My best memory of Thailand

Celsius

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Go on then, maybe I shall look for a born-again one.

The power of prayer.

You will be amazed just how much is forgiven just after one lil' prayer.

I will just leave it at that.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Celsius said:

My best memory of Thailand 

Lots of great memories. 

Most memorable, paying for the C section at BPH and taking my newborn children home. 

My children have given me my best memories in Thailand. 

Life is great, I'll have many more ahead of me.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Celsius said:

The power of prayer.

You will be amazed just how much is forgiven just after one lil' prayer.

I will just leave it at that.

Still waiting for my lotto numbers or a cancer free mother in law. Yep still waiting.

I have so many 'best' memories.  I might highlight one.  When I first visited Thailand for the first time in December 2009, prior to my permanent move in June 2010, my Thai partner and I were living right on the beach in a condo near Ban Pae. 

I vividly remember one beautiful evening when we went down to the beach and we had dinner right on the beach from one of the small beach food stalls, watching the sunset, listening to the waves.  Not many people around.  Beautiful weather.  While we were eating, an elephant with his handler came up the beach and ambled right by us--probably the first--but now not the last-- time in my life I had been so close to an elephant.  I remember thinking this is certainly wonderfully different from my ho hum life in Virginia.  

2 hours ago, J Branche said:

First arriving in Thailand, nieve about anything below the surface in Thailand.  Everything was new, interesting and exciting.  Still love Thailand, Thai culture and people just now with a different perspective.

My best memory was on my first arrival to Phuket in 1984.  We asked the taxi to stop at the top of Kata hill where the shrine is, and looked down on the three perfect bays below and Poo island all glittering!!! This is where I wanted to be. It was wonderful with just a few colorful characters and perfect near empty beaches. I stayed until the tsunami hit , after , it all changed.

I had 3 months of sheer bliss IMO, I knew a very attractive bar girl that I had been with a few times, but the bar female bar owner used to get violent when pissed, and she and her also attractive much smaller friend, had to share a room with her, and wanted to find their own place feeling scared of her, so I suggested where I was staying I would pay for one of the bungalows at 3.5K a month, I just wanted one time a week, and also put a rule in place they could not bring customers there. Well the one I really liked never slept in 'her' room she would always come to my room every night, I did not have a M/C either but the smaller girl did, we used to drive around all day with me driving and the smaller one in front clamped between my legs............oh what a time we had, laughing and joking all day. 

They never went  back to the bar but freelanced at the clubs and other bars this was on Koh Chang nearly 20yrs ago.