Traffic Camera Fine Wrong

4 hours ago, steve187 said:

the prosecutors need to prove you failed to stop at the red light ( in the UK the offence is failing to stop at the white line) you don't have to prove the lights were green when you passed

Exactly

This is not the UK!  

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Coota said:

I am a retired Cop, 25 years in the job and there is no proof that I entered the intersection under a red light. The evidence cannot support the charge. The evidence photos need to show my car at the white line when the lights are red.

If that's what you think, take it to court.  You are not a retired Thai police officer so what has your old occupation got to do with anything?

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

What nonesense. You entered an intersection not knowing if you can exit in time. Maybe being in Thailand too long, ie, not thinking ahead. There should be additional fines for blocking traffic. 

Agreed...  but lets not be too judgemental here - I bet every single person who has contributed to this topic and drives has done exactly the same thing as the op...  (follow cars into a junction then get 'stranded' as the lights change)... Its just a daily occurrence. 

We (Drivers) would never get anywhere if we didn't 'push through' and approach driving here with a degree of assertion...      If we didn't enter a junction until the exit was clear we'd have vehicles just going around us instead.... (and drawing a lot of anger on ourselves as well).

I agree that there should be fines for ensuring traffic isn't blocked, that junctions remain clear etc... but who are we kidding here...   the police are lazy... its just the AI and cameras doing 'some work at some intersections'.... 

• Like 2

I totally understand what you’re saying the vehicle in front of you stop so there’s no way you can continue turning. This happens a lot here and I had a friend of mine that actually went to the police station and explained to them why he was there and I’ll looked at him and said basically pay 500 so I don’t know how you can argue your point, maybe judge and explain it to the judge  TIT

2 hours ago, bradiston said:

I agree with him. It's not a yellow box junction. If people stopped on a green light waiting for their exit to clear, there'd be hell to pay from the traffic behind, and you'd probably never get to turn right!

The OP is only interested in the legal aspects, not the attitude of other motorist so,,,

"RTA Section 71.

(3)21 where a green light traffic signal appears at the junction ahead
but there is another conveyance stopping and obstructs the passing from the
junction, the driver must stop behind the stopping line until he or she is able to
move the conveyance passing the junction". 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mark Nothing said:

Is writing a nice letter responding to the ticket worth your time?

If so, The letter might point out that your overseas friend was driving the vehicle on this date and to contact him or his group of 10.  It was not you behind the wheel.

The camera evidence  appears fuzzy.  With millions of pickup trucks on the road you sent the ticket to the wrong vehicle license tag address.

Or a camera does not have the ability to testify and lacking a proper witness to witness the camera photo is mistaken requiring the ticket be ing voided.

The blood suckers keep pushing their luck.  Our job is to push back.

Good god...

In Queensland Australia the rules said if you move through the intersection while the light is red ..you pay. If you are stationary ( traffic jam) you don't pay. That sounds fair. They should define the rules & situations that apply.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Tailwagsdog said:

In Queensland Australia the rules said if you move through the intersection while the light is red ..you pay. If you are stationary ( traffic jam) you don't pay. That sounds fair. They should define the rules & situations that apply.

What have Australian laws got to do with this?  The relevant Thai law is very clear to those who can read it, and, if they don't bother to read it, they shouldn't be trying to argue a case against that law.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

And did anyone back home argue that it's not their fault that they got stuck in the middle of an intersection against a red light because they were inattentive or stupid?

I did that in New Jersey 45+ years ago.  I even timed the yellow light to show that it was too short and there was an instant when a car doing the speed limit could enter on a green and still be in the intersection when the light turned red.  (I was a poor college student (engineering) and couldn't afford the ticket)   I even had the DOT specs, showing that the short yellow didn't pass muster.

The judge commiserated and cut me a smaller fine because I was a student, but explained that the law was, "you can't be in the intersection when the light turns red".  Every time I passed that intersection there was a cop car there, trolling for revenue.  That was my only moving violation in 50 years of driving.

To the OP, pay the fine, take your leaning lumps, and move on.  Life's too short.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

running the red light is just that, passing the traffic light on green is not running a red light.

If you can see you can not get through the junction you stay at the green light.

Book him Dano

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Coota said:

I am a retired Cop, 25 years in the job and there is no proof that I ent

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

yes a former traffic cop

Surprised that you two would admit that on a forum in which the general consensus doesn't approve of the blue line gang members and is no way of supporting your credibility, as your posts' tone seems to suggest!

5 hours ago, Coota said:

I am a retired Cop, 25 years in the job and there is no proof that I entered the intersection under a red light. The evidence cannot support the charge. The evidence photos need to show my car at the white line when the lights are red. That is the law. So what if you've been driving here for that long, that's irrelevant.

Actual Thai law says you must not enter the intersection when the light turns yellow.