignorant and foolish.  I recall when they changed from paying salaries in cash to bank account lodgements - at first it was optional - and then it was mandatory.  The downstream outcome of that has been many actions that the Authorities can now make on your salary - everything from taxes to child support to fines and levies and beyond.  If they do remove cash from all transactions. then they will have even more control over people's money - and of course they will say it is for all the good reasons - but over time the authorities will use that ability for things that are not in our best interests.  I love Thailand for many reasons - one of them is that here cash is King. 

But  notice how many here dont even give this a thought or  care about the intrusions............hey its "convenient" yeah at a  goddamn awful cost