IRAN ATTACKS ISRAEL

CharlieH

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Bet'cha Israelis are praying that the US and UK don't get into a hot war in Ukraine... 

I shudder to think how long Israel would last if they didn't have the US at their back, and bribing and threatening all their Muslim neighbors to play nice.

Saudi Arabia and Jordan  and other Countries oppose Iran , Saudi side with Israel more than Iran because Iran are a threat to Saudi and Israel are not a threat to Saudi.

Its nothing to do with the USA.

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No, you tell me under what category of war crime it is .

Posting some random link and telling me to find it myself is cheating .

Now back up your claims in your own words .

Which war crime was committed in the Hezbollah pagers exploding ?

i provided the link... You are too lazy to read yourself and too determined thinking it was ok to hurt innocent people with those explosions. Not even tactical attacks. So go about your business and let's hope Israel does not turn to chemical warfare so you can glamourize that as well. 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Saudi Arabia and Jordan  and other Countries oppose Iran , Saudi side with Israel more than Iran because Iran are a threat to Saudi and Israel are not a threat to Saudi.

Its nothing to do with the USA.   

Do you think for a moment that, if the USA were 110% consumed with a hot war in Ukraine, and too broke and militarily engaged to back up Israel, that the surrounding Muslim countries wouldn't band together and get rid of the Jewish state in their midst? 

Then they'd turn on each other, sure. 

It's US money and US military support that keep that from happening, with help from the UK (out of historic guilt).  If the USA and UK get dragged into WW3 surrounding Ukraine, all bets are off for Israel (and some other places around the world).

Edited by impulse

3 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

i provided the link... You are too lazy to read yourself and too determined thinking it was ok to hurt innocent people with those explosions. Not even tactical attacks. So go about your business and let's hope Israel does not turn to chemical warfare so you can glamourize that as well. 

Your link does not state it was a war crime, I read it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

Your link didn't state which war crime it was . 

You also haven't stated which war crime it was .

I didn't say that it was OK to hurt innocent people .

You really need to wait until any chemical attacks to have happened and then wait for me to glamorise those attacks before you criticise me 🙂

So, what war crimes occurred in the pagers incident ?

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

I feel sorry for their citizens, because Israel will now rightly defend itself with extreme prejudice and it won't end well for Iran. 

It could end well for Iran if the Islamic leadership of Iran is removed .

If the current regime is removed and replaced by some normal people would be beneficial to Iranian people 

2 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I would respectfully suggest this category might cover it; ■ 'killing or wounding treacherously a combatant adversary'.

How on Earth could killing the enemy be a war crime ?

Could you provide  a link to your sentence ?

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It could end well for Iran if the Islamic leadership of Iran is removed .

If the current regime is removed and replaced by some normal people would be beneficial to Iranian people 

Some of the leaders might well be "removed" (from this earth).

Only to be replaced by more of the same (or possibly worse). 

15 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

I would respectfully suggest this category might cover it; ■ 'killing or wounding treacherously a combatant adversary'.

Those only apply where the opposition is a protected person where he has  surrendered or placed in detention or wounded , it doesn't apply to current combatants , those attacked in the pager episode were not protected people and therefore it wasn't a war crime .

"‘War crimes’ are serious violations of international humanitarian law, committed against a protected person or object (civilians, combatants placed out of combat such as in detention or being wounded, or those who have put down their arms

2 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

As i read it... the world courts are trying to find significant proof it was Israel who did it even though it was obvious. And it is a war crime.. 

What are the World Courts doing about the clear war crimes being committed on a daily basis ?

Taking hostages is a war crime .

Killing hostages is a war crime .

The World Court could have a field day prosecuting the numerous  Hamas war crimes .

What is the World Court waiting for ?

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

What are the World Courts doing about the clear war crimes being committed on a daily basis ?

Taking hostages is a war crime .

Killing hostages is a war crime .

The World Court could have a field day prosecuting the numerous  Hamas war crimes .

What is the World Court waiting for ?

I know... not much they can really do without someone being caught in a country that follows that courts decisions.. I was only commenting because i read that court is investigating Israel now for the bombs in communication devices that Israel supposedly planted that hurt so many innocent people. 

2 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

I know... not much they can really do without someone being caught in a country that follows that courts decisions.. I was only commenting because i read that court is investigating Israel now for the bombs in communication devices that Israel supposedly planted that hurt so many innocent people. 

What courts are investigating this? Can you provide a link to where you read this.

1 minute ago, thesetat2013 said:

How many innocent people were hurt and how many terrorists were hurt ?

What was the ratio between enemy combatants and civilians who were hurt ?

I thought that it was about 95 % of those hit were terrorists , which is an extremely good hit rate 

35 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Those only apply where the opposition is a protected person where he has  surrendered or placed in detention or wounded , it doesn't apply to current combatants , those attacked in the pager episode were not protected people and therefore it wasn't a war crime .

"‘War crimes’ are serious violations of international humanitarian law, committed against a protected person or object (civilians, combatants placed out of combat such as in detention or being wounded, or those who have put down their arms

From what I can work out, the booby-trapped pagers were unlawful weapons; 'The pager is being adapted to convert it into a booby-trap of the sort addressed by Article 7(2) of Amended Protocol II and on that basis it would appear, considering what is currently known and assumed, to be an unlawful weapon'.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

From what I can work out, the booby-trapped pagers were unlawful weapons; 'The pager is being adapted to convert it into a booby-trap of the sort addressed by Article 7(2) of Amended Protocol II and on that basis it would appear, considering what is currently known and assumed, to be an unlawful weapon'.

Literally nobody cares.  They were used to take out terrorists with almost zero civilian casualties and did a fine job of it.  

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

What courts are investigating this? Can you provide a link to where you read this.

Well... apparently you are too lazy to google yourself or read what others have said about it with their links. 

I will not copy and paste. You can read it yourself. The world court prosecutor is investigating Israel 

https://www.npr.org/2024/09/23/nx-s1-5100206/was-the-pager-explosion-attack-a-war-crime-the-iccs-lead-prosecutor-weighs-in

Funny thing how Biden steps in for Israel in this article. Something hidden from the news services or perhaps I just never saw it. Shows that Biden/Harris do not care also and support Israel no matter what they do. 

President Biden has called your application for warrants against Israeli leaders outrageous - his word - and also said - and this is his quote - "whatever this prosecutor might imply, " this prosecutor being you, "there is no equivalence - none - between Israel and Hamas." Karim Khan, are you implying equivalence between Israel and Hamas?

Edited by thesetat2013
added Biden comment