Purchase Cheap SIM from Lazada etc.

carlyai

My BIL (with a mental disability) was given a mobile phone by a cousin and now (with his B10000 handout) wants a SIM card.

While he really doesn't know much about mobile phones and takes a lot of picture of the ground, Lazada seem to offer 1 year cheap SIM cards which could be good for him.

Just be local Wat or Moo Baan telephone calls and more videos of feet and ground.

Any suggestions on a cheap SIM card?

3 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Lazada seem to offer 1 year cheap SIM cards which could be good for him

Be very careful buying from Lazada if you are not experienced. 

Look at the star ratings, comments and don't buy if shipped from overseas. 

You should get good feedback here from those who have had success. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have bought sims on Lazada from MELONTHAI without problem.

But make sure you get one that suits your / his needs. A lot of the descriptions are in Thai, so if you don't read it, you will need to use Google Translate.

Also, you might have to go along to the SIM provider's (AIS, DTAC etc) outlet with ID card to get the SIM activated. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

My BIL (with a mental disability) was given a mobile phone by a cousin and now (with his B10000 handout) wants a SIM card.

While he really doesn't know much about mobile phones and takes a lot of picture of the ground, Lazada seem to offer 1 year cheap SIM cards which could be good for him.

Just be local Wat or Moo Baan telephone calls and more videos of feet and ground.

The 12 month SIM, in general, only offer 60 per month of 'any network' calls. That's 2 minutes per day. Though they do offer unlimited 'within network' calls. But having to determine on which network the person he is calling is on, is a complication he doesn't need.

There are a couple that offer unlimited 'any network' calls of up to 15 minutes per call. Can then hang up and call again.

https://www.alottechs.com/product/simtrue-maxspeed Gives you 60GB of data per month and unlimited free calls to any Thai number, for 2099 baht.

The cheapest with unlimited 'any network' calls https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-angel Unlimited up to 15 Mbps Internet and unlimited 'any network' calls up to 15 minutes per call; 1499 baht. But I'm not sure about it's reliability. Some people complain about slow speeds.

If 60 minutes per month of 'any network' calls is enough, then he can choose practically any SIM package that suits. The cheapest being from DTAC, starting at 1490 baht

https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-dtac-turbo-x100-select

https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-dtac-infinity-x100-select

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, carlyai said:

Sim cards for data? I buy them for the boy and the girlfriend. 

They work fine if you buy from the right vendor.

• Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, NowNow said:

The 12 month SIM, in general, only offer 60 per month of 'any network' calls. That's 2 minutes per day. Though they do offer unlimited 'within network' calls. But having to determine on which network the person he is calling is on, is a complication he doesn't need.

There are a couple that offer unlimited 'any network' calls of up to 15 minutes per call. Can then hang up and call again.

https://www.alottechs.com/product/simtrue-maxspeed Gives you 60GB of data per month and unlimited free calls to any Thai number, for 2099 baht.

The cheapest with unlimited 'any network' calls https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-angel Unlimited up to 15 Mbps Internet and unlimited 'any network' calls up to 15 minutes per call; 1499 baht. But I'm not sure about it's reliability. Some people complain about slow speeds.

If 60 minutes per month of 'any network' calls is enough, then he can choose practically any SIM package that suits. The cheapest being from DTAC, starting at 1490 baht

https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-dtac-turbo-x100-select

https://www.alottechs.com/product/sim-dtac-infinity-x100-select

Thank you very much.

We live in outer Isaan and have True and 3BB coverage, not sure of what else.

The DTAC 1490 baht could be OK, I see the package says any network, but will the package communicate with True or 3BB?

It's going to be a nightmare what ever package he gets, but .... I just do what I'm told. 🙂

1 minute ago, Gobbler said:

I could point you to Lazada choices that will take your money and not work. Would that be better? 

I'm the OP and thank you for the reply and that would not be better. 🙂

8 minutes ago, carlyai said:

Thank you very much.

We live in outer Isaan and have True and 3BB coverage, not sure of what else.

The DTAC 1490 baht could be OK, I see the package says any network, but will the package communicate with True or 3BB?

It's going to be a nightmare what ever package he gets, but .... I just do what I'm told. 🙂

3BB is not a mobile network.  Neither is TRUE. Don't mix these things up.

The DTAC SIM includes unlimited calls to TrueMove and DTAC numbers. 60 minutes per month to any others.

If the area has good TrueMove coverage, then perhaps get the Truemove SIM or at least check if anyone has DTAC around there beforehand.

17 minutes ago, NowNow said:

3BB is not a mobile network.  Neither is TRUE. Don't mix these things up.

And here we go again...........................................................................................🤪

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

I'll be sure to tell my phone this information.  It has been on True for more than 7 years. 

TrueMove is the mobile network. TRUE can be TV or Fibre or.... 

