Traffic Camera Fine Wrong

I recently received a Traffic Ticket for running a red light. They sent me the notice with a couple of photos of my vehicle in the intersection when the light was red. I was turning right and the traffic in front of me had stopped, forcing me to become stationary in the intersection until the traffic in front of me moved. 

I have attached the "Evidence" photos here.  The problem is, the photos do not show me entering the intersection against a red light, they show me inside the intersection while the light was red. I believe they have not proven via the photo evidence that I comitted the offence.

Has anyone had experience in contesting a traffic camera fine? What is the procedure?

IMG20241003084947.jpg

2 minutes ago, marin said:

Looks to me like you ran it. Common though here to follow the car in front of you. 

How the hell can you conclude that I ran it from that photo? You are guessing or agitating. I await your reply with your points of proof.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

You crossed the white line when your exit was not clear, you effectively ran the red, regardless that the traffic in front of you stalled. Sorry, 

running the red light is just that, passing the traffic light on green is not running a red light.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Coota said:

How the hell can you conclude that I ran it from that photo? You are guessing or agitating. I await your reply with your points of proof.

Seems I am not the only one who feels you ran the light. Jai yen yen, you were twice caught by the cameras running the red light. I have driven here for 35+ years and know the law. 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, steve187 said:

running the red light is just that, passing the traffic light on green is not running a red light.

Can you prove that you passed the light whilst it was green?

Exactly.

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

Can you prove that you passed the light whilst it was green?

Exactly.

the prosecutors need to prove you failed to stop at the red light ( in the UK the offence is failing to stop at the white line) you don't have to prove the lights were green when you passed

Exactly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They may only show you one but they take 2 photos with a 2 second interval, the first one the instant it goes red.

You were most likely stationary in both photos.

The lesson you need to learn is don’t enter the junction unless your exit is clear.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, marin said:

Seems I am not the only one who feels you ran the light. Jai yen yen, you were twice caught by the cameras running the red light. I have driven here for 35+ years and know the law. 

I am a retired Cop, 25 years in the job and there is no proof that I entered the intersection under a red light. The evidence cannot support the charge. The evidence photos need to show my car at the white line when the lights are red. That is the law. So what if you've been driving here for that long, that's irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Coota said:

So what if you've been driving here for that long, that's irrelevant.

Its sure as hell as relevant as this quote from you..

3 minutes ago, Coota said:

I am a retired Cop, 25 years in the job

Then you out to know the law better. 

In both photos you are in the intersection while the light is red.

Now go after the other 10-12 posters who say you ran the light, while you are at it could you point out any posters agreeing with you?

Screenshot 2024-10-03 095706.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

The semantics on the ticket are not great, running a red light is not the best description.

Your crime was to enter a junction when your exit was not clear.

is there a law against that if no box junction marking,

Section 22 (1000B)
[Meaning of traffic light:
Green: the driver may drive the vehicle through
Yellow: the driver shall prepare to stop the vehicle behind the stop line. If the driver has passed the stop line when the traffic light turns yellow, he may go through.
Red: the driver shall stop the vehicle behind the stop line.

• Like 1

I entered the intersection, most likely when the light was orange but it was not safe to stop suddenly as the car behind me in the photo was too close and he may have collided with me. Entering an intersection on an orange light is not illegal. The traffic in front of me was moving but stopped suddenly when a car decided to try to turn right or do a uturn up ahead and there was not enough room for traffic to get past it. So, nothing illegal there as I entered the intersection with traffic moving in front of me.

As far as @motdaeng and his comment, I do know better and post something intelligent instead of attacking the man next time.