White Culture

5 hours ago, BruceWayne said:

Same problem in America - because of PC woke NO ONE is allowed to joke about ANYTHING or anyone claiming mUh viCtim StaTUs .

So NO jokes are allowed to be made about about wimmin, blacks, asians, gypsies, jews, indians, old people, the short, the tall, people with big feet, people with big noses, stupid people, queer people, gay people, smelly people, posh people and so on.

Interestingly it's still open season on whites AND men - so trashing / dunking on white men - even old white men is perfectly acceptable.

Joking or poking at ANYTHING ELSE is forbidden on TV hence u get the impression that UK talent has dried up.

It hasn't irl.  People are still funny but they aren't allowed to get on.

WOKE HAS KILLED THE JOKE.

Andrew Lawrence is an example of a comedian who was cancelled by the BBC et al for being 'unwoke'.

His stand up IS decent but his youtube channel is not comedy based - just a wry look at what's going on in the UK that UK readers might appreciate)

This isn't a funny 'bit' but he explains woke hypocrisy that kills comedy.

Below that Rowan explains why free speech is an imperative.

Sadly pubs and twitter X seem to be the only public places and spaces  where people can actually say what's on the mind. 

Current UK Govt is working to end that tho by banning smoking in pub gardens are generally legislating pubs out of business.  The battle continues....

SPEAK YA CLOUT!

It seems like the woke stuff is becomjng more ridicioulous over time. It's pushing the boundry because nobody can say anything. Do you get somebody who gets off on identifying as a "trans, fairae, bi, hers, women's toilet, non identifying conformist..." and part of the appeal is everyone has to accept it no matter how crazy it is.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I kinda resonate with the comment.

I'm a total American Anglophile, and I have loved British comedy in the past. Fawlty Towers, which is the best  Blackadder Goes Forth, Gavin and Stacy you can't beat them.

Now I'm a naughty boy and I use DNS masking to watch UK channels. Maybe it's just my age but I just don't find a lot of modern British comedy that funny anymore

Oh, and unlike a lot of my fellow Americans I never found Benny Hill funny

Yes, it's a widely held view that current British comedy is  not as good as it used to be. John Cleese has commented on this, and said that nobody would produce Monty Python today. It is most likely connected with the current crop of TV executives being mostly women, who are naturally unfunny and naturally inclined towards woke PC-dom. Even Jerry Seinfeld said this kills comedy.

10 hours ago, JimTripper said:

It seems like the woke stuff is becomjng more ridicioulous over time. It's pushing the boundry because nobody can say anything. Do you get somebody who gets off on identifying as a "trans, fairae, bi, hers, women's toilet, non identifying conformist..." and part of the appeal is everyone has to accept it no matter how crazy it is.

You are responding to a so called "problem"  in America where we have the vile 1st Amendment to the Constitution. So, just go ahead and say it.  Nobody is stopping you.

On 9/29/2024 at 5:34 PM, JimTripper said:

Thai supremacy has that weird sneer aspect that they seem to have perfected. I don't see it in other cultures. It's a particular way of looking down on something I have not encountered before. One could call it passive-aggressive I suppose. It seems to be almost a perversion of the smile, exhibiting a particular facial gesture.

To me it's more repulsive then a white guy mouthing off or shouting slurs, or that sort of thing.

Very true...but we are richer, so they try to hide it...🤣