CNG and LPG vehicles face crackdown after tragic school bus fire

snoop1130

“Operators of these vehicles are required to bring them for inspection at Land Transport Offices nationwide, free of charge.”

Operators will voluntarily bring their vehicles for inspection?  Wishful thinking!

Once inspected, how will they be visually identified as having been inspected?  Windscreen sticker?  New option for scammers to make a few baht, counterfeit stickers available soon.  Inspectors stationed at all filling stations?  Some with their hands out before confirming compliance.  Road blocks (check points) and permanent markings in

vehicle registration books might help.   

39 minutes ago, WoodyKenny said:

Well that will never happen... We've lived in other Asian Countries as well.. Such a shame and mind-blowing how they simply don't care how anyone or any vehicle is operated on any road way.  There's NO Law and order in Asia when it comes to Transportation Period. 

Where do you start: No Driving license,

No proper Tag, No Insurance, No Noise level, No Passenger limit (7 on a bike or 25 in a 15 passenger van) No Driving In the wrong direction, No driving on the wrong side... I mean when you an ride your Suit Case on the highway (this litteray just happen google it) what does that tell you..  All I can say is 10 and 2 and drive safely my friend..

Well Singapore and Malaysia are in Asia  and i can assure you they have Law and Order when it comes to Transportation   so i think you need to get you facts straight 

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Hate, the post is right on mark!

What is hate and naivety you live under a rock.

Maybe more lives dying being burned alive in this case what is missing from the photo of burning bus close your eye is the cry screaming  of help the pain from these little kids being burned alive.

You so in love of exchange rate to your advantage you are part of the problem.

2 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Hate, the post is right on mark!

What is hate and naivety you live under a rock.

Maybe more lives dying being burned alive in this case what is missing from the photo of burning bus close your eye is the cry screaming  of help the pain from these little kids being burned alive.

You so in love of exchange rate to your advantage you are part of the problem.

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Safe for the day of the inspection... after that what happens... nothing again.

14 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

Yes and they are trying to improve 

The only improvement being attempted, is the flow of cash into personal bank accounts by those in charge.

40 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

Well Singapore and Malaysia are in Asia  and i can assure you they have Law and Order when it comes to Transportation   so i think you need to get you facts straight 

Splitting hairs?

16 hours ago, dinsdale said:

No. It's not a start. It's just more reactionary BS to look good. Never happen in any meaningful way. TIT. Out of control bus crashes and kills 30  people. Brakes blamed. What happens? Nothing, apart from the driver being investigated/charged and money changing hands on the quiet. A true start will happen only when a progressive government is in control and hopefully can get rid of the endemic corruption in this country which starts at the top. 

Every journey starts with the first step 👍

38 minutes ago, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

Good now remove all corruption practices from the inspection and testing process . Only needs now a stringent testing process for Bus and Coach drivers, might have a chance of suceeding 

Do you know What the testing procure is I very much dought it   do you know the relevant Standard Gas system are Inspected to

16 hours ago, motdaeng said:

thailand faces one major issue: corruption! regardless of the area that needs urgent improvement, deeply entrenched corruption,

often passively accepted by many thai people, obstructs progress.

thailand's biggest battle was and will be against corruption, as everything is interconnected. without addressing or at least reducing corruption, nothing will improve in the long term ...  it has nothing to do with a lack of education or not existing laws; it's purely about corruption!

It's not a lack of education that should be worried about  - it's the education the kids get IN corruption that implies it's a way of life here that is the worrying thing!

1 minute ago, sambum said:

It's not a lack of education that should be worried about  - it's the education the kids get IN corruption that implies it's a way of life here that is the worrying thing!

You are correct,  it is a way of life here,  "its the norm" and without a massive culture change nothing will happen, Thais will just carry on 

1 minute ago, MikeandDow said:

You are correct,  it is a way of life here,  "its the norm" and without a massive culture change nothing will happen, Thais will just carry on 

You criticize me for accusing Thai's of corruption, but here you are agreeing it is the norm. Contradiction in a very short time! In an argument, you need a very good memory to stay on the same track, not to just agree or disagree at will to suit the occasion. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Surasak said:

You criticize me for accusing Thai's of corruption, but here you are agreeing it is the norm. Contradiction in a very short time! In an argument, you need a very good memory to stay on the same track, not to just agree or disagree at will to suit the occasion. 

I don't believe I criticize you for Thais corruption please show me the post  

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Operators of these vehicles are required to bring them for inspection at Land Transport Offices nationwide, free of charge.

And if they don't, then what? No mention of how this will be enforced to ensure compliance. In other words just another toothless bureaucratic reaction and nothing changes. TiT.

30 minutes ago, black tabby12345 said:

Mandatory mechanical inspection after 23 people tragically died of the faulty system on the bus?

Better be.

For the safety of any future passengers.

As well as the poor souls lost...

I don't  know where you get Mechanical inspection from all i read is Inspection, The Standard for Gas Inspection of Gas powered vehicle  is VISUAL  There are doing More than the standard by using Gas detectors, they are also visually inspecting the safety gear onboard

Edited by MikeandDow

3 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

I don't  know where you get Mechanical inspection from all i read is Inspection, The Standard for Gas Inspection of Gas powered vehicle  is VISUAL  There are doing More than the standard by using Gas detectors

I am not knowledgeable in vehicle machinery.

I may got some technical misinterpretations.

I thought the mechanism includes it fuel system as well...

1 minute ago, black tabby12345 said:

I am not knowledgeable in vehicle machinery.

I may got some technical misinterpretations.

I thought the mechanism includes it fuel system as well...

Yes the Inspection  would included the gas System But it is a Visual Inspection NOT mechanical Inspection

7 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

But it is a Visual Inspection NOT mechanical Inspection

Anything they cannot see with the naked eyes won't be cared for.

Supposedly the serious response to the recent disaster.

In reality, (compulsory) check up just in name...

Isn't it?

4 minutes ago, black tabby12345 said:

Supposedly the  serious response to the recent disaster.

In reality, check up just in name...

Anything they cannot confirm with their naked eyes, won't be picked up;left alone as it used to be...

This is an International standard  so Inspectors world wide do the same

They are using gas detectors which are very sensitive  so if they don't pick up anything it is safe to say it is leak tight

Edited by MikeandDow

3 minutes ago, AustinRacing said:

What a great opportunity for DLT inspectors to double up. An envelope for the regular bi-annual check. And now a bonus payment for this extraordinary inspection. Christmas came early. 

Why do you Assume all DLT inspectors are corrupt  you have proof !! if not don't post

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

has ordered all vehicles equipped with compressed natural gas (CNG) or liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tanks to undergo immediate inspection.

This will take every Bangkok taxi off the streets immediately. But I feel sure the available qualified inspectors will work quickly.😀

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The DLT has set an October 31 deadline for non-public transit buses, vans, and minibuses operating in Bangkok, while public transit buses and LPG-equipped vehicles must be inspected by November 30

Oh......I thought it was an immediate requirement. I must have mis-read the OP. 😋