Bruce Springsteen's Call to Action: Endorsing Harris, Criticizing Trump

Social Media

Another celebrity of high caliber ... :cheesy:

... divorced because cheating on his wife ... earns respect from me.

That's OK, he knows what's best for us :coffee1:

He supported obama also, though not a lot of truth, transparency and integrity in that admonition ... IMHO

... "Springsteen supported Barack Obama's 2008 presidential campaign, announcing his endorsement in April 2008.  He appeared at several rallies in support of Obama's campaign throughout that year.[150] At one such rally in Ohio, Springsteen discussed the importance of "truth, transparency and integrity in government" - wiki

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, marin said:

the mega chart topper Kid Rock

Kid Rock, circa 2003, when asked about Saddam Hussein:

"We gotta get that <deleted>!"

The guy had the gall to chew gum - and then spit it out halfway - during his speech for Cheap Trick's 2016 induction at the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame.

Pure class!

Edited by metisdead
Bold font removed and profanity removed.
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, marin said:

Give me a break. He has been married to Patty Scialfla for 33 years and has 3 loving kids. 

Julianne Phillips might agree with me, and not you :coffee1:

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s a problem with aging, some folk get bitter as they get older and life passes them by.

I know thats why we all cut you a break when you post silliness

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, impulse said:

If you believe those numbers in front of an election, I have a bridge for sale.  Especially since they've "adjusted" the jobs numbers down just about every month in the past year. 

Not to mention, how many of those jobs were full time, non-gub'ment (or NGO), and went to the native born and not to the "newcomers"? 

And how is unemployment the same, when we have 10 million new job entrants, and (arguably) not many more jobs than pre-Covid?  There's another puzzler for ya...

Tell us about the day you bought the bridge you are now trying to sell.

I don't understand this whole 'endorsement' business that seems to be huge in America. And afaik, only in America.

Trump endorses some governor candidate and brags about it, Taylor Swift endorses Harris, Springsteen endorses Harris, etc etc.

It's perfectly ok for popular people with a big platform to express their opinions about politics, fine with me. Some even have very educated opinions.

But endorsing a candidate? What does that mean? That people who hadn't figured out yet who to vote for, now suddenly think: yes because Springsteen says so, now I'll vote for Harris?

I'm not American, I can think for myself.

3 hours ago, marin said:

In your Kool Aid chugging opinion. But dont forget you have the mega chart topper Kid Rock basically alone supporting Trump. 

Even I have heard of Bruce Springsteen.

OTOH, Kid Rock. The first time I heard of him was on this thread.

1 hour ago, Presto said:

I don't understand this whole 'endorsement' business that seems to be huge in America. And afaik, only in America.

Trump endorses some governor candidate and brags about it, Taylor Swift endorses Harris, Springsteen endorses Harris, etc etc.

It's perfectly ok for popular people with a big platform to express their opinions about politics, fine with me. Some even have very educated opinions.

But endorsing a candidate? What does that mean? That people who hadn't figured out yet who to vote for, now suddenly think: yes because Springsteen says so, now I'll vote for Harris?

The target audience is people who can't think for themselves. People who thought Ol' Bruce was having breakfast at his local diner like he does every day and then spontaneously handed the phone to a waitress and asked her to record him as he felt he had something to say [which read like it was a script from Democrat campaign office because that was what it was].

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mokwit said:

The target audience is people who can't think for themselves. People who thought Ol' Bruce was having breakfast at his local diner like he does every day and then spontaneously handed the phone to a waitress and asked her to record him as he felt he had something to say [which read like it was a script from Democrat campaign office because that was what it was].

Were you there at the time, and actually saw it happen? Or are people just supposed to accept that your unsubstantiated words are true?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Amazing.

Bruce is now a dead ringer for Bing Crosby.

He should stick to his crooning.

Or do a Christmas duet with David Bowie.  555

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Presto said:

Last line nailed it.