Horrific Bus Fire in Thailand Sparks National Debate on Safety

webfact

Blah blah blah. Yet more hot air from Thai Ministers.

We all know know exactly what will happen. A few more committees followed by press releases and the obligatory photo opportunity with Ministers congratulating themselves on a good job done. 

Followed by absolutely zero action.

It happens time after time with any major incident. Why would any right minded person think this would be any different ?

• Agree 2

Thailands road fatalities is an indication of the authorities lack of enforcing the laws of Thailand and changing the laws to be in line with modern day standards starting with the Thai driving licence tests, public motor vehicle inspections and road safety standards. The driving standards in Thailand are attrocious to say the least and the law is constantly disregarded by vehicle owners and drivers themselves. Its in your face every time you drive down the road and the police in 95% of the time do zero!!! Drivers need proper driving education, testing stations need to adhere to & enforce the correct standards & Thai road law enforcement need to get off their backsides and enforce the laws!  The recent bus tragedy is just an indication of the poor level of ethics, morals and intelligence of both the vehicle owner and the driver!

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

Thailands road fatalities is an indication of the authorities lack of enforcing the laws of Thailand and changing the laws to be in line with modern day standards starting with the Thai driving licence tests, public motor vehicle inspections and road safety standards. The driving standards in Thailand are attrocious to say the least and the law is constantly disregarded by vehicle owners and drivers themselves. Its in your face every time you drive down the road and the police in 95% of the time do zero!!! Drivers need proper driving education, testing stations need to adhere to & enforce the correct standards & Thai road law enforcement need to get off their backsides and enforce the laws!  The recent bus tragedy is just an indication of the poor level of ethics, morals and intelligence of both the vehicle owner and the driver!

There is no need for more Laws or standards Thailand has Plenty up to date  it is simply Lack of enforcement

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

There is no need for more Laws or standards Thailand has Plenty up to date  it is simply Lack of enforcement

So you feel the current drivers licence test is adequate do you??  and enforcement is what I posted!!! And the fact that the bus owner was able to substitute the correct gas bottles without compliance !!!

Edited by paul1804

10 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

So you feel the current drivers licence test is adequate do you??  and enforcement is what I posted!!! And the fact that the bus owner was able to substitute the correct gas bottles without compliance !!!

11 minutes ago, paul1804 said:

The current driving test is not the issue It is the lack of enforcement of these laws no need to change the laws  I do not know of any Police force In the world ( please point out if I am wrong) that just turns there back when it comes to doing their job by enforcing the Law three people every two hours die while the police sit doing nothing

While the bus owner was not licensed to have more that 6 gas bottles per bus nothing i read said   the tanks where not in compliance  and by the way there are no standard for old busses

On 10/6/2024 at 11:47 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

After the Doctor was killed in Bangkok all of sudden pedestrian crossings appeared everywhere, the problem is no one stops for pedestrians even at light controlled ones.

Yep,  Just a waste of paint.