Taking Thai Baht out of Thailand

Heading back to Canada soon.  Can anyone tell me if it's legal to take 1.4 million Baht out of Thailand as cash?  If there is a limit, what is the maximum amount I can take with me as Thai Baht.  Thank you!

45 minutes ago, Randy99 said:

Can anyone tell me if it's legal to take 1.4 million Baht out of Thailand as cash

I am intrigued why you may want to? Just curious if you can share.....

I believe the 50k mentioned above is correct unless going to certain neighbouring countries.

No you cannot, THB cannot be freely exported, it is a restricted currency. You can carry up to 500k Baht to neighbouring ASEAN countries but only 50k Baht to any other country, except to two southern provinces in China where the amount is (I believe) 1.5 million Baht.

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Buy crypto.
Move to a hard wallet.

Trx to a UK exchange.

Withdraw to bank.

I’ve no idea if that would work - but that’s what I’d try if attempting to move large sums.

I’ve used DeeMoney to move smaller amounts. 

I don't think anyone would risk using them anymore....have you seen the reviews? seems like a big scam.  For a large amount I would never risk cash and possible issues with customs.....go through your bank.....bangkok bank process my international payments despite many people saying you need to fall in a certain category e.g. have a work permit etc

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Dan SG said:

I don't think anyone would risk using them anymore....have you seen the reviews? seems like a big scam.  For a large amount I would never risk cash and possible issues with customs.....go through your bank.....bangkok bank process my international payments despite many people saying you need to fall in a certain category e.g. have a work permit etc

Them? 

Who DeeMoney or BitKub ?