Who suffers with Angina?

ChipButty

2 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes Gerd although I think my Doctor said Gord?

Yes I have to take Nexium 

Both GERD and GORD are acceptable terms to describe gastroesophageal reflux. Unless of course your doctor is a pumpkin or a squash, in which case GOURD would be more appropriate. 🙂

15 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Yes Gerd although I think my Doctor said Gord?

Yes I have to take Nexium 

What do you pay for Nexium and where do you buy it in Pattaya?

Get a diagnosis done with an EKG and/or CAT scan with contrast, a cardiologist will then prescribe suitable medication.

If the doctor prescribes beta-blockers to slow down the pulse rate, be aware these medications have side effects such as loss of libido, and psoriasis.

• Haha 1

On 10/7/2024 at 6:54 AM, ChipButty said:

Any of our members here suffer with  Angina? if so what treatment or medicines do you take? 

I was reading nitrate pills for angina, does it work? 

It's a matter of your personal doctor. Have a visit and he'll give you a diagnosis and available treatment.

However, we have here on AN people, who give unqualified advises. 

2 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Get a diagnosis done with an EKG and/or CAT scan with contrast, a cardiologist will then prescribe suitable medication.

If the doctor prescribes beta-blockers to slow down the pulse rate, be aware these medications have side effects such as loss of libido, and psoriasis.

Do you know if Valsartin is a beta blocker ??

I have to take one a day 40mg for high blood pressure caused by my testereone shots

But I need my testereone shots even though it's going damage to my heart 

2 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Do you know if Valsartin is a beta blocker ??

I have to take one a day 40mg for high blood pressure caused by my testereone shots

But I need my testereone shots even though it's going damage to my heart 

Valsartin is an angiotensin II receptor blocker, which works differently to a beta-blocker.

AFAIK valsartan has zero effect in terms of psoriasis, although it may affect libido.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Perhaps exercise studies. I woud want coronary angiogram.

If you get a stress test, either treadmill or nuclear, and there is indication of heart issues, particularly artery blockage, a coronary angiography with catheterization gives them the ability to treat blockages found with angioplasty with or without installing stents.. otherwise, if you don’t set up the catheterization, you get to do it again doubling the amount of radiation received. 

And since it is done with only good pain meds, you can watch the whole thing on wide screen tv. 

Edited by degrub