3BB is owned by AIS, but is also not a mobile network. That Fibre etc

6 minutes ago, marin said:

And here we go again...........................................................................................🤪

Do you ever post anything where you think beforehand? I've just come from a thread where you claimed someone's Samsung A73 is a cheap phone and they were lucky to get two years out of it. Idiotic. They weren't impressed with your comment, after spending 18,000 baht.

So let's have less of your useless comment and a bit more intelligence, if you please.

The  OP is quite vague about the use of the SIM card.
If it's NOT about data/internet usage there is no need to search for 12 month etc. then every prepaid SIM from the phone shops/booths is OK. Will need minimum use of 10 Baht/month at AIS(1/2call).

Basically there is only the choice between AIS(1/2 call), True and DTAC (swallowed by True).

If it IS about data usage I recommend online ordering a GOMO SIM (AIS network).

I have one as a second SIM but had to ask the daughter to register (did work for Thai citizens only).

The 150 GB (unlimited speed) one year package for 999 Baht incl. 300 min calls to all networks.

Should suffice in most cases.

Lower volume packages available.

https://gomo.th/

gomo.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The  OP is quite vague about the use of the SIM card.
If it's NOT about data/internet usage there is no need to search for 12 month etc. then every prepaid SIM from the phone shops/booths is OK. Will need minimum use of 10 Baht/month at AIS(1/2call).

Basically there is only the choice between AIS(1/2 call), True and DTAC (swallowed by True).

If it IS about data usage I recommend online ordering a GOMO SIM (AIS network).

I have one as a second SIM but had to ask the daughter to register (did work for Thai citizens only).

The 150 GB (unlimited speed) one year package for 999 Baht incl. 300 min calls to all networks.

Should suffice in most cases.

Lower volume packages available.

https://gomo.th/

gomo.jpg

12.5GB of data and 25 minutes of calls monthly? On what basis do you state that will suffice?

Apart from that, GoMo(AIS) is certainly worthy of consideration.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NowNow said:

Don't ignore D-TAC, now owned by TRUE.  It still seems to be running as a separate entity, perhaps having to do with bandwidth allocations.

1 minute ago, dddave said:

Don't ignore D-TAC, now owned by TRUE.  It still seems to be running as a separate entity, perhaps having to do with bandwidth allocations.

Mentioned them earlier. OP needs to check with the people around for best coverage.

I wonder.  The OP mentioned that the person needing the SIM is mentally challenged.  Are there any specific SIMs offered by the networks targeted at kids with selective access to the internet and apps.  Maybe something like that would be appropriate.

1 minute ago, dddave said:

I wonder.  The OP mentioned that the person needing the SIM is mentally challenged.  Are there any specific SIMs offered by the networks targeted at kids with selective access to the internet and apps.  Maybe something like that would be appropriate.

Networks may even offer special packages. I think Truemove do. I'll post a link if I can find one.

58 minutes ago, NowNow said:

12.5GB of data and 25 minutes of calls monthly? On what basis do you state that will suffice?

Apart from that, GoMo(AIS) is certainly worthy of consideration.

Is that your thread?

The op refers to a mentally disabled brother in law.

And from the OP I don't see a high volume influencer.

The op writes about "calling" and again what else then a prepaid 50 Baht SIM is needed! And of course he can "connect" (call) to every network.

But as everybody seems to feed his own thread/needs etc I better stay out here.

13 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Is that your thread?

The op refers to a mentally disabled brother in law.

And from the OP I don't see a high volume influencer.

The op writes about "calling" and again what else then a prepaid 50 Baht SIM is needed! And of course he can "connect" (call) to every network.

But as everybody seems to feed his own thread/needs etc I better stay out here.

A lot of words for nothing. Especially when someone is mostly in agreement with you.

They might find an interest in media now that they have a phone. None of us know, so none of us can say what will suffice right now.

GoMo was worth mentioning and I wrote as much. Where is the argument? No need for you to throw your toys out of your perambulator.

3 hours ago, NowNow said:

Pish posh. My phone says TRUE at the top. Stop gaslighting us. 

37 minutes ago, Gobbler said:

Pish posh. My phone says TRUE at the top. Stop gaslighting us. 

Come on now, don't be silly.

TrueMove H

True 5G

TrueWiFi

TrueOnline

TrueID

TrueYou

TrueVisions

All will have the TRUE logo. 

I have pay as you go DTAC Happy Sim from years ago. I have used this offer more than a year now.                                                                                                                      "The Unlimited net10Mbps+Free call any network 179B/30d has been renewed and can be used until 07-10-2024 00:00 Hrs. Next cycle will be auto renewal. Please refill to cover package price or until package cancellation. To check usage, dial *101*1# To check usage, expiry or cancel package at dtac app click free http://dtac.co.th/s/BIKMU"  It shows up in msg with special offers.