Feel sorry for AN posters who bought electric

Celsius

4 minutes ago, CLW said:

What a nonsense. Car prices decline for ICE and EV cars. 

Yes indeed, the only difference is that NEW Chinese EV cars are on fire sale.

So do you think that someone who buys a new EV at price X, and next year the same car cost new 20% less, that the second hand value of the 1 year old car is calculated on the price he paid 1 year ago, or the current new price?

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

US made EV and US charging infrastructure. No wonder she’s having a bad day. No such issues in Thailand with Chinese made EVs, I’m glad to report.

Screenshot_2024-10-01-10-39-30-12_81f1f2a7645d6c0a59bb353c339b6a1c.thumb.jpeg.62495f82efd82008870157e487017c90.jpeg

How many are actually working?  Have you tested them all?

T.I.T.  What you SEE is not always what you get.

You think Thai competence in this field is first rate?  As in their other endeavors.

Edited by G_Money
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

please do

A few more.  Just for you.

What I find most fascinating is the last few photos.

FOSSIL FUELS required to operate an EV charging station

PRICELRSS!

The Solar Panels are duly noted also!

By all means.  Keep your dreams alive!

IMG_4132.jpeg

IMG_4133.jpeg

IMG_4134.jpeg

IMG_4136.jpeg

IMG_4138.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_4140.jpeg

IMG_4141.jpeg

IMG_4142.jpeg

IMG_4144.jpeg

IMG_4145.jpeg

Edited by G_Money
  • Haha 1

On 9/30/2024 at 10:29 AM, Celsius said:

Not because they are bad, but because the prices will keep dropping.

Did not most who glorify these cheap cars bought at half a million more?

LOLZ

byd-1-1024x1024.webp

Hence i bought 3 in that campaighn above but all 2024  2 premium and 1 long range .

Saveing a fortune on fuel .

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I didn’t realise that ICE vehicles don’t catch fire. Thanks for that revelation.

On the other hand, I don’t feel sorry for having bought an EV. In fact I’m delighted that I’m saving thousands of baht every month not having to spend money on petrol and other consumables that ICEVs require. It’s even more satisfying currently thanks to the free charging given by BYD to some of the earlier buyers. I especially value the quiet time I have watching videos on my huge infotainment screen while charging, in air conditioned comfort. All for free of course.

Cost to charge your EV is zero  ?

Simple question. Have you ever seen it for yourself in real life? Or just off the internet?

I have seen it in real life.  Thanks for asking.

No , I didn’t get a photo 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, G_Money said:

How many are actually working?  Have you tested them all?

T.I.T.  What you SEE is not always what you get.

You think Thai competence in this field is first rate?  As in their other endeavors.

Well, I’m yet to come across one that’s not working when I want it to.

I agree that Thai competence is not first rate but it seems to be superior to what’s available in the US. All those examples you gave are of American cars and owners. Tells a lot about the competence of the average car owner and by extrapolation, the authorities responsible for establishing a working infrastructure 

• Love It 1

24 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

I agree that Thai competence is not first rate but it seems to be superior to what’s available in the US. All those examples you gave are of American cars and owners. Tells a lot about the competence of the average car owner and by extrapolation, the authorities responsible for establishing a working infrastructure 

So how many charging stations have you been to?  Approximately 

All over Thailand or only close by you home?

On 9/30/2024 at 10:35 AM, impulse said:

Out of curiosity, when a car is listed at 1 million baht, what's the total, including tax, title, license, dealer prop, delivery, loan origination fees, etc.  (Leave out loan interest, just the origination fees)

I used 1 million to keep the math simple...

My car was listed 1326000thb and that's what I payed so far. Now driving with red plates. I went to get it, so no delivery and I payed it completely, so no loan.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, G_Money said:

So how many charging stations have you been to?  Approximately 

All over Thailand or only close by you home?

Excellent question. Answer is very few because contrary to what non EV owners think, we seldom charge anywhere other than at home. For the 1st year of my ownership, I charged at a public charging station for a total of 0 times (zero, nil). There was no need to.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, chipperPDU said:

My car was listed 1326000thb and that's what I payed so far. Now driving with red plates. I went to get it, so no delivery and I payed it completely, so no loan.

Good info.  In the USA, if the sticker is $30,000, the dealer will try to add $1,000 for prep, another $500 for delivery (even if it's already on their lot), plus sales tax, etc. etc. 

They advertise one price, but the price you pay can be $$thousands more, depending on negotiating skill, popularity, and availability.

Edited by impulse

38 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Look closely at those photos and license plates.  They’re not all American.

Asia Europe and others equally represented.

5 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

Excellent question. Answer is very few because contrary to what non EV owners think, we seldom charge anywhere other than at home. For the 1st year of my ownership, I charged at a public charging station for a total of 0 times (zero, nil). There was no need to.

4 minutes ago, Gweiloman said:

So you had to have a charger installed at home?  I doubt an extension cord (110 in US) would work.

So the moral of the story is they are really only good for local around the house, not too far traveling.

Long distance is a crap shoot.  Generator on back.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

18 minutes ago, G_Money said:

So you had to have a charger installed at home?  I doubt an extension cord (110 in US) would work.

So the moral of the story is they are really only good for local around the house, not too far traveling.

Long distance is a crap shoot.  Generator on back.

All these threads & posts from experienced BEV owners, and you're still extremely ignorant (to be kind).

Nuff said ... :coffee1:

Not just you, but so many of the anti EV / CN folks just repeating the same false drivel.   Do y'all really get that big a kick out of trolling the threads ?

Along with comparing TH to other countries EV development or lack of.

Nothing wrong with ignorance, as been there done that, but after 10's of threads and 100's of posts, you'd think some of it would sink in.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Agree 2

You can charge an EV with a generator every time and you'll still always get much further on the electricity from that generator than you would by burning the same amount of gasoline or diesel in an internal combustion engine powered car. The mechanical efficiency of electric motors being six to eight times greater ensures this. It's not as good as cleaner sources of electricity, but charging with fossil fuels only partly negates the carbon savings of an EV. It doesn't eliminate them. The quality of the generator will also affect the efficiency, but again, it doesn't come close to eliminating it.

Edited by troy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Insurance in turmoil: EV price cuts continue, plans to "reduce capital - increase premiums" are being adjusted..

EV dump prices affect insurance capital
An insider in the non-life insurance business revealed to “Prachachat Business” that as a result of the price war for electric vehicles (EVs) in China, where prices have been repeatedly reduced since the beginning of the year, and most recently, Reve Automotive, the distributor and service provider of Chinese EVs under the BYD brand in Thailand, announced a price reduction of the BYD Dolphin small electric car model by up to 160,099 baht, and NETA Thailand decided to reduce the price of the NETA V-II EV model by up to 50,000 baht to compete and stimulate sales. This situation has had a significant impact on the car insurance business as wel

“Now each insurance company is reducing the insurance capital of new EV cars and it is expected that the insurance capital in the future will decrease by 30% per year, not just 10% anymore because the price of EV cars is quite dynamic. Every company has to think and act again because if the insurance capital of EV cars is more expensive than the second-hand price, there will be fraud,” said the source....: https://www.prachachat.net/finance/news-1598803

We renew ourselves this month, and I'm interested myself, what the total loss value will be.

As you know (for others), free 1st yr insurance was 960k vs 949k purchase price.

2nd year (1st renewal), value @ 840k,   New purchase MSRP price has gone from 949K to 869k down to very recent new MSRP price of 829k, with 599k promo, still going, if can find.   Best value out there IMHO, for B-class SUV (BEV or ICEV).

I'm thinking new total loss value will be 700-725k.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, troy said:

You can charge an EV with a generator every time and you'll still always get much further on the electricity from that generator than you would by burning the same amount of gasoline or diesel in an internal combustion engine powered car. The mechanical efficiency of electric motors being six to eight times greater ensures this. It's not as good as cleaner sources of electricity, but charging with fossil fuels only partly negates the carbon savings of an EV. It doesn't eliminate them. The quality of the generator will also affect the efficiency, but again, it doesn't come close to eliminating it.

You would have a hard time convincing me that a $500, 5KW Honda generator is more efficient than a late model $30,000 ICE.  The auto companies have spent $billions to get their engines more efficient to meet CAFE (and int'l) requirements.  The Honda (or Polo) gensets?  Not so much.   As long as they don't billow smoke, customers have no clue how efficient they may (or may not) be.

Edited by impulse

So that simply means you don't venture far from home, nothing else. Consider a bicycle; they're more efficient yet.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, malathione said:

So that simply means you don't venture far from home, nothing else. Consider a bicycle; they're more efficient yet.

It says that EVs are great for some lifestyles, not so ideal for others.  If I ever become a 2 car family again (of me, myself and I), my primary car will be an EV.  Because they're ideal for 80% of my usage.  But totally unsuited for that other 20%, based on current infrastructure and my occasional road trips to the boondocks.

Until the infrastructure matures, I'll stick with ICE because it meets 99% of my needs.  I still need to occasionally hire a big truck for moving stuff, even with a van in the USA and a pickup in Thailand.

But I don't hate EVs.  I'm cheering them on, and hoping the technologies catch on for other uses.  Like (for example) charging the car at night when the electricity is cheap, and using it to power the house when rates skyrocket during peak times.  That could save a lot of us $100's on electricity every month, even if it seldom leaves the driveway.  For others, it's not a benefit.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1