Moving Thai GF to Germany - Fastest options - Marriage in Thailand or Germany

Dear All,

I have been together with my GF for 10 years and we want to move to Germany.

* What are my best options in regards to immigration/marriage?

* What is the fastest way?

* What will be most economical?

* Any agencies in BKK that will do more than collect your documents?

* Does an informal visit at the German Embassy in BKK make sense?

* Marriage in Thailand or Germany - the visa for her may also be a concern?

I would appreciate any input.

🙏

There is no quick fix, and if you marry on tourist visa back in Germany, she have to apply from Thailand. Dont you have an official visa online portal in germany who guide you through the rules?

German Embassy in Bangkok is the most helpful. You need no agents - they are very supportive just make an appointment and they will guide you. Seriously very kind folks there.

1 hour ago, NativeBob said:

German Embassy in Bangkok is the most helpful. You need no agents - they are very supportive just make an appointment and they will guide you. Seriously very kind folks there.

Thank you so much,

I was thinking about that already. I was just afraid waking sleeping dogs. If I show where we have weaknesses in the application process that may be used against us moving forward in a certain way ...

16 years ago whilst living in Germany I married  my Thai girlfriend in Bangkok..Germany wanted a crazy amount of paperwork from my girlfriend/wife.                                                                            Of course you should enquire at the German Embassy, although my experience was the opposite of NativeBob's; they were unhelpful and arrogant, perhaps because of my Isaan GF.

PLEASE PM ME for details of a bureau in the YWCA building near the embassy who knew all the ins and outs and translated the papers. If they are still in business, your marriage will be a walk in the park. 

BTW, my wife could not live in Germany; she missed her family and the Thai lifestyle. But we are still happily together in her Isaan village. Important: marry in the Ban Rak registry office in Bangkok because the embassy can quickly verify their marriage certificate and process the visa for your wife. Good luck.

Edited by kalasiner
correction
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Exilerunner said:

I was thinking about that already. I was just afraid waking sleeping dogs. If I show where we have weaknesses in the application process that may be used against us moving forward in a certain way ...

I've been there 2023. Made it very formal: appointment with Consular and visit. If you popup from nowhere you'll probably deal with khun Supee. Don't do it.

the German Consular is very helpful. after all they did it for 40+ years so they know everything.

Avoid khun Supee!

4 minutes ago, kalasiner said:

Important: marry in the Ban Rak registry office in Bangkok because the embassy can quickly verify their marriage certificate and process the visa for your wife.

I didn't know that.

good point. very good point sir

Edited by NativeBob