Internet For Condo

TBKK

I am interest in purchasing internet broadband for my condo in Pattaya.

I believe 3BB, AIS, and DTAC offer broadband internet for condo in Pattaya.

Does anyone have knowledge or an opinion as to which one of these companies would be the best option regarding price ans speed.

Also, since I stay here six months per year, the option to suspend my service for six months (vacation hold), would be a factor in selecting one of these companies.

1 hour ago, TBKK said:

I am interest in purchasing internet broadband for my condo in Pattaya.

I believe 3BB, AIS, and DTAC offer broadband internet for condo in Pattaya.

Does anyone have knowledge or an opinion as to which one of these companies would be the best option regarding price ans speed.

Also, since I stay here six months per year, the option to suspend my service for six months (vacation hold), would be a factor in selecting one of these companies.

AIS and DTAC are mobile networks....

DTAC  has merged with True   True offers broadband fibre internet

as does 3BB  and the National Telecom company AKA ToT.

there maybe  a couple of other providers  I forgot the names of  but those above are the main ones.

I don't think AIS offers fibre  just cellular  True/Dtac  and NT  also offer a cellular service.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, johng said:

DTAC  has merged with True   True offers broadband fibre internet

as does 3BB  and the National Telecom company AKA ToT.

there maybe  a couple of other providers  I forgot the names of  but those above are the main ones.

I don't think AIS offers fibre  just cellular  True/Dtac  and NT  also offer a cellular service.

AIS/3BB offer fibre to the home.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pattaya is also serviced by National Telecom, formerly TOT.  Rather than monthly billing, one pre-pays for specific service periods and 6 months is one of the options.  I have used NT for 3 years now and service has been pretty good. Download speeds are fairly consistent and service interruptions are not frequent.  One has to appear at their office in person, Passport and lease/ownership documents in hand to establish service. The office is at the intersection of Central Pattaya and 3rd Roads 

Edit:  Last time I paid, they had 2 tiered pricing, foreigners paying more than Thai so if you have a Thai partner, best to have it in the partners name.

Edited by dddave

20 minutes ago, terryq said:

AIS/3BB offer fibre to the home.

AIS & 3BB. Even though AIS acquired 3BB, they still have separate systems. AIS customers call 1175 whilst 3BB, 1530

7 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They all seem to be about the same.  Outtages, problems, and they never answer the phone or speak English. 

Not at all true when it comes to answering the phone and speaking English.

The most important factor is to have optical fiber. A lot of places in Pattaya still seem to be using copper wire for the final leg to the room which will give you much slower speeds and less reliability.

I've been using True fiber for several years. Never had an outage and I've never had to call for service. Before this, I had True ADSL, which was more problematic but True service was quite good. They had English speakers on duty and there usually wasn't much of a wait to get through.

25 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

They all seem to be about the same.  Outtages, problems, and they never answer the phone or speak English. 

Absolutely false for 3BB - not once have I had a problem getting an English speaker and the level of speaking and comprehension was more than acceptable.

I have been using a one year sim from DTAC that I put in my router but speed is limited to 15mps.

I'm looking for something faster.

However, at 1990 baht for one year and 100 GB per month, the price was right!

6 hours ago, TBKK said:

Also, since I stay here six months per year,

I reckon your best option is Lazada, you can buy fast sim cards now valid for 6 months. 

You will charged yearly fees for cable/fibre internet. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST