Not-on-Tinder: I met some super nice guy yesterday in CM. A man with some class! Amazing.

Any person with a touch of class, (like me for example), would avoid GG like the plague.  I come from a family of academics, my father a professor of languages, my mother an author (but only writing in French, her second language).  My 2 elder brothers are Cambridge graduates, and have published many research papers.  I got my Masters in Space Science from London University.  I speak English, Thai, Lao, French and some Burmese....

Trust me GG.  Any man with true class would not want to associate with you..... have you tried the local mental asylum?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

After a very long dry spell, yesterday I happened to meet a really nice OLD Guy in CM, one who has been kicking around Asia, HK, China....and these parts, for almost as long as I.

This guy had been a businessman, a manufacturer and exporter, but he was not only that....

He had a bit of class, and he exuded class from every pore.....so obviously.

You know, Folks.....

It is not that I actually ENJOY living alone like a FING hermit, or anything.

It's just that I rarely meet anyone who has a touch of class.....and someone who measures up to my standards.

Therefore, I ask you:

Where might I meet another small few who are just about the same as he....the one I met yesterday evening?

Sure, about a few years ago, I would occasionally run into some guys who had come to CM to give a lecture, or to do some sort of Thesis Advising for their students, who were doing research in CM....

Yet....it has always been a rarity, during my over-12 years in CM....to actually meet up with men like this.

I don't like to meet up with old women of class, of course....

Those old bags are just a total turnoff for the likes of me.

You know what?

I was even thinking of joining the local Synagogue, just to find some thinking People, even though I am not Jewish.

I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood.

And, I get on with the Jews of America far better than with my "own" people, in fact.

I once asked a good friend of mine from NYC, a linguistics prof, if it might be possible for me to join the local synagogue in CM, just to meet up with the kind of People I enjoy sharing company with.

He told me that it would be too boring for me unless I spoke either Hebrew or Yiddish.

But still, I think I might have another go at it.

Do you know how I can meet some guys with a touch of class....and old guys...about my age, or....up to age 85?

I will never again use Tinder, of course.

But, guys like me, with a touch of class, never use Tinder, anyway.

If you think this might be a JOKE Topic, then I can tell you that you are completely mistaken.

What are your thoughts?

What is my best solution?

Best regards,

Gamma

Note:  We are social beings.  I like to associate with guys of class and intelligence, and guys who are refined.  But....HOW?

There must be very few here in Thailand, as far as I can see.

Yet....just one or two would be enough for me.

Thank you!

"It's just that I rarely meet anyone who has a touch of class.....and someone who measures up to my standards.".................... This smells of narcissism and arrogance, along with many statements of you having a very high IQ, which is something people who are very intelligent don't do.  ...............

"Those old bags are just a total turnoff for the likes of me" ...................Another narcissistic statement. The likes of you? What gives you class or makes you so special?...........................".I like to associate with guys of class and intelligence, and guys who are refined"..................What makes you think you deserve hanging around with those of class, and why wouldn't you hang with guys who aren't that smart, or refined? Does this make them inferior in your eyes? . ..........................".What is my best solution?."...................Look up narcissism, and why people feel the need to brag about their supposed IQ. If you can rise above it, which a true narcissist rarely does, you can then look at others as equals, and find more friends that way because, everyone is your equal, as far as being a person. Some people are bad and some are good, and most a blend of both, but, everyone is equal as far as being a person.  Having class means you treat everyone the same, and don't look down on anyone because they have less than you do.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you trying to turn this into a golf thread?

Also, are you now reviewing the X31s of 1975?

Or, will you?

That was 50 FING years ago, after all.

The X31s of that time are NOT the same as the X31s of 2024.....in case you did not know, which I do know that you do know, unless your have forgotten what you now know.

You will have to do better than that, if you are attempting to gaslight me.

On topic, Australians don't put much stock in class. We leave that to the Brits, who are possibly the most class-ridden nationality on the planet.

I am somewhat bemused by Americans who staged a revolution to escape the clutches of the British Crown. Now they fawn on every dysfunctional sprog that crosses the Atlantic for a visit.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

As usual, Sir, when talking about golf....you are ONCE AGAIN...talking BALONEY!

You stated that the Wilson Staff were beginners' clubs....THIS....Sir...is PURE AND UTTER Baloney...as usual.....

image.png.6674c572aeb12446d0e19a32e8268c5e.png

Wilson Staff X31 irons and woods were expensive, back in the day.

They were ANYTHING.....BUT.... beginners' clubs.

You are just plain.....WRONG....ONCE MORE......

So...just check it out.....

And, finally, learn something useful.

How much they cost me....I forget....so please do not ask.

=============

Now, I will leave you to your FING PING, Sir.......

Because....PING are for DUFFERS.....For sure!

https://www.golfmagic.com/equipment/budget-sets/wilson-x31-package-set-review-great-place-start-golf-beginners

4 hours ago, simon43 said:

Any person with a touch of class, (like me for example), would avoid GG like the plague.  I come from a family of academics, my father a professor of languages, my mother an author (but only writing in French, her second language).  My 2 elder brothers are Cambridge graduates, and have published many research papers.  I got my Masters in Space Science from London University.  I speak English, Thai, Lao, French and some Burmese....

