Billy Eilish's "Birds of a Feather" - is it better than anything by the Beatles?

Cameroni

16 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

No thank you.

An explanation of why Ofilli's poop-smeared Virgin Mary is important art wouldn't help me appreciate that either.

You seem to have an attitude that you don't want to be elevated by the sublime genius that is Billy Eilish. 

That's so sad.

• Sad 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, it is what it is said:

not a fan of the beatles, but, who? what?

Google Birds of a Feather by Billy Eilish, and get ready to have liquid MDMA course through your ears. The synapses of your brain will flash red with pleasure overloard. Just give it a try. 

Trust me.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Good gawd - it's a song. Different music moves people differently. Cryin'-in-yer-beer Country music makes me ill, others love it.

I got Rickrolled yesterday. THAT brought back fond memories!

This is not "a" song.

This is "the" song of 2024.

This Billy Eilish may be wrong in so many ways, but as a songwriter and singer, this is by far the best you can get at this point.

So original, playful, yet serious and substantive. And she can sing live. The harmonies. My God. Like getting high without Ecstasy.

Rickrolled is so playeeeed, btw, that's like 4 years ago.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cameroni said:

This is not "a" song.

This is "the" song of 2024.

This Billy Eilish may be wrong in so many ways, but as a songwriter and singer, this is by far the best you can get at this point.

So original, playful, yet serious and substantive. And she can sing live. The harmonies. My God. Like getting high without Ecstasy.

Rickrolled is so playeeeed, btw, that's like 4 years ago.

What part of "fond memory" did you miss? You remind me of my ex-wife, you're just looking for an argument. :crying:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

What part of "fond memory" did you miss? You remind me of my ex-wife, you're just looking for an argument. :crying:

Not at all, I share the nostalgic  memory or Rick myself.

Going to the club, wearing a custard cream jacket, shiny gold brown checked trousers, fox brown shoes. What a time it was. Then the rabble with their wife beater t-shirts came along and their god awful techno crap and ruined everything. 

15 hours ago, Cameroni said:

Ordinary? She takes the "love you till I die" and takes it literally...did you get the meaning of the words?

I'm honestly struggling to find a Beatles song that compares to this, maybe "Yesterday"?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

The first ever heavy metal record ever made. Nicely played, Sir.

A droning and heavy sound, this record first struck me as dragging its knuckles on the floor like a Neanderthal, quite boring. But as you grow up you appreciate the psychological depth of the lyrics, also honest and raw, about loss.

This one is a contender. However, it has a simple ABBA format, the instrumentalisation is heavy rather than complex. It certainly lacks the airy lightness and beauty of Bird of a Feather.

But it is original too, for sure. It's a contender. I will accept it.

2 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

See who is listening to Billi Eilish or even Ed Sheeran in 60 years time.

Each artists today have a smaller audience than The Beetles Had. It was all about timing, and being at the same place.

These days, do anyone listening to Elvis? Do anybody of the younger generation know who Elvis was? My father doesn't know Justin Bieber, but his generation will remember Justin

My father at 85 do, 

38 minutes ago, Hummin said:

Each artists today have a smaller audience than The Beetles Had. It was all about timing, and being at the same place.

And about writing some bloody good songs, OK some were a bit rubbish, but in general The BEAtles were the best.

41 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Just an average pop song made for teenage girls just like the Swift garbage. 

Swift has nowhere near the lyrical craft of this song.

Though Cruel Summer has some passable harmonies, one has to admit.

24 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Cyborg Octopus dropped a new album recently... Much better.

If you're trying to scare small children, yes.

But the aim here is to enjoy the music and be elevated in terms of psychological well being. 

4 minutes ago, Cameroni said:

If you're trying to scare small children, yes.

But the aim here is to enjoy the music and be elevated in terms of psychological well being. 

I throughly enjoy the new album from Cyborg Octopus, I purchased it too !

24 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And about writing some bloody good songs, OK some were a bit rubbish, but in general The BEAtles were the best.

People forget they also had inspiration and stole bits here and there to. 

But as everyone knows, they are legends, immortal ones, but you missing my point, Justin Bieber will be remembered as much as the Beatles by his own generation 

29 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

To me, Pink Floyd is way above the Beatles by the way. I have no relationship with Beatles what's so ever, except the reproduction of their music and lyrics by other artists, teached me about their music. 

Edited by Hummin

7 minutes ago, Hummin said:

To me, Pink Floyd is way above the Beatles by the way. I have no relationship with Beatles what's so ever, except the reproduction of their music and lyrics by other artists, teached me about their music. 

Each to their own. I personally prefer The Beach Boys for their (Brian's) musical ability, although they all shone later on. 

And then we have Abba, the Carpenters, etc, all brilliant.

Just listened to Ms Eilish on Y Tube. If that's the best song you can come up with, I feel sorry for you. Such obvious rhymings, a rather boring melody and a 5hitty video. So many better songs in the last 60 years, too many to mention.