Elderly Woman Abducted from Hospital: Sister Appeals for Help

Georgealbert

IMG_6147.jpeg

A 63-year-old woman, Khunlin Jokklad, urgently reported to police on September 28, that her 70-year-old sister, Amphon Jokklad, has been abducted from a local hospital in Pathum Thani, by a mysterious man. The incident occurred on the evening of September 27, prompting her to file a complaint at the Pratunam Chulalongkorn Police Station.

According to Khunlin, she brought her sister to the Pathumthani Hospital on September 23 for treatment of food aspiration and paralysis, along with memory issues. On September 27, hospital staff informed her that Amphon was ready to be discharged. Due to her own struggles with depression and age-related limitations, Khunlin requested that her sister's three children come to take her home.

However, when Khunlin visited the hospital the following morning with care packages for Amphon, she discovered that her sister had already been taken away by someone claiming to be her son. Alarmed, Khunlin contacted her sister’s relatives and learned that no one had come to pick her up. Upon reviewing the hospital's surveillance footage, it was revealed that a man, who did not resemble any family member, had taken Amphon in a taxi, raising concerns for her safety.

The footage shows a man with dark skin and a shaved head lifting Amphon into a taxi before driving away. Khunlin expressed her disbelief that hospital staff would allow her sister to leave with someone who was not family, considering she had been the one to bring Amphon in for care.

“I’m extremely worried. My sister is elderly and has multiple health issues. I urge the authorities to help bring her back,” Khunlin pleaded.

In response, Pol. Lt. Col. Wichaya Phankham, head of the police station’s investigation unit, has initiated an inquiry and is coordinating with the hospital to review the footage and locate the taxi driver who picked up Amphon. They aim to trace the unidentified man and ensure the safe return of the elderly woman.

Picture of sister talking to reporters.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-29

news-footer-2.png

image.png

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

If a person who is not a known visitor, just show up, how can the hospital release a person to them without proper identification?

Have you ever been to a Thai hospital?

I have never been asked to show id on visiting patients, including ones that have I driven to their homes.

That includes both public and private hospitals.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

most bizarre story ever.

there's usually no follow ups and we'll never know what happened? 

Unless the bald headed dark man, gets home and realizes, he took the wrong Granny, she won't care as she has memory issues. 

56 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Have you ever been to a Thai hospital?

I have never been asked to show id on visiting patients, including ones that have I driven to their homes.

That includes both public and private hospitals.

Yes, of course I have been to a Thai hospital. I know what they do. What I did was questioning how they can do it as it falls as far from safety and security as possible.

• Sad 1