Trust me GG.  Any man with true class would not want to associate with you..... have you tried the local mental asylum?

The asylum would not have me.

This is how I became a hermit.

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Having class means you treat everyone the same

Just another meaningless blanket statement, and the same idiotic philosophy that is now mucking up the world.

Nobody treats everyone the same.

53 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Just another meaningless blanket statement, and the same idiotic philosophy that is now mucking up the world.

Nobody treats everyone the same.

If you don't treat everyone the same, meaning with the same respect, you have no class. People who have more money aren't worth more than the poor. The same with idol worship over celebrities. They are just people, with the same worth as a homeless person. Some people act worse than others, toxic people, that you should avoid. What's mucking up the world, primarily, are narcissists. People that think they are better or worth more. they aren't. Alpha males are a bane on society, yet foolish people look up to these types, people who couldn't care less about the people who admire them. Many people look at others as equals to themselves, so your nobody treats everyone the same is wrong, and a blanket statement of your own. The more people that respect others and their value, the better the world would be, but this won't happen because of those toxic people that think they are better.

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

image.png.c6f2725214c76c6cf3693c4419c6d5f7.png

And, let's keep in mind that it is not the brand of clubs that makes the golpher.

I don't see Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan, Tom Watson or Gary Player in that list.

You need to keep up, Titleist is the staple golf club used by modern-day professionals. Followed by Taylormade, Callaway, Srixon and Ping. You'll find Mizuno in the golf bags of Asians.

Wilson's glory days were back in the sixties, along with you and me.

18 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

My grandfather was an orthopedic surgeon who remained devoted to the game of golf until the day he died, age 95.

Also, if I scorned the game of golf, then why would I have spent BIG BUCKS to buy a set of X31's, back in the mid-1970s?

image.png.4e30365409122b5bdcdfb627c3c3a2f6.png

Those aren't your clubs.

19 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

After a very long dry spell, yesterday I happened to meet a really nice OLD Guy in CM, one who has been kicking around Asia, HK, China....and these parts, for almost as long as I.

This guy had been a businessman, a manufacturer and exporter, but he was not only that....

You know, Folks.....

It's just that I rarely meet anyone who has a touch of class.....and someone who measures up to my standards.

Therefore, I ask you:

Where might I meet another small few who are just about the same as he....the one I met yesterday evening?

Are you dating him now ?

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't see Tiger Woods, Jack Nicklaus, Ben Hogan, Tom Watson or Gary Player in that list.

You need to keep up, Titleist is the staple golf club used by modern-day professionals. Followed by Taylormade, Callaway, Srixon and Ping. You'll find Mizuno in the golf bags of Asians.

Wilson's glory days were back in the sixties, along with you and me.

How MANY TIMES must I REPEAT myself before you finally GET IT??????????

I purchased the Wilson Staff clubs in the early 1970s.

How many years ago is that?

Are you now trying to compare the golph clubs you can buy in the 2020s with the clubs you could buy directly from a ProShop 55 years ago?

Can't you see the FOOLishness in doing such a thing?

If you want to talk 1970s golph clubs, then go ahead.

Just don't feed me more bull about the 2020s golph clubs market....

20 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Dear Folks,

You know, Folks.....

Therefore, I ask you:

Sure, about a few years ago, I would occasionally run into some guys who had come to CM to give a lecture, or to do some sort of Thesis Advising for their students, who were doing research in CM....

Yet....it has always been a rarity, during my over-12 years in CM....to actually meet up with men like this.

Those old bags are just a total turnoff for the likes of me.

You know what?

I was even thinking of joining the local Synagogue, just to find some thinking People, even though I am not Jewish.

I grew up in a Jewish neighborhood.

And, I get on with the Jews of America far better than with my "own" people, in fact.

I once asked a good friend of mine from NYC, a linguistics prof, if it might be possible for me to join the local synagogue in CM, just to meet up with the kind of People I enjoy sharing company with.

He told me that it would be too boring for me unless I spoke either Hebrew or Yiddish.

But still, I think I might have another go at it.

Do you know how I can meet some guys with a touch of class....and old guys...about my age, or....up to age 85?

I will never again use Tinder, of course.

But, guys like me, with a touch of class, never use Tinder, anyway.

If you think this might be a JOKE Topic, then I can tell you that you are completely mistaken.

What are your thoughts?

What is my best solution?

Best regards,

Gamma

Note:  We are social beings.  I like to associate with guys of class and intelligence, and guys who are refined.  But....HOW?

There must be very few here in Thailand, as far as I can see.

Yet....just one or two would be enough for me.

Thank you!

You met bob smith?  I though he left for Spain?

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Are you now trying to compare the golph clubs you can buy in the 2020s with the clubs you could buy directly from a ProShop 55 years ago?

Golph ?

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I am posting facts. If you don't like them, I have others.

80 - 90% of tour professionals use Titleist golf clubs and balls. Fact.

The golf clubs in the photo you posted are NOT 1970's. The head size on the driver is incontrovertible proof of that.

You are wrong, but just don't want to admit it. That in itself lacks the class you are so desperately seeking.

Edited by Lacessit