Billy Eilish's "Birds of a Feather" - is it better than anything by the Beatles?

Cameroni

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

People forget they also had inspiration and stole bits here and there to. 

But as everyone knows, they are legends, immortal ones, but you missing my point, Justin Bieber will be remembered as much as the Beatles by his own generation 

Bieber is not that bad, he has some classics actually,

Not a great songwriter obviously.

30 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

You realize Mozart was the pop artist of his time? 

were comparing the "quality" and  Billie eilish isnt even close..... next up George Michaels masterpiece  little  known 

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

were comparing the "quality" and  Billie eilish isnt even close..... next up George Michaels masterpiece  little  known 

Try and make an effort, have a look at the vid I posted. I agree some of his songs where nice but if you do a side by side comparison of his Mr. BoJangels and Sammy Davids Jr. his ain't all that good.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

Try and make an effort, have a look at the vid I posted. I agree some of his songs where nice but if you do a side by side comparison of his Mr. BoJangels and Sammy Davids Jr. his ain't all that good.

nope.... dont like it prefer ....... words  irrelevant imo, all subjective of course but to say billie  eilish is great is well shy of the mark

7 minutes ago, bubblegum said:

he didnt write mr  bojangles and writing is the bit which sets  good artists apart from  the rest

23 hours ago, Cameroni said:

That's how I felt when I heard this masterpiece by Billy Eilish.

Billie was actually born a boy, for the record. Hence the tomboy name. Not that it matters musically.

She/he looks creepy to me. It's painful to watch as a video. 

And even though the lyrics might be about "loving someone until their grave", I don't get the impression this human being has the capacity to love anyone until their grave. I don't think the lyrics are from the heart. Partly because I don't think Billie Boy writes their own lyrics and the beatles did wrote most of their own lyrics.

The voice is 95 per cent autotuned? Who knows how much fakery with tech has been injected into the voice.

The voice is not as rich and unique as the voices of the Beatles. 

And what else? All the musical instruments are computers. No one is actually playing a real instrument.

In some ways, this song shows the degradation of modern music. 

8 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

nope.... dont like it prefer ....... words  irrelevant imo, all subjective of course but to say billie  eilish is great is well shy of the mark

Words are the base for poetry and in my opinion poetry and music are a perfect mach. But then music like religion and politics are topic mankind can never agree upon. And maybe that is for the good, diversity and such.

3 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

The words are  irrelevant, how does it make you feel and Mozart says it  all without a  single utterance 

I enjoy the music and I can relax to it.

I also the big band music of the 1930s and 1940s as well as traditional jazz. I am not so keen on modern jazz from the 1960s though.