Hua Hin

BarraMarra

If I book the taxi in advance, it's 2,200 Baht each way from Bangkok airport to Hua Hin.
If I take a taxi directly at the airport without booking in advance, it varies between 1,800 and 2,500 Baht.

I can tell you more about it on Monday. I'm arriving in Bangkok on Monday morning and will then take a taxi to Hua Hin.

23 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Hi all i'm flying into Bangers next Month and going to check out Hua Hin for a few days. Can any members tell me the best way to get there either bus or Taxi and how much thanks.

Bangers - where's that?

• Agree 2

On 10/11/2024 at 7:46 AM, Gottfrid said:

Both bus and taxi are fine. Have VIP buses for a couple of hundreds. Taxi might set you back 2 500 - 3 000 baht

Take a taxi! In that way you can stop and eat or have a coffee when you want and have a relaxing tour! It is also faster even with a couple of Coffee brakes!

On 10/10/2024 at 10:17 PM, BarraMarra said:

Hi all i'm flying into Bangers next Month and going to check out Hua Hin for a few days. Can any members tell me the best way to get there either bus or Taxi and how much thanks.

Bangers?  Is your name Biggles by any chance?

34 minutes ago, harryviking said:

Take a taxi! In that way you can stop and eat or have a coffee when you want and have a relaxing tour! It is also faster even with a couple of Coffee brakes!

Exactly my thoughts. After I heard that it can be as low as 2k baht, so let´s say 2-3k baht for the freedom. That´s well spent.

21 hours ago, jvs said:

I always take the vip bus from bangkok airport to Hua -hin/cha-am.

Under 500 baht and your seat will be comparable to business class on an air plane.

Usually you can book where you leave the airport,just beside the door.

It is a great deal and the drivers are very professional,no speeding and no crazy actions.

https://airporthuahinbus.com/

I use the vip bus regularly for hua hin to suvarnabhumi and viceversa 325 baht.

Its very comfortable. An easy journey.

Why pay so much more for a taxi.

The VIP bus also provides a good service to get into hua hin from the bus station which is out of town next to the airport.

You can book the bus online provided it is at least a day before. Extra 50 baht.

Buses can be full sometimes and if you have not booked you may have a couple of hours to wait. From experience the 12.30 bus to hua hin is often full

If you are flying in and book in advance. Allow maybe a couple of hours for any potential flight delay. In the airport, you can get something to eat and drink to relax before getting on the bus.

When you get through arrivals if the booking is 2 hours away and you want to get away as quickly as possible, you can go to desk and see if there are seats on an earlier bus. If so, the booking can be changed if you want, for an extra charge.

I think its 50 baht.

• Agree 1

Again thanks lads n lasses  lately busses have a reputation of bursting into flames. if I book a Taxi would the fare be the same as my good lady will be meeting me in Swampy. A few regulars like myself come to understand Bangers is BKK, Patters is Pattaya and Pookers is Phuket. Swampy is Suvarnabhumi,  A Tacka is a Taxi.

Edited by BarraMarra

16 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Again thanks lads n lasses  lately busses have a reputation of bursting into flames. if I book a Taxi would the fare be the same as my good lady will be meeting me in Swampy. A few regulars like myself come to understand Bangers is BKK, Patters is Pattaya and Pookers is Phuket. Swampy is Suvarnabhumi,  A Tacka is a Taxi.

And a few regulars like myself get ready to puke when we read these effusions of the minor private school mind.....

I'd have said train if you could book a 2nd class AC seat in advance, but the VIP bus from the airport is a good alternative. Don't understand why anyone would choose to spend 2000 baht on a taxi, but I guess if money is no concern then what the hell.

Why would anyone take a bus for that distance I assume they cannot afford a Taxi.

Crowded, some stranger sitting next to you.

Smelly stinky people everywhere.

Phone problem always people on calls loud mouth, ding ding ding messages, That high voice ¨Line¨.

People talkng loudly to each other could careless.

No control when you want to stop.

It is all a terrible experience in my opinion get a Taxi for peace and freedom.

• Confused 1

On 10/11/2024 at 12:17 PM, BarraMarra said:

At BKK if you go to the ground floor at Gate 8 you can get the VIP Bus every hour or so. You can also reserve online. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Why would anyone take a bus for that distance I assume they cannot afford a Taxi.

Phone problem always people on calls loud mouth, ding ding ding messages, That high voice ¨Line¨.

The airport bus to Hua Hin is a VIP bus, not a typical Thai public transport bus. Thus in many trips, I've never had any of the kinds of issues you claim above. The airport VIP bus trips to Hua Hin are typically quiet and uneventful.

And the bus seating, befitting a VIP standard, is only 3 across, meaning two seats on one side of the aisle, and one seat on the other side... Meaning a person can sit entirely alone with no one on either side of them, if they opt for the single seat side.

I could easily afford the fare for a private taxi... But the reason I can is I generally don't waste my money on needless expenses like a private taxi to Hua Hin. The VIP bus is safe, comfortable, predictable and easy to book and arrange, also with no extra tipping required.

And the best part is, you're getting a regular professional driver who's on a set schedule and travels the same route constantly,  as opposed to a taxi driver you don't know who may be rushing to minimize the time spent on his/her travel.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, BarraMarra said:

Like i said before,these busses are very good and can not be compared to the busses that are 50 years old.

It is your money so spend it as you please.Now you are saying there are two people to travel to Hua-hin so double the cost and i even think if your gf has no ticket she can not use the bus if it is busy.

In your case a taxi would be better and let your gf book it,good luck with a safe taxi and driver.

I have not been here so long yet but i was thinking bangers was something some people eat.

17 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

So you travel by private airplane or at least first class?