Feel sorry for AN posters who bought electric

Celsius

4 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

@vinny41 this is a personal question, and you don’t have to answer if you’re uncomfortable: what did you do in your previous professional life? :smile:

Since leaving school I have worked in IT, the early mainframes had 32kb ram lots of flashing lights single processing paper tape and punch cards for inputing data into the computer

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

If you knew what you were talking about, it would help.

The number of BYD’s on One2Car changes every day, it’s a very buoyant market with high demand. I’m trying to buy a 2nd hand Good Cat for my youngest daughter, but they are too expensive, new are a better buy.

I know what I'm talking about. The number of BYD's doesn't change much on One2Car, or maybe you mean increase every day, because stock doesn't get sold, and you just mentioned the very reason for that.

New is a better buy for the simple reason that there are more discounts every day, so second hand doesn't sell.

If only you knew what you were talking about

12 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Since leaving school I have worked in IT, the early mainframes had 32kb ram lots of flashing lights single processing paper tape and punch cards for inputing data into the computer

thank you for your response.

may i ask for a favor? could you be a part of an experiment for 7 days? you're excellent at fact-checking posts from ev owners.

could you do the same thing for one week, specifically focusing on ev skeptics and critics?

i do appreciate your contribution to providing a balanced perspective on electric cars. :thumbsup:

Edited by motdaeng
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CallumWK said:

I know what I'm talking about. The number of BYD's doesn't change much on One2Car, or maybe you mean increase every day, because stock doesn't get sold, and you just mentioned the very reason for that.

New is a better buy for the simple reason that there are more discounts every day, so second hand doesn't sell.

If only you knew what you were talking about

Only one of us has an EV and knows his subject matter.

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Charging an EV off peak is a win win for both the consumer and the supplier.

But not the environment. But if your personal goal is saving money then sure. (to clarify: I see nothing wrong with it, just call a spade a spade - it's not green unless you make effort making it green i.e. solar etc)

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, G_Money said:

The Energy Secretary had a bad day.  As most EV owners have.

IMG_4129.thumb.jpeg.5848b4cb8131b7a7f10a5712de29f8d8.jpeg

IMG_4130.jpeg

US made EV and US charging infrastructure. No wonder she’s having a bad day. No such issues in Thailand with Chinese made EVs, I’m glad to report.

Screenshot_2024-10-01-10-39-30-12_81f1f2a7645d6c0a59bb353c339b6a1c.thumb.jpeg.62495f82efd82008870157e487017c90.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, PingRoundTheWorld said:

But not the environment. But if your personal goal is saving money then sure. (to clarify: I see nothing wrong with it, just call a spade a spade - it's not green unless you make effort making it green i.e. solar etc)

Governments all over the world are going green, some faster than others.

In the UK the last coal fired power station will close this week.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

That's great for the UK (really!), but now how about Thailand? :cheesy:

Good point. Thais buy EV because they are cheap. Will continue burning....because it is cheap.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

That's great for the UK (really!), but now how about Thailand? :cheesy:

Thailand is executing a plan to go greener, IMHO they could do better.

Thailand’s EV subsidies, EV targets and going green generally are all part of a master plan.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Celsius said:

Good point. Thais buy EV because they are cheap. Will continue burning....because it is cheap.

Being green or doing something good for the planet had absolutely nothing to do with my decision to buy an EV, it was entirely selfish, I just wanted a better quality drive experience. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

There are meme’s like this all over the internet.

They are all fake.  No EV will let you engage drive with a charging cable attached to the car.

Right!

Never said it was for driving.  Charging when no legitimate charger available or out of service.

IMG_4119.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

Edited by G_Money

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Thailand’s EV subsidies, EV targets and going green generally are all part of a master plan.

Again- EVs are not green unless they replace fossil fuel burning electric plants with renewable or nuclear. Are there feasible plans to do so? (genuinely asking - are there?)

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Right!

Never said it was for driving.  Charging when no legitimate charger available or out of service.

Except what you see on the Internet shows the charging cable plugged into the car, it doesn’t matter whether the generator is running or not, you cannot engage drive with a cable in the socket.

That’s why they are all staged and fake.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, G_Money said:

The tree huggers won’t be happy.

IMG_4131.jpeg

I didn’t realise that petrol and diesel etc fell from the sky directly into the fuel tanks of ICEVs. Thanks for yet another amazing revelation. I’m learning lots today.

To other less informed posters, does getting the fossil fuel needed for an ICEV into the fuel tank more or less polluting than electricity transmtted over electrical cables to charge an EV? I have never seen an electron tanker (as opposed to a fuel tanker) transporting electrons to a charging station.

Edited by Gweiloman
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Except what you see on the Internet shows the charging cable plugged into the car, it doesn’t matter whether the generator is running or not, you cannot engage drive with a cable in the socket.

That’s why they are all staged and fake.

Negative.

the photos I posted are not fake.  Look harder.

Buy 2 generators.  1 for the carrier you have to have welded and 1 in your trunk to loan out when only 1 legitimate charger is working and there are 6 cars waiting in front of yours.

30 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

the electric vehicle industry is a rapidly evolving project, advancing at an unprecedented pace.

the development of electric vehicles is still in its early stages, with enormous potential for the future.

however, various sectors surrounding e-mobility are struggling to keep up with this pace and require constant adjustments.

we are seeing this now with insurance and other areas ...

interesting times lie ahead! 

Personally I think with the current state of the economy that the Goverment should give a lifetime to Brands building EV's in Thailand  to meet the requirements of EV 3.0 and EV 3.5

at the moment Brands are building in numbers to avoid huge fines reportely ranging from B500K-B700K

Its pointless building huge numbers if it doesn't match potential sellers

Postpone the requirments of EV 3.0 and EV 3.5 for 2 years with conditions

such as when you restart local content must be a minimum of 80% from day 1

and 2nd condition end huge price reductions as it brings stability  to the market for everyone from finance,insurance end customer and the manufacturers themselves

as most of the vehicles purchased in Thailand are purchased on finance the one thing you will never see is the finance company contacting the end customer and saying we have noticed brand X has reduced the price of your vehicle so we have taken the proactive approach of reducing the capital amount to reflect that

at the moment buyers that purchased at launch price if they are unlucky to have an accident that writes off their vehicle the capital amount on the insurance means they can walk away without having to pay a huge additional amount to the finance company

Now if insurance starts reducing the capital amount by 30% each year its more likely they will end up with negative equity on the vehicle if they sell or the vehicle is written off

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Negative.

the photos I posted are not fake.  Look harder.

Buy 2 generators.  1 for the carrier you have to have welded and 1 in your trunk to loan out when only 1 legitimate charger is working and there are 6 cars waiting in front of yours.

Actually, your pictures hadn’t loaded when I replied, I was referring to other Internet memes. Also, I suspect those photos are staged.

9 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Right!

IMG_4119.jpeg

IMG_4118.jpeg

Surely you’re not so ignorant as to think that these pictures are real?

Think about it (challenging I know but try nevertheless). You get home and realise that you only have sufficient petrol for another 5 kms but the nearest petrol station is 10 kms away. What will you do? I get home in my EV and horror or horrors, I only have sufficient range of 1 km. Fortunately, my charger is only 2 metres away. Relieved, I plug it in, enter my house, shower, relax with a highball, have a great dinner, watch a movie or two and retire for the night, to awake the next morning with a fully charged battery and a range of 450 km. Oh, did I forget to mention that it also only cost less than Thb 200?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

29 minutes ago, motdaeng said:

thank you for your response.

may i ask for a favor? could you be a part of an experiment for 7 days? you're excellent at fact-checking posts from ev owners.

could you do the same thing for one week, specifically focusing on ev skeptics and critics?

i do appreciate your contribution to providing a balanced perspective on electric cars. :thumbsup:

Thanks for that Post I will try but I do tend to ignore some of the more outlandish claims made on this forum

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Actually, your pictures hadn’t loaded when I replied, I was referring to other Internet memes. Also, I suspect those photos are staged.

I can post 30+ more photos of generators mounted on the back of EV’s if you like.

Real vehicles in real traffic.  Not staged 

9 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Surely you’re not so ignorant as to think that these pictures are real?

Think about it (challenging I know but try nevertheless). You get home and realise that you only have sufficient petrol for another 5 kms but the nearest petrol station is 10 kms away. What will you do? I get home in my EV and horror or horrors, I only have sufficient range of 1 km. Fortunately, my charger is only 2 metres away. Relieved, I plug it in, enter my house, shower, relax with a highball, have a great dinner, watch a movie or two and retire for the night, to awake the next morning with a fully charged battery and a range of 450 km. Oh, did I forget to mention that it also only cost less than Thb 200?

They are real.

What makes you think they’re not? 

People don’t like being stranded in an EV.

That’s why the need for a generator 

Edited by G_Money

4 minutes ago, G_Money said:

They are real.

What makes you think they’re not? 

People don’t like being stranded in an EV.

That’s why the need for a generator 

My oh my, you really are.. And to think that I thought I was getting some real revelations from you. I was also thinking that ICEVs never run out of gas and never get stranded but I’m not so sure now.

No one that I know has a petrol pump in their house. But every house that I’ve been to has a power outlet with which to charge my EV if needed. I reckon the chances of getting stranded in an EV is less than the alternative.

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, G_Money said:

I can post 30+ more photos of generators mounted on the back of EV’s if you like.

Real vehicles in real traffic.  Not staged 

Simple question. Have you ever seen it for yourself in real life? Or just off the internet?

• Thumbs Up 1