Cannot Recieve SMS Messages on Smartphone

Why can't I recieve SMS messages on my phone except from AIS? I am trying to get on to Wise for a money transfer and after I sign in they want to send a code no by SMS to my phone, but it never arrives. Anyone know why.

Could it be anything to do with my sim cards which one was used when I was recently in the UK?

16 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Why can't I recieve SMS messages on my phone except from AIS? I am trying to get on to Wise for a money transfer and after I sign in they want to send a code no by SMS to my phone, but it never arrives. Anyone know why.

Could it be anything to do with my sim cards which one was used when I was recently in the UK?

Wise will only send SMS to SIM no. registered on your account.

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Wise will only send SMS to SIM no. registered on your account.

Yes, I used sim 2 in the UK and when I got home the lady at AIS took it out at my request and replaced it with the original one, but she cancelled it and put it back, so I am using sim 1 for my calls and internet and sim 2 has nothing on it.

When I phone anyone now ie my wife a different phone no to my own shows up on their phone.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes, I used sim 2 in the UK and when I got home the lady at AIS took it out at my request and replaced it with the original one, but she cancelled it and put it back, so I am using sim 1 for my calls and internet and sim 2 has nothing on it.

When I phone anyone now ie my wife a different phone no to my own shows up on their phone.

There's the answer 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Get your original number back from AIS. Or I thnk you can change it on the Wise personal profile details, but not 100% sure. I shall look and let you know.

Check the SIMs in Settings on your phone, see which is for calls and which for data.

9 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Where, physically, are your 2 SIM cards?  And what are they, both AIS or AIS and ANOther?  And the mystery number, Thai or ....?

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Get your original number back from AIS. Or I thnk you can change it on the Wise personal profile details, but not 100% sure. I shall look and let you know.

Check the SIMs in Settings on your phone, see which is for calls and which for data.

Yes, you can change the phone number in your Wise Personal Details via your PC, not app, but you need the app to verify your PC device. Bit of a ball-ache, but possible.

Get AIS to sort your old number out instead.

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's the answer 

Yes that is the answer, but why did that no get on to my phone? Is Wise going to sim 2 when my proper phone no is on sim 1? That doesen't make sense to me, I will go and see AIS on Monday.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Yes that is the answer, but why did that no get on to my phone? Is Wise going to sim 2 when my proper phone no is on sim 1? That doesen't make sense to me, I will go and see AIS on Monday.

your telephone number is different to the one Wise has

• Agree 1

My wife's Samsung phone also had a visit to AIS for sim issues.

After providing staff with the sim numbers they still managed to get them in the wrong sim slots..

The Samsung in this case required sim 2 to be installed first

18 minutes ago, norbra said:

My wife's Samsung phone also had a visit to AIS for sim issues.

After providing staff with the sim numbers they still managed to get them in the wrong sim slots..

The Samsung in this case required sim 2 to be installed first

On an Android phone, well my 3  (Samsung, Huawei & POCO ) anyway, I can say which SIM is used for what, it matters not which slot they are in.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Upnotover said:

Where, physically, are your 2 SIM cards?  And what are they, both AIS or AIS and ANOther?  And the mystery number, Thai or ....?

As far as I know sim1 for calls and the internet. Nothing on sim2

18 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

On an Android phone, well my 3  (Samsung, Huawei & POCO ) anyway, I can say which SIM is used for what, it matters not which slot they are in.

I understand but the AIS chick didn't