Toppings for toast?

scubascuba3

22 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Generally i have jam on toast for breakfast, sometimes fancy something savoury and healthy, any recommendations?

Not including cheese, marmite, Vegemite, peanut butter

Tomatoes and cucumbers, no butter on the bread.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keeps said:

A dash of Lea and Perrins Worcestershire sauce on grilled toms on toast is tasty. I believe there is a Thai version of Worcestershire sauce that I am told is very similar but I don't know the name. 

Both of those are OK but not good enough.

For the real gourmet experience you need to get Hendersons Relish

It is available in Thailand.

Anyone here from Sheffield will tell you that Henderson's is 100% better than L&P

22 hours ago, Celsius said:

A mega spoon of NUTELLA

Please read the ingredients list on Nutella. Mostly oil & fat. Minimum hazelnuts.

Now make your own in a blender with a splash of oil and salt, as you would with peanuts.

Just now, KannikaP said:

Please read the ingredients list on Nutella. Mostly oil & fat. Minimum hazelnuts.

Now make your own in a blender with a splash of oil and salt, as you would with peanuts.

Yea... I know. It is mostly once every few months and it is on fresh bread not toast.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Yea... I know. It is mostly once every few months and it is on fresh bread not toast.

Oh, so the fresh bread makes the Nutella healthier, yes?

The Nutella will have passed it's Use By date if you only use every few months.

On 10/1/2024 at 11:58 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Generally i have jam on toast for breakfast, sometimes fancy something savoury and healthy, any recommendations?

Not including cheese, marmite, Vegemite, peanut butter

Well, if you want something healthy and savoury and you exclude Vegemite then you are not serious. Did you know that Vegemite is made from the left-over yeast  after the beer is brewed at the breweries .you couldn't get anything more healthy than that !! In Australia mothers put it on babies dummies to pacify them.

23 hours ago, Grumpy one said:

Vegemite of course  :smile:

Vegemite is a thick, dark brown Australian food spread made from leftover brewers' yeast extract with various vegetable and spice additives.

Doesn´t that sound delicious! 🤣