Where did everyone go... Floral Condo

1happykamper

I moved into floral condo a short time ago. I know it's low season but this place now seems abandoned... perhaps everyone left town because of the flooding? I've seen very few residents here... those that have see walk around with earphones in... I think is the new way of say.. FO and leave me alone 555. I'm being serious! Some still wear masks! Give me a break.. 

Anyhooo... today a notice was pinned outside the office announcing that as of today... September 28 the "executive committee" has quit... But in Thai language it's states.. "Completed their term"

Is there something going on here that I need to be aware of? I shower daily. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

I moved into floral condo a short time ago. I know it's low season but this place now seems abandoned... perhaps everyone left town because of the flooding? I've seen very few residents here... those that have see walk around with earphones in... I think is the new way of say.. FO and leave me alone 555. I'm being serious! Some still wear masks! Give me a break.. 

Anyhooo... today a notice was pinned outside the office announcing that as of today... September 28 the "executive committee" has quit... But in Thai language it's states.. "Completed their term"

Is there something going on here that I need to be aware of? I shower daily. 

They'll have an AGM for room owners to vote in another committee, at least that's what we do at my condo.

18 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Some still wear masks! Give me a break.. 

I heard the pollution is very bad in Chiang Mai. 

Also Caucasians are not as vulnerable to Covid's developing issues as the Asians, give them a break mate. 

It's their choice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

CM became a crappy + quiet boring place if it comes to the expats and nightlife. Same with the super slow slow thinking and acting locals, if they think at all. It always shocks me when going to like Hanoi where it is completely packed and has this vibes that Thailand once had. 

The climate itself is also kind of a big mess: very long rain seasons, then the extreme hot months + after that the extreme pollution months. Essentially Chiang Mai is a horrible place to stay except for maybe 4 months a year.

People I know still living here are looking to relocate or even leave depending on tax situations too. Many just switch between Vietnam, south of Thailand and 1-2 months up north aside of a visit trip back to their home countries. 

I'm personally ready to move out too but kind of waiting for these tax rules updates, kind of senseless to move domestic beforehand.

Edited by ChaiyaTH