1-year extension based on your original Non Imm O Visa WITHOUT having a Thai bank-account

2 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Why do you assume that people who don't have a Thai bank account have only a single foreign debit card and that their whole life depends on it?

Most folk would have a "MAIN" debit card.

True many (myself included) have another "secondary" debit can with another bank.

I have just had my main bank debit card locked due to fraud.

My back up card with another bank has only couple of K aud in it. 

8 minutes ago, Surasak said:

Revolut.

Google is your friend.

Fees, charges and exchange rates for using your Revolut card abroad

Now, how much will it cost you to use your Revolut card abroad? Here are the key costs and charges you need to know about:

Transaction Fee
Currency exchange - Monday to Friday Free⁵
Currency exchange - weekends 1%⁵
ATM withdrawals up to limit (£200 to £2,000 a month, depending on plan) 2%⁶
Spending more than your plan’s exchange limit a month in foreign currency 1% for Standard plans; 0.5% for Plus plans; Free for Premium or Metal plans⁵

One of the most important charges to pay attention to from the above is the 1% fee for currency exchange at weekends. Revolut doesn’t charge fees for spending or withdrawing in a foreign currency during the week, but this fee could make it more expensive to spend at weekends. Which unfortunately, is when many people like to take mini breaks to foreign cities.

Revolut exchange rates

Revolut uses their own Revolut exchange rate which they set themselves.⁷ It can differ from the mid-market exchange rate, also known as interbank rate, which can be considered as the most up-to-date rate you can get, but are only used by a handful of money services providers, including Wise.

If the exchange rate used isn’t the mid-market rate or an interbank rate, you may find that it includes a margin or a mark-up to the mid-market rate. This is how some banks and service providers make a profit, but it means you essentially lose money on the transaction.

International spending and cash withdrawal limits with Revolut

To help you choose a Revolut plan and watch out for extra fees when spending abroad, here are the main limits you need to know about:⁶

Plans ATM withdrawal limit Foreign currency spending limit
Standard - free £200/mo or 5 withdrawals £1,000/mo
Plus - £3.99/mo £200/mo or 5 withdrawals £3,000mo
Premium - £7.99/mo £400/mo Unlimited
Metal - £14.99/mo £800/mo Unlimited
Ultra - $45/mo £2,000/mo Unlimited

On 9/29/2024 at 1:31 PM, Red Phoenix said:

My immediate reaction on the above < getting a 1-year extension based on your original Non Imm O Visa WITHOUT having a Thai bank-account > was that that is not possible.  But it seems that it IS possible at some Thai Immigration Offices.

And here is the case: Today I met somebody who was already staying 3 years in Thailand on 1-year extensions based on his original Non Imm O Visa who does NOT have a Thai bank-account.

And he was not bvllsh1tting me, as he showed me his Passport with the approved 1-year extensions for his Non Imm O Visa based on marriage.

Here some background:

3 years ago this Swedish guy applied for a 90-day Non Imm O Visa for reason of marriage at the Thai Embassy in Sweden, which was granted.  He then moved to Thailand and at the end of the 90-days of that Non Imm O Visa he applied for the 1-year extension. 

He did - and still does - NOT have a Thai bank-account, but he uses the income-method and provides the Imm Office with the pension-statement from his Swedish pension-provider that he receives monthly an amount in excess of 40.000 THB as pension income.  He has that document officially translated in Thai and stamped by the Swedish Embassy in Bangkok. 

And that document is accepted by his local Immigration Office as proof of income with no need of showing transfers to a personal Thai bank-account.

Obviously a large number of Imm Offices would NOT accept the above, and would want him to show proof of having made monthly transfers of +40.000,- THB  to his personal Thai bank-account.  But indeed that's a local Imm Office interpretation, and HIS local Imm Office does not require it, as it is not in the official regulations that you need to transfer the pension-income funds to a personal Thai bank-account in order to be eligible for the 1-year extension.

So instead of going through the hassle of having your pension-income transferred to your Thai bank-account, and getting hold of the Bank-account statement and Bank-transfers of monthly income, it would be worthwhile to check with your local Imm Office if they actually need the Bank-documents or whether an Embassy stamped document of your home-country's pension-provider would be accepted for meeting the financial requirement. 

There are many embassies that do NOT issue this letter to "Whom it may concern" about your monthly pension income. Sweden and Norway do, others I do not know. I used to have a Non O for 9 years until Covid and it expired. I will get it back when I return this year. I do have a bank account, but need only that letter from my Embassy to get the Non O. I am Norwegian.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, harryviking said:

It is a VISA that is being extended! It is not an "extension" that is being extended!

After 9 years you should use correct description of your status in Thailand.

Your non O is expired long ago.

That visa provided a 90 day permission of stay (permit).

Since then you have been extending your permission of stay annually.

NOT your visa..

45 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Google is your friend.

Fees, charges and exchange rates for using your Revolut card abroad

Now, how much will it cost you to use your Revolut card abroad? Here are the key costs and charges you need to know about:

Transaction Fee
Currency exchange - Monday to Friday Free⁵
Currency exchange - weekends 1%⁵
ATM withdrawals up to limit (£200 to £2,000 a month, depending on plan) 2%⁶
Spending more than your plan’s exchange limit a month in foreign currency 1% for Standard plans; 0.5% for Plus plans; Free for Premium or Metal plans⁵

One of the most important charges to pay attention to from the above is the 1% fee for currency exchange at weekends. Revolut doesn’t charge fees for spending or withdrawing in a foreign currency during the week, but this fee could make it more expensive to spend at weekends. Which unfortunately, is when many people like to take mini breaks to foreign cities.

Revolut exchange rates

Revolut uses their own Revolut exchange rate which they set themselves.⁷ It can differ from the mid-market exchange rate, also known as interbank rate, which can be considered as the most up-to-date rate you can get, but are only used by a handful of money services providers, including Wise.

If the exchange rate used isn’t the mid-market rate or an interbank rate, you may find that it includes a margin or a mark-up to the mid-market rate. This is how some banks and service providers make a profit, but it means you essentially lose money on the transaction.

International spending and cash withdrawal limits with Revolut

To help you choose a Revolut plan and watch out for extra fees when spending abroad, here are the main limits you need to know about:⁶

Plans ATM withdrawal limit Foreign currency spending limit
Standard - free £200/mo or 5 withdrawals £1,000/mo
Plus - £3.99/mo £200/mo or 5 withdrawals £3,000mo
Premium - £7.99/mo £400/mo Unlimited
Metal - £14.99/mo £800/mo Unlimited
Ultra - $45/mo £2,000/mo Unlimited

SO? Currency exchange Monday to Friday.  FREE!

I don't change at weekends......

ATM charges. Very rarely use ATMs.

I spend within my plans limit.

I Did incur a fee last week @B44.75 making an exchange late on a Friday, =£1:00  BIG DEAL! I had to forego my Magnum on the Wednesday.

I use the card to best advantage, which suits me.

Let me just say, don't judge others by your own way of living or standards. I do what I do and am quite happy doing it at minimal cost to me and my family. We have a very good business which provides well for us all. It wont make us rich, but equally we don't go without.

I have no intention of telling you how to spend your money, and I'm damned if I will take instruction from you on how to spend mine.

Equally, you have a choice to block me.....

On 9/29/2024 at 2:31 PM, owl sees all said:

And if the card gets stolen, lost or damaged?

I have two credit cards and one debit card I can use if I did not have an bank account, or transferred to my wife if I didnt had any bank account. 

You can transfer from your bank in orign country to any western union office?