UK Priest Urges Americans to Protect Traditional Values Amid Liberal Trends

Social Media

Reality is a bitch Calvin, the days when a greedy power hungry church could command over the uneducated masses is long gone. I agree that liberalism being decreed by law is wrong but that is no different from the hypocritical tyranny of the church in bygone eras. The pendulum swings left and right but left to its own devices it will settle in the middle.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

The Catholic priests in the UK and beyond have no credence after years of abuse. 

Caholic priests are in no position to lecture anyone. 

Robinson is not a Catholic priest.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Robinson is not a Catholic priest.

You're right, he's not a Catholic priest.

Many of his views and positions go back to the Oxford Movement of the 1830's.

He is a direct descendent of Cardinal Newman.

Welcome to the USA.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Traditional values from a Catholic priest.

Is that the ‘What goes in the vestry stays in the vestry’ kind of traditional values I wonder?!

He is not a Catholic Priest. In fact he is not a Priest, he is not ordained, and cannot minister the Sacraments.

In fact he is a cleric belonging to a church (The Church of England) which was invented purely to allow it's founder, the then monarch Henry VIII, to give faux legitimacy to his political, financial and sexual ambitions.

It is all really rather irrelevant. A church, any church, Protestant or Catholic, exists to serve Almighty God. The Church of England doesn't really convince that it actually believes in God. Conversely it is "big on" political prosletysing, albeit in a direction with which Mr Robinson finds himself at odds.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mdr224 said:

And if not, the west is about to go full retard

As evinced by you and @JonnyF. What a pair! You see Trump as the saviour of western civilization. Even Putin wouldn't go that far. Trump is a boorish, uncultured oaf. He has no claims on western civilization. In fact, he has nothing to do with western civilization. Maybe it would be better if the US cut all ties with Europe. Seems we have nothing in common under a Trump administration.

• Confused 2

People never define what they mean by traditional values. Could mean anything.

What these religious people forget is the original values of Jesus would now be called hard-line Communist before Marx even wrote about it.

- gave away free bread and fish to all

- said rich people will not go to heaven (camel, eye of needle etc.)

- physically assaulted money lenders (bankers) for charging interest

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

If you want to become multicultural and let other cultures in, that’s something you have to consider. But do not give it up to the detriment of your own," he warned.” Ah, younglings, welcome to a country founded as a multicultural nation. My forebears came to the British colony of New Jersey in the 1600s, the Swedes and Dutch, as well as the Lenape were already there. Some of my Quaker kin came from England but by way of Ireland. The French were west of the Appalachian’s, Spanish in Florida and a good deal of the SW.can’t forget the Russians in Alaska down into Oregon. My German 5th GGrandfather was at Valley Forge … well, welcome to the USA.

• Agree 2