DeSantis Pushes Back on Climate Change’s Role in Stronger Storms

Social Media

49 minutes ago, impulse said:

You're either responding to someone else's posts, or you're yelling at a cloud going by.  Either way, I did not mention combustion engines or ships in this thread.

Sorry. I conflated your post with another member's. However, you still haven't cited any source for that ridiculous claim that somehow assigns the responsibility for the current rapid pace of climate change to Krakatoa. Making things up much?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This is a spectacularly ignorant man howling into the wind like a absolute fool. We are not responsible, I have not contributed to these problems, if they exist at all, and nothing that I do could possibly have an effect on some place as large as the earth or it's vast oceans. And since we have multiple alternative planets it doesn't matter if we foul Earth to the point of no return we can just shift to another planet. 

So stop picking on me and stop asking me to take responsibility, because I won't. Plastic is not harmful and I won't make any attempt to cut down on my use of it. Gas vehicles are not harmful and therefore I will make no attempt to drive one that consumes less gas, or to use a bicycle, or even a motorbike. I like gas guzzlers, and my luxuries and private jets, so again I ask leave me alone. Let me wallow in my own ignorance, please. 

Why don’t we start by cleaning land and oceans from all plastic?
Why don’t we start finding a better way for industry to get rid of their toxins rather than spilling out in our rivers and lakes and sea?

Why don’t we find a better way than spraying all our crops with glyphosate?  

Why don’t we invest in new household water cleaning plants instead of recycling antibiotics, estrogen and toxins in household water?

Why don’t we stop vaccinating our livestock with antibiotics, growth hormones that we later consume?

Why don’t we feed our livestock with what they are supposed to eat.  If they were permitted to eat what they normally eat there would be less belching and farting, that some people are apt to blaim on climate change.

Why do we keep using monocrop systems that deplete our soil of minerals?

Why do we continue to use artificial nitrogen to fertilise our soils, when we know it kills many minerals? 
Why do we still let pharma companies judge their own science results, thus allowing more and more toxins in so called medicine?  

Why to we allow chemtrails in trying to create rain?  

All of  the above is harmful to all living beings.  
You are all screaming about the population numbers being to high, yet you complain about allowing birth control.  Why not educate ALL population about birth control? 
Why don’t we correct our own living environment before throwing money at stuff that we don’t really know how well it will work?  

All the above is within our means to do, why don’t we do it? 💰💰💰