Why Do You Even Drink?

SoCal1990

On 10/10/2024 at 4:49 AM, Kinok Farang said:

20 years sober now but if i could i'd have a drink tomorrow.

I can honestly say i had more fun in the pub with the lads than any other time of my life.

Basically, you can fart and all the lads start laughing at your farts because everything is funny when you're drunk.

We're way too uptight and serious in normal life. 

So getting drunk is an outlet to let loose. 

It's a psychological release from all the tension of being serious all day long at work. 

Edited by save the frogs

1 hour ago, Hummin said:

show me your selection then 😄

I don't know much about wine. 

I'll take your word for it that that wine tastes good and is worth the exorbitant price tag.

In fact, wine is so good that it's highly addictive. You end up drinking it every night, sometimes 2-3 glasses.

It's way too easy to go beyond safe limits where it starts to harm your liver and shrink your brain.

So screw wine. 

If I gave up pizza and cakes and ice cream, I can give up wine too.

Such is life. We're cursed creatures. A lot of stuff that tastes good is not good for us. 

I'll give God a piece of my mind when I see him. 

Why can't alcohol just be good for us, damn you God !!!!

Edited by save the frogs

9 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

I don't know much about wine. 

I'll take your word for it that that wine tastes good and is worth the exorbitant price tag.

In fact, wine is so good that it's highly addictive. You end up drinking it every night, sometimes 2-3 glasses.

It's way too easy to go beyond safe limits where it starts to harm your liver and shrink your brain.

So screw wine. 

If I gave up pizza and cakes and ice cream, I can give up wine too.

Such is life. We're cursed creatures. A lot of stuff that tastes good is not good for us. 

I'll give God a piece of my mind when I see him. 

Why can't alcohol just be good for us, damn you God !!!!

I drink maybe 8 - 12 bottles of wine in a year on average, and most of them in the summer in my orign country. 

This year so far raw assumption of my alchohol consumption.

15 beers, 5 bottles of wine, 6 glass of cognac. 2 white months included. 

8 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I drink maybe 8 - 12 bottles of wine in a year on average, and most of them in the summer in my orign country. 

This year so far raw assumption of my alchohol consumption.

15 beers, 5 bottles of wine, 6 glass of cognac. 2 white months included. 

Oh gawd, another boring and pedantic list maker. 

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Basically, you can fart and all the lads start laughing at your farts because everything is funny when you're drunk.

We're way too uptight and serious in normal life. 

So getting drunk is an outlet to let loose. 

It's a psychological release from all the tension of being serious all day long at work. 

That describes my mates and i perfectly.

Saying that,when i go and see them now i tell them "I'm off after your third pint". After that it's like listening to a gang of loonies.

• Thanks 1

On 10/10/2024 at 11:13 AM, CallumWK said:

I notice our resident troll is again very active in this thread, shame his posts get removed before I have the chance to read them

How do you know that his posts have been removed?

People drink alcohol for varying reasons. Personally I prefer to drink for taste rather than effect and I rarely over-indulge. 

I also like beer and wine culture and trying new and interesting varieties. 

Getting drunk doesn't interest me but I admit I do enjoy that heady feeling after the first or second glass and loosening up a bit.

I like to keep a rough record of what I drink and stick to a weekly limit or it becomes like Russian Roulette with your health.

We're all different.

48 minutes ago, RSD1 said:

Oh gawd, another boring and pedantic list maker. 

You sounds like a great guy and sure have many good friends who you share interesting things with. I replied to save the frogs, not you.

38 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Surely you mean per MONTH?

Nope, I do not drink much, but when have friends over we share a bottle or two among us of quality wine, and a few glasses who complement the food. 

A good Cognac and coffe as well. 

The less I drink, the more I enjoy drinking. Some know what I mean, most do not

10 minutes ago, Hummin said:

You sounds like a great guy and sure have many good friends who you share interesting things with. I replied to save the frogs, not you.

Nope, not great, no friends. Unlike you of course. An expert on everything and a true legend in your own mind. Reading your long, boring, trite, and self-absorbed posts, I can only imagine you have tons of friends and are the life of any party. Olé. 

1 minute ago, RSD1 said:

Nope, not great, no friends. Unlike you of course. An expert on everything and a true legend in your own mind. Reading your long, boring, trite, and self-absorbed posts, I can only imagine you have tons of friends and are the life of any party. Olé. 

I have a life, and do my best, while you sound bitter

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

I still drink, but have cut way back.  Some recent studies have said any amount, even one beer is toxic and not good for your body.  Very sad, drinking can be very enjoyable and relaxing.

I'm half cut again ... :burp:         i'm really toxic now ..

Once or twince a month...(1) or two (2) well filled glases of great red wine won't hurt. Very enjoying with a good meal. A few stronger drinks with mixers and ice,  every few months when out in a club late...well,  why not... ?

But the main problem of drunks (those who need their drinks daily)  is that they will never admit that they are drunkards and second it's a disease that often needs a properly qualified mental health professional to cure. And that can be a challenge to find in Thailand or in within many humble or poor communities in the west.

Drink like drugs, alters the mind, alters common sense, can cause depression (that is errorneously relieved with more drink), causes agressive behavioural patterns and many other well known issues.

As for drinking and driving, no comment. But with all the Police corruption in Thailand, it's a child's play for a drunk,  caught behind the wheel,  to pay his way out of the check-point.

On 10/10/2024 at 8:02 AM, BritManToo said:

I like to drink Pepsi!

At the end of the day, over consumption of Coke, Pepsi and similar could be causing more deaths and serious health issues then moderate consumption of booze...

If I may say, anything is good in moderation and self discipline, and everything can get bad if one looses it.

Thank